Will many people switch to playing Live when it comes out or will they stick to FM2008?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kain:

I shall be sticking with FM07. FM Live doesn't interest me at all, as I'm anti-social and dislike other people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not sure as I haven't looked it up yet, but I would hope that SI offers the ability to create custome leagues, where we can have leagues of people who we either know or have met/will meet online. This way it's easier to be comfortable in a game, safe in the knowledge that we at least to some extent, know who we're playing against.

I'm fed up of online gaming where people ruin it for everyone else because they are only out to win and their entire enjoyment comes from winning rather than having fun playing with other like minded people.

Perhaps cup matches where we could organise tournaments on the forum with our favourite online friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are able to create custom leagues / cups with your friends. These can be private or public. They are even seasonal so once it ends you can start it again / change format etc.

I'm looking forward to checking out the demo / trial as I never condemn something until I try it. However, I'm not a fan of paying game subscriptions, so it will have to be a hell of a lot of fun for me to go down that road.

I play online FPS's from time to time, so I can advise anyone that hasn't done any online gaming this: it can be a lot of fun but if you are on a server with, what you suspect are cheats, then just disconnect and move to another server. Why bother wating your time and patience!

I'm looking forward to checking out the demo / trial as I never condemn something until I try it. However, I'm not a fan of paying game subscriptions, so it will have to be a hell of a lot of fun for me to go down that road.

I play online FPS's from time to time, so I can advise anyone that hasn't done any online gaming this: it can be a lot of fun but if you are on a server with, what you suspect are cheats, then just disconnect and move to another server. Why bother wating your time and patience!

I'll certainly take a peek at it.

My biggest worry as has been mentioned before in this thread is the other folk playing it. Having played on line games for about 10 years now I've seen many many examples of people who get their kicks spoiling others enjoyment. I've seen just as many promises from game designers who have a "foolproof" way of stopping it. Having said that, until it is released, I will try and remain optimistic icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ov Collyer:

If anything, the fact we're using the same ME in FML is helping tune it for FM too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome back- I think I can speak for many that we're thankful for Paul and yourself in giving us a management simulation that is at heart geared towards the fans.

Regardless of this, and with the greatest of respect I dont think using the match engine as an example of why FML will benefit FM is best advised, this is just by going on the match engine that was given "out of the box", let alone the disappointment of the 8.01 update.

I can see why constant development of the match engine in FML can help the core FM, but so far the results have been less than impressive.

Fingers crossed for 8.02.

Also re FMLive.

I was included in the initial beta, and although fun it wasnt the FM Online I envisaged and hoped for- in that it was basically FM but online, and not needing the kind of work it takes to keep an FM0x league going.

Impressed by the implementation though (and this from a very early build), just not for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It reminds me of when we made the very first CM back in 1992 - people were just as wary of something new/being done a little differently then too. "What's the strange program with numbers and bright colours filling the screen?" "What do you mean you can't even see the action!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about all the other management games that had numbers and no action before it? icon_razz.gif

The thing that worries me about this game is how the competitions are set up. It all sounds good in theory, setting up timed leagues etc but I can just see it being a total mess as people drop out/get bored, someone goes on holiday, someone doesn't play. You'll be playing the computer half the time I reckon.

Also FM online is just ripe for idiots, supertactics, cheating and no matter how it is set up the gap betwen those who play loads and those who don't will most likely ruin it for me.

This is very pessimistic though, it could be great..I will be buying it.

Not even buying FM live.

If SI can't be bothered maintaining their usual excellent support on thee forums then £20 isn't coming out of my pocket that's for sure.

I've bought the game since CM2 but to be honest if the only time SI bother conversing with the public is when they are about to release a new game (note suddenly an x-box version is available) then I can't be bothered either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeke:

Hattrick will have to do. I have been a member there since 2002.

So, No FML. Takes too much time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know? Are you a tester

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Regardless of this, and with the greatest of respect I dont think using the match engine as an example of why FML will benefit FM is best advised, this is just by going on the match engine that was given "out of the box", let alone the disappointment of the 8.01 update. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Longer term with x amount of matches taking place on FM Live each day we get a lot of matches played that can be analysed and people can easily report any issues they might have had in a particular match and we've already got all the data we need to go in and see if there is a potential problem and fix it if necessary.

This will then benefit the match engine in FM as they are both using the same match engine system so something fixed in one game will automatically benefit the other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">However, the one thing that does not appeal to me with FM Live is that the players are all fake etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think a lot of people are getting confused about FML as the players in the game are certainly not fake.

Archived