The toilet seat press conference

awesome awesome thread best laughs ive had on here in ages i think the game's making us all into mentalists i too admit to giving individuals pep talks when they are having a dip in form and the odd teddy gets thrown out of the pram at half time when my boys are letting themselves and our fans down

champions league music and suits for finals!!!! priceless love it!! makes me wish i wasn't in charge of notts county i guess theres the paintpot trophy i'll go dig out my tie :D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha what a great post! It's hard not to laugh here at work :D ... I would love to see the FM06 post also...

For me, yes I have had some toilet seat press conferences - and also when I am out walking my dog hehe.. This happens especially because the ingame press conferences have become pretty boring now :p

I have to admit I have loved reading all these threads- brilliant and so funny! I'm glad I am not the only one!!!!

I personally do the press conferences in my head also when I am on the loo, in the shower and also when in bed! The ones before I go to bed tend to be longer 1-2-1 interviews with a reporter and not a conference, especially if I am about to start a new season! I always imagine I am on Soccer AM/Football Focus talking about aims for the season and new signings!

Love the champions league music idea before games - will do that in the future!

I always am shouting at the screen when we concede late on and can't resist a fit pump or 2 after an important win! How ainimated they are depends on whether my wife is sat next to me on not!

Keep them coming everyone!

Now the game is in 3D I have taken to using my chair as my seat in the dugout and gesticulating wildly at various players to get my point across - sometimes pausing the game to do so. Fortunately all this is done in the dead of night whilst my wife, kid and the neighbours are zonkered.

I'm like one of the commentaters on the sky sports fan thingy. When my team have the ball or score then my voice is happy, and if they tackle me or score my voice suddenly deepens and becomes angry, but I keep on commentating.

BTW: Champions League idea is brilliant... not so sure about the suit tho. Mind you I never play fooma(my name for fm) when im not dressed.

I get weird looks in college when I'm playing as I get so animated during the matches.

I got told to ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh today, cause I said Argentinian W**kers out loud, when new signing Zuculini siffered an injury in training and the international manager played him for 3 games until he got properly injured.

when subbing a player i tend to go 'well done lad' or 'nae luck' or if im in a cream puff i go 'good effort but your absolutely useless'

i do the 'touchline' orders and i got st johnstone to the challenge cup final so i put my saints top, scarf and jester hat on to roar them on to success :)

One bloke rang in and said he was playing as Everton and won the FA Cup or something, and he wanted his wife to interview him as David Moyes, with his mother-in-law playing Alan Stubbs...

I had visions of his mother-in-law sitting there dressed as Alan Stubbs lol made me laugh out loud, how surreal.

PS I don't go that far but i do the press conference in the head thing :o

Vocally telling my wingers to get at the opposing full-backs because their composure is low: Check

In match commentary: Check

Tactical discussions with my assistant: Check

Post match MOTD-like replay analysis: Check

In-head or/and out-loud interviews re. new signings, pre-/post match, player perfomances: Check

European cup music before big European matches: Check

Playing 'Duel of the Fates' before a title/promotion/relegation decider: Check

I really do get "in-depth"!! Sometimes I even mix up real life squads (I once swore blind that Dejan Stankovic had moved to AC Milan for £11 million). Nice to know I'm not the only one with a few screws loose!

I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. I find the best way to wake up of a morning, when I'm really struggling, is to do a little in-head FM press conference.

I await your mockery.

On more than one occasion I have been unable to sleep at night because I have been thinking about my current save :rolleyes:

When I manage a team abroad I regularly get invited back to my homecountry (belgium) to feature in talkshows with famous hosts. They ask me questions about individual players and upcoming transfers and then I have to bite my tongue, so I wouldn't upset any of my players. :s

On the toilet seat I usually have my board meetings where we evaluate the individual players and decide for which positions I need new players (young or immediately usable) and which players i can put on the transfer list.

I've read some crazy things here. Good to know some people are even worse then me :D

When I manage a team abroad I regularly get invited back to my homecountry (belgium) to feature in talkshows with famous hosts. They ask me questions about individual players and upcoming transfers and then I have to bite my tongue, so I wouldn't upset any of my players. :s

On the toilet seat I usually have my board meetings where we evaluate the individual players and decide for which positions I need new players (young or immediately usable) and which players i can put on the transfer list.

I've read some crazy things here. Good to know some people are even worse then me :D

This week I was watching the Liverpool Champions league game while playing my FM games.

Confused my housemate as they couldn't work why I shouted 'For gods sake! that's ridiculous' while the match was at halftime. I had to explain to her I was shouting at Super Mario... that confused her even more. Once fully explained it just provoked a big sigh and an almost condescending smile.

I spend my time at work pretending I'm on a featurette on Football Focus, we're hanging out shooting the breeze talking about how great I am...

Then a customer comes in and I slowly slip from my dream to the madness of the real world...

Reality really does blow...

• 3 weeks later...

i like to do my in-head interviews Jose Mourinho style...'Are you pleased with the 3-0 win over Man utd?'

'I'm fairly happy yes, i think that because i am the special one and i knew that the game would be won by the 52nd minute they never had a chance'

i also like a bit of a celebration after important goals....a run around the room....the occasional flip..... not to mention throwing things around when i get an unfair decision or lose a match i should have coasted....i once threw an ikea stool at my wall after losing CL final to liverpool after victor valdes scored an own goal from a free kick in the area....i like to keep the now broken stool near to my computer to remind that i really don't like losing, not to mention its very handy to throw again when i do inevitably lose with Huddersfield Town

I'm always being interviewed whilst I'm on the loo, in the bath, in bed and going to and from work. Nothing prepares you for the media intrusion!!!

I love the idea of the Champions League music - that's brilliant!

I wonder what the Johnstones Paint Trophy music is..

• 2 weeks later...
I tried getting the wife to interview me over my latest transfer signing...

Also, when I get there, I will still play the Champions League music before every CL game.

I want the champs league music! where did you get i from, although my reading squad are still in championship. In first season! top of league though!!!

Maybe you could upload the music :D

I commentate, as the 'bar' down the bottom is poor.

I clap when I score important goals.

I shout at the ref when he sends a player of mines of quickly.

I shout at the ref when he doesn't give a double yellow.

I shout at the linesman when he is 'blind'.

Apart from that, I don't do anything else... But the conference in my head is encouraging. =D

All the time, commentate on games to myself too... After a good win I usually clap the fans (the bookcase behind me). Anyone else shout instructions from the sidelines with 'typical manager poses'. Thank God for this thread, I know i'm not alone now.

LOL,,,youve got to clap the fans after a game,,i usually do it as im leaving the room to go to a press conference (or going for a dump in the bog). I do the interviews etc..in my head as i'm walking around aswell. I think its all part of the addiction to football manager i have.

Archived