FM 2009 Game Features Summary

1. I don't see any point of having 3d features in the game. Its not like we are actually playing games like in fifa09, it only slows down the game and many people experience cpu freezing.

2. Press conferences, media, games summary need a lot of work. Why cant we have at least 100000 different questions asked at the press conference and more realistic game summary and not only "he scored one , then scored second" Can it be more realistic with more detail like in real life. how come its not mentioned in match summary or pregame press conference that i brought only reserve players for a league cup game. Can also players attend press conference?

3. Match Confidence should take into consideration any absences, injuries, comebacks, referee decisions. By the way i was happy to see some consideration in comp confidence when i lost to a way better team even i didn't achieve my goal.

4. Team strength is not taken into consideration in the match prediction (you can have all 200CA players on a team with 3000 reputation and be expected to lose to a team with 100CA players on a 7000 rep team) Please try it. So unrealistic. I looks like its all about rep and game streaks.

5. Can youth system be drastically expanded u10 u12 u15 u17 u19 like in real life, more media on youth competition, team.

Can also players attend press conference?

This would be interesting. The different player's attitudes and personalities could show better with this. The journalists could ask them questions separately, or sometimes your club's press officer sends a certain player along, or if you're an established manager you get to pick sometimes.

An unconfident player could say he's dreading the next game, a cocky player could say he's going to run rings around an opponent player, an aggressive player could even make threats and get himself warned. Good dressing room atmosphere could have players saying nice things about their team mates, bad ones could have them blaming others for their own poor form. The journo then turns to you and asks what you make of that?!

I like it.

SI, get on it! :D

#3 also needs to take into account if you play a youth team or inexperienced squad

That would be good. Different boards could react differently too - if they expected you to do better, and you sent out some kids, maybe they'll warn you about whose club you're running. I guess it would be difficult for the game to distinguish exactly what type of a squad you're bringing, because maybe you've manipulated the game by putting stars in your reserves, or maybe your 18 year old wonderkids who cost €100million in total might be let off with losing to Forest Green. It could perhaps go on previous appearances, or caps if its an international team.

4. Team strength is not taken into consideration in the match prediction (you can have all 200CA players on a team with 3000 reputation and be expected to lose to a team with 100CA players on a 7000 rep team) Please try it. So unrealistic. I looks like its all about rep and game streaks.

Can't see your problem there.

First of all, it's already unrealistic that you have a team with supposedly the best players in the world, and noone has ever heard of them (CA200 and reputation 3000????), so it's foolish to expect a realistic outcome from an unrealistic situation.

Secondly, the media and bookmakers IRL also rely on reputation a lot. If you pitch a team with established players whom people know against a team noone knows with unknown players, it's only logical that the put their money on the team they know.

Secondly, the media and bookmakers IRL also rely on reputation a lot. If you pitch a team with established players whom people know against a team noone knows with unknown players, it's only logical that the put their money on the team they know.

Definitely. The bookmakers regularly lose a lot of money from games in Ireland because they don't keep up to date and make odds based on past form or reputation.

Archived