The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Blackburn have a deal in place to loan Franco Di Santo. Contingent on Ancelotti first getting to see him train; so unless he's impressed enough to decide to use him extensively in the first team, he should be on his way. source (Yes I know it's the People. But Alan Nixon posts frequently on a Rovers MB and has been hinting about this for weeks. I'm pretty sure it's accurate).

Anyway, those of you who have seen him in more than the few 5-minutes sub appearances that I've seen; How good is he? What type of player is he; would he play a similar role to that of Santa Cruz if he leaves? I also noticed he has #9; any partirular reason for that? It's a bit unusual for a young backup striker to have it, when there are some world class strikers at the club.

• Administrators

He runs his arse off, is pretty good off the ball getting into space and making runs, has a good spring on him, good at link up play, a bit hit and miss in front of goal, but when he's confident and in form he finds the back of the net. Wouldn't define him as a targetman because he's not that sort of player and needs to get stronger against Prem defenders (that said, he works leverage against players well) but he has the acceleration and awareness to worry teams.

I also noticed he has #9; any partirular reason for that? It's a bit unusual for a young backup striker to have it, when there are some world class strikers at the club.

Even weirder when Boulahrouz was having the No. 9 shirt (as a central defender).

I have no love for Deco. Never did think him coming to Chelsea was a good idea, he always looked a little like Shevchenko in signings. Touted at being good and doing the business but not delivering at all.

Carvalho on the other hand I really think is going to be a sore loss. Him and Terry formed such a strong partnership in our center. However in recent time's he really has struggled for fitness and is getting on a bit, so if we can get a fair bit for him and Mancienne gets a bit more game time, I'll be happy. I also think Alex is under-rated by alot of the managers that have had him and Hiddink has showed he is actually quite good in the center with Terry.

Archived