Bad form...

So, how's everybody faired long term. What enourmous dips in form have you had.

This thought has come about due to a recent collapse in form. Well, not really collapse, but I'm sitting 8th when I'm aiming for around 2nd or 1st.

It figures doesn't it... The board finally give me some money and the team turns to crap. Last season they were banging 'em in, now ~£30 mil later we're struggling against the likes of Wigan again. It's most definitely because I signed some 7 odd players. It serves me right for buying an 18 year old keeper, he's been dropped now... He's literally crying about missing his mommy...

The most annoying part of it is that the issue is more about missing chances rather than creating them. Missed 3 out of 4 penalties. Hit the post around twice to 3 times a match. Blazing shots where they should have been calmly slotted home. Oh well, time and good selection will fix this eventually.

So, as above, how's everybody else been fairing.

As I've just typed, Miguel Veloso just hammered home a late goal in a 2-0 victory over Tottenham... This looks promising!

So, how's everybody faired long term. What enourmous dips in form have you had.

This thought has come about due to a recent collapse in form. Well, not really collapse, but I'm sitting 8th when I'm aiming for around 2nd or 1st.

It figures doesn't it... The board finally give me some money and the team turns to crap. Last season they were banging 'em in, now ~£30 mil later we're struggling against the likes of Wigan again. It's most definitely because I signed some 7 odd players. It serves me right for buying an 18 year old keeper, he's been dropped now... He's literally crying about missing his mommy...

The most annoying part of it is that the issue is more about missing chances rather than creating them. Missed 3 out of 4 penalties. Hit the post around twice to 3 times a match. Blazing shots where they should have been calmly slotted home. Oh well, time and good selection will fix this eventually.

So, as above, how's everybody else been fairing.

Playing as Sheffield Wedensday, I sold all there players and brought in over 20 players and a new assitant manager. 10 games in no wins a few draws and rest loses, disaster but were starting to pick up some form, 4 or 5 wins in the last 8 games. Hopefully next season I'll only have to sign a couple new players so we won't start so poorly!

Playing as a semi-pro Swedish team. After taking them from the 2nd divison through to the Prem in about 5 seasons, I'm in my 2nd season now and have played 10, lost 9, drawn 1.....

To put things in perspective, my team averages 700 a game throughout last season. The top team, AIK, average over 30000 a game. I'm worth £230K. No other team in the league is worth less than £1million. AIK are worth over £30million.

Challenging is not the word for this....managed to keep them up last year after being 1000-1 to win the league, but every home game is like an away game because of my low attendances. I can't sign any quality players and my players have very few top stats....Very challenging...

Some Guy what team are you playing as!?

I've just finshed first season with Madrid............. 2nd in the league behind Barca (6pts behind), Away from home unbeaten all season but home forn not as good, clearly not happy about playing infront of our own fans! Knocked out of Champions League by Barca (4-2 on agg) and beaten in the Spanish Cup Final by...............Barca!!!! I hate em!! It was Messi who did the damage despite me man marking him, tackling him hard and closing him down!!!

Looking forward to second season now and getting some revenge.......David Silva has just arrived from Valencia for a small 38mil!! Happy Days!!

Some Guy what team are you playing as!?

I've just finshed first season with Madrid............. 2nd in the league behind Barca (6pts behind), Away from home unbeaten all season but home forn not as good, clearly not happy about playing infront of our own fans! Knocked out of Champions League by Barca (4-2 on agg) and beaten in the Spanish Cup Final by...............Barca!!!! I hate em!! It was Messi who did the damage despite me man marking him, tackling him hard and closing him down!!!

Looking forward to second season now and getting some revenge.......David Silva has just arrived from Valencia for a small 38mil!! Happy Days!!

Okay, short back story.

Derby, into the 4th season now.

1st season: Given £3 mil to spend. Came first in the Championship with 96 points. Knocked out of both cups fairly early.

2nd season: Given a full £850k to spend on making Derby a Premier League side. Came 12th in the end and won the FA cup and in doing so qualified for the UEFA Cup.

3rd season: Given £5 million to spend on making the side make the top 8 odd. Came 2nd (10 points odd behind Arsenal) and won the UEFA Cup.

4th season: Given ~£25 mil to spend, £30 mil after adjusting the budget and offloading some useless players. Sitting 7th at the moment, in the group stage of the Champions League, still in the Carling Cup and yet to play in the FA cup. Won the European Super Cup.

Playing as Sheffield Wedensday, I sold all there players and brought in over 20 players and a new assitant manager. 10 games in no wins a few draws and rest loses, disaster but were starting to pick up some form, 4 or 5 wins in the last 8 games. Hopefully next season I'll only have to sign a couple new players so we won't start so poorly!

How on earth have you managed to sell every player. I can't even sell one of mine even though they are transfer listed!

Archived