Murrayzoster's Old Firm Take Them To The Top Of The World Challenge (FM 08)

The Background

Rangers and celtic have today completed there transfer to the english league. The only problem is they have to start at the lowest league possible. There bank balances have been wiped and will not compete in the champiopns league. There youth and training are set to 1 and have no youth academy. There reputation is 1000. The plus side is that staff and players will remain. How long will it take you to rise to the top?

The Aim

To take rangers or celtic from the Blue Square N/S to Premier League and Champions League glory.

The Rules

Load a game with the English and Scottish leagues only, with the Blue Square N/S selected, a large database (or smaller if preferred) and the attribute masking and the transfer boxes ticked. No additional players from any nation should be loaded. It should look like this.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/987/leaguesvz5.jpg

Add a new manager, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible.

You Can Choose Any Nationality You Want.

It is now up to you to manage this club all the way to the Premier League title and UEFA Champions League crown.

If you are sacked you must then wait to the end of the season to retake over the club. You must then again start with the lowest past experiance.

Can You Complete The Challenge?

(This is based on the dafuge challenge)

http://rapidshare.com/files/78214228/Old_Firm_Sign_Up_Challenge.rar.html

• 3 weeks later...

The Old Firm are two hugely supported clubs, surely common sense would say that pretty much anything that can be done with them has been at some point.

And I find capital letters at the start of each word more annoying than text speak. That's how that works.

Originally posted by Terk:

The Old Firm are two hugely supported clubs, surely common sense would say that pretty much anything that can be done with them has been at some point.

I could understand the annoyance if someone had gone into your forum and started a thread that was blatantly purposefully ripping off someone else's idea that was clearly visible, but people in here are probably oblivious to what happened in FM Stories years ago. I know I am.

Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

Obvisley a know that. I am a Rangers Fan.

A cant be bothered arguing because a know am right

Rigth i know i am not right but all i was trying to do was create a challenge which people might be interested in.

Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

Obvisley a know that. I am a Rangers Fan.

A cant be bothered arguing because a know am right

Rigth i know i am not right but all i was trying to do was create a challenge which people might be interested in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, if they are criticising you on your use of the English language you are not doing yourself any favours by arguing back.

im interested mate, but doing Gundos ATM, so once i complete im going to try but make it a bit harder by REMOVING all current OF players, this way my side will be similar to the other conference N/S sides and make the challenge that bit harder! this ok?

Originally posted by dafuge:

What is it like, do all the players want to leave?

No but they say they are willing to leave to help the club clear debts.

I have had to sell Ferguson and Hemdani for 75k each just to keep me aflot which i wasnt very happy about

Guest Celticfan383

I will try this with the new signings (and sellings) are done, if you update it, of course!

Koki Mizuno -> Celtic

Geogios Samaras -> Celtic (loan)

Ben Hutchinson -> Celtic (pre-contract - summer 2008)

Teddy Bjarnason - Celtic -> Lyn Oslo

Hope that helps, Mizuno has the number 29 too, supposedly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived