Help With Fernando Torres

spineles

Hiya just seeing if you guys could help me get the best from Fernanado Torres. Im into December no in my first season and Torres has 1 goal to his name and an average of 5.8. I usually play him as a lone striker with kuyt and babel/riera on the wings. Some games ive also tried Torres and Keane along side each other, still no luck ive even tried bringing him off the bench to have an impact but nothing?

Before every game i say i have faith in him, and release press releases saying his form is acceptable to give him my support, i to have tried to tinker with my tactics on match day but nothing?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Its strange that Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9, is struggling with goals! One thing that springs to mind for me is to check his preferred moves! In my opinion, as he is a bit nippy, i would try and get him to play on the shoulder of the last defender! If you could tell us if he is creating chances or what type of chances he is missing i may be able to help further.

I like to think im a strking guru lol ;)

Couldnt tell you exactly as im at work at the mo, he seems to miss a lot of one on ones. Ive tried to alter his tactics so he passes short, all out attack, crosses rarely.

I wouldnt now about his prefered moves as i havent looked as i seem to remeber reading on here that FM2009 doesnt have this facility this season?

If you click on Torres' profile, then on the left where it says positions it should tell you there! Torres likes to move into channels, and lob the keeper. I cant belive his finishing is only 16! WTF!

Try setting his instructions to :-

Run with ball - often

forward runs - often

Then, play him with Ryan Babel up front and set his instructions to :-

Through balls - often and give a bit of creative freedom.

From Torres' stats, he should be good at one on ones, but you can always ask him to learn some more preferred moves!

Give it more than one game for it to work though! I struggled too so was changing my strikers around every game near enough which means they cant get into a rhythm. Let me know if it works

Archived