Playing FM at work

Getting away with it is my new mission... and flaunting it the open is not an option... needs to be on the sly.

I can't seem to reduce the FM window to a small enough size to get away with it... Still takes up roughly 3/4s of my small laptop's monitor.

Any suggestions?

I have ~8 hours to fill each day (literally no work to do with pending redundancy) and can only fill up a couple looking and applying for new jobs, while I've been surfing the internet for 3 years and have had enough of that ;)

Similarly, what about skins?

Have a look at this nifty gadget, it's a program that when you press a hotkey it makes the application dissapear from the taskbar until you press another hotkey for the application to come back. It's called AceHide Free, and let me tell you, it's saved my butt about 50 times at school when I'm doing something (like FM) that I shouldn't be!

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/AceHide-Free.shtml

I recommend that you try the program at home first, because if your computer isn't fast enough, then it might take a while for it to hide, and you don't want that when the boss comes in! Good luck, and if you need any more help please just post here again.

Thanks Danny, that is pretty cool.

However in this case the task bar presence is not the problem. Moreso the fact that the FM window cannot be reduced to a small enough size so that it is less obvious on my monitor.

Alt-Tab isn't really an option because my monitor is fairly visible to many (and near an entrance), so I'm more interested in trying to conceal what I'm doing all of the time so that I can keep doing it.

Archived