The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

Deco deal seems pretty much nailed on, £12m being the price mentioned. Really dont know what this means for our midfield, someone will be missing out quite a bit, Maka will probably go, but picking 3 from Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Deco and Mikel could lead to some problems. Should be the last posistion we should be looking to strengthen.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deco coming in would confirm to me that one of Ballack or Lampard is leaving. Assuming you play 4-5-1 then the midfield 3 would be Deco, Essien and one over. I can see the reasoning, Scolari wants a genuine playmaker, a gritty hard tackler and someone to bomb forward and score goals, just think it's a shame he's chosen Deco as the playmaker.

Deco never really shone that much at Barca because he wasn't the main creative spark and the way they played with Ronaldinho Messi eto'o etc...it was just different. Remember the player he was at Porto though, sure hes a bit older but he still has great quality as he as just shown in the Euros. Scolari obviously wants to change the style. From an Arsenal point of view, bring it on. Teams fear your usual style much more then if you started playing more open.

Dont reallt want Deco here, Id rather keep Lamps and Ballack. Maka i think is time to let go too, But we need a Defensive Midfielder as i dont think Mikel is upto scratch. Looking forward to seeing Bosingwa bomming down the right wing and putting crosses in aswell.

Anyone here a Season Ticket Holder? Where do you sit?

Originally posted by eathy2007:

Maka i think is time to let go too, But we need a Defensive Midfielder as i dont think Mikel is upto scratch.

I see Mikel as more of an attacking player. Essien could play as a defensive midfielder? If not Lee Cattermole icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone here a Season Ticket Holder? Where do you sit?

MHL Block 12 Row H Seat 74

and NEVER mention Lee Cattermole in here again. I'd be better in midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was joking. Future in England captain though tbh.

Originally posted by Digger_:

Would it be fair to say that you guys are approaching the new season with far more optimism than you had, when Grant was appointed?

I definitely am. I think that we will draw in some big name players - something Grant wouldn't of been able to do.

Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

You guys don't really need Boulahrouz I think, having Alex on the bench ffs.

You guys heard of any transfer rumours concerning him?

Your not far from me, Im Block 12, Row e right behind the goal, Didnt like my seats when Hasselbaink used to shoot icon_biggrin.gif

Does anyone else here want rid of the unbeaten home run? I would as i reckon we if we didnt have it then we would have gone all out a few more times for w in instead of getting the draws which cost us. Thing is there isnt a team i would like to lost it too icon_biggrin.gif

Starting to get worried. Are we ever going to sign players? We are not really even being linked with players atm.

Sidwell now starting to think that he may have a chance at Chelsea and is seeking talks with Scolari. He just doesn't get it.

We will be signing players but like Phil said, The manager isnt in the job yet, Maybe we already have agreed on some players but they want to have a talk with Big Fil before they join? Nobody knows expect Kenyon. I can see Deco coming but i dont want him, I want younger fresh blood coming in from the youth. Id like to see a bit more of Di Santo and Sinclair playing more often.

Anyone seen this Kakuta? Looks a real prospect

Originally posted by eathy2007:

We will be signing players but like Phil said, The manager isnt in the job yet, Maybe we already have agreed on some players but they want to have a talk with Big Fil before they join? Nobody knows expect Kenyon. I can see Deco coming but i dont want him, I want younger fresh blood coming in from the youth. Id like to see a bit more of Di Santo and Sinclair playing more often.

Anyone seen this Kakuta? Looks a real prospect

i dont think the youngsters are ready for the step up yet. Sinclar would probably be the one that is able too. Kakuta looks exciting too.

Hey Chelsea fans...

My neighbour here in Brazil is a Director for Palmeiras, a club where Scolari won many trophies and was resposible for the brightest period in the clubs he history. Given that, he and Scolari are close friends and talk in an almost daily basis.

Here is what he told me:

Deco is coming, and will step right into the starting 11. Scolari loves him, and trusts him.

Scolari is keen on keeping Drogba, and considers him arguably the best striker in the world. He is keen on bringing another top class striker though, and will almost surely offload sheva, possibly back to milan. As for strikers he is looking at:

Adriano ( Had an incredible loan spell here, scoring 18 in 27 apps, is back into shape, and coaches from both São Paulo and National team are impressed with his work rate on training)

Fred (From Lyon, had an unbelievable scoring rate in brazil, an impressive start in France, but a serious injury ended with him being sidelined and then on the bench. Started to pick up his form a bit last season though)

Klaas-jan Huntelaar

Pawel Pogrebniak

Also he called Ronaldinho, to say that he would love if he came to Stanford Bridge, but for him to think about if he is willing to sacrifice himself, as he knows how Scolaris discipline and commitment to the club work.

As for wingers, Robinho is being looked at, but his 35 m price tag and recent unprofesional behaviour make it unlikely. Quaresma is a strong option, and Simão Sabrosa also a possibility.

He wants to hold onto Carvalho. That´s what i heard around here...

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Do people use :*) in completely different ways?

Half the time it seems to be the tongue in cheek smile and the other times the crying smile. Very confusing.

I have no idea what it means, thought it was someone winking actually

Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Do people use :*) in completely different ways?

Half the time it seems to be the tongue in cheek smile and the other times the crying smile. Very confusing.

I have no idea what it means, thought it was someone winking actually </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a snowflake on a persons cheek to be honest, tears of joy?

Reports today again linking us with Robinho, would love to see him at Chelsea. Also Ronaldinho saying that he would love to link up with Scolari and Deco again.

Mourinho saying that although he does not expect to sign Lampard this summer, he is 100% sure he will join within a year. Lampard is one of my favourite players, but I fear that if he leaves, I will hate him /o\

• Administrators

Not bothered about Deco, good player, just don't want Frank to go. Although ultimately, if he does it'll be his choice, and that says enough.

Anyway, 5 years ago today Roman Abramovich purchased Chelsea Football Club. How come he's not got bored yet? icon_frown.gif

gah Deco icon_frown.gif Not his biggest fan tbf, didn't like him in the UEFA Cup Final at all.

It's not that though, I just don't think he's good enough. Ballack, Essien, Lampard all better than Deco. All used to the style of English football. All proven performers in the Premiership. Why take the risk when I genuinely think we have the best central midfield in the league already?

Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benoit2:

Oh for crying out loud, **** off Deco.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think that we are all saying he crap, we just dont like the guy, no doubt hes a good footballer, but hes a little bugger who constantly annoys me.

Archived