New Ingame FMScout09 v0.8 Beta

immuner

OK, continuing from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=72074 to here:

Ingame FMScout09 is a real-time scouting (plus editing) utility for Sports Interactive's Football Manager 2009. It allows users to search within the current game database to see certain information about a number of entities such as player and staff. The scout can query the database using a number of different arguments and can display in a view or in a profile page various kind of information about the current entity.

Current Version:

18-01-2009

Immuner's FMScout09 v1.2

Current Features:

- Search for players and staff by using all their attributes and other information such as CA, PA, Club, Position, Name, Value, Wage, Nationality, etc.

- Search for national teams and clubs

- MiniScout for quickly viewing hidden information

- View a profile page for your desired player or staff with all their currently available information

- Editing support

- See the active player you currently viewing on your FM

- Customize the columns you want to see after your search

- Different currencies, height and weight available

- Color encoding for players (green - free, loan - blue, co-contract -red) and staff (green - free)

- Buttons to quickly find wonderkids and wonderstaff

- Import multiple shortlists from slf and csv

- Export shortlists to slf, csv and txt

- Theme support

- Localization support

NSTRUCTIONS:

* Run Football Manager 2009 with Patch 9.1.0 or 9.2.0 patch installed (maybe 9.0.0 too).

* Run the scout or miniscout and click Load (game will be loaded when you have FM2009 up and running).

* ALT + TAB to the desktop and use the scout.

If all done properly, the fields should get enabled. You can reload as many times as you wish.

Don't try to run the scout from within the archive (zip). Make sure to extract the contents of the downloaded file first, otherwise it will trigger an error.

LOCALIZATION:

* Open the English.lng in the Languages folder and translate it. Then rename it to the new language and mail it to me.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC

I am not sure if this will work but you can try:

1. http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/darwine/

Based on DrBernhard's Ingame Framework in SIGames forums. Thank you DrBernhard.

REQUIREMENTS:

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1

Football Manager 9.1.0 and 9.2.0 (maybe 9.0.0 too)

NOTE:

- To see all our own players leave sale value to zero, it will also search for players with sale value -1 (your own for example)

- The features that edit the game (such as the heal button) are absolutely at your own risk! Make sure you keep a copy of your saved game before you attempt to edit anything!

scoutqk6.th.jpg

Current version:

V1.2

Some older versions here in case you have issues with a newer one:

V1.1

V1.0

V0.99

V0.98

V0.96

V0.95

OK official (or something like it) scout's webpage is http://www.kostasvardis.com/portfolio.php5?id=4

If you wish to donate as a thank you for the effort put to this project, please go to the above link.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look at Cardozo and his value is £8.75m and the Scout editor says his sell value is £8.5m, which got rejected. Also had a bid of £10.5m rejected. Ochoa's (GK) value is £3.6m, sell value in scout says £3.7m, again rejected. Also an offer of £10m rejected. Van der Sar's value is £1.2m and in FMS it says his sell value is £5.3m... Which got accepted. So I tried lower and it went down to £4m with bids still getting accepted. So it seems like there is something not quite right yet.

Just reporting back what i've noticed, other than that all looks well and good!

Thanks for the feedback. There are still some bugs with the framework too (it's great work but quite new) and there's not much i can do about that. Examples are the player wages, the contract expiry dates and the staff role abilities which are all the same and they all seem to be assistant managers and goalkeepers. There are probably some bugs in my code and I can definetely fix those.

Just a quick thought try and offer more money than the sale value because if you make a lower offer there is always the case the value changes. I dunno how the new FM behaves, maybe then you have to reload FM to the scout.

Anyways i'll see it tomorrow off to bed now guys. Good luck with the game!

Well. I've not tried very much yet, but one thing I find pretty odd here...

I'm playing with Vallentuna (Swedish 2nd Division NS). I've tried to search on my players and all that... But I can't find them.

Only three players appear if I search on club; all three some juniors.

I made a search on, for example, Belize as nation as I got a bunch of players from there... It showed alot of players I recognized, since I had considered buying most of them... But all in my own club... Were nowhere to be found. :S

I have players from Belize, Sweden, Ecudaor, Congo and Paraguay... None of them regens (I'm on first season). None of them can be found by this scout? o.O

I have value at standard (0 to 1000000000 something), age at 0-99, CA and PA at 1-200... No positions marked. Yet it finds nothing. Is it supposed to be like that or is something wrong? :S

Could also mention that anytime I search for players on the PA-field, in the list there's a bunch top hits blank. There's no name in the fields.

If it's any help, some random names of those players that don't show properly in the list is (all of them have Free Player i Clubs-list btw, and Nations-field is also blank):

Mark Nolan, 18yo, Rep. of Ireland

Simon Dunne, 18yo, Rep. of Ireland

Dimitri Van Oppens, 22yo, Belgium

Mattéo Zecchini, 22yo, Belgium

Patrik Wallin, 19yo, Sweden

Danijel Ciglar, 22yo, Croatia

Juraj Grizelj, 22yo, Croatia

Enea Koliqi, 22yo, Albania

Krzysztof Karpiuk, 22yo, Poland

Håvard Storbaæk, 22yo, Norway

Jung-Hoon Kim, 22yo, South Korea

Paolo Bellucci, 22yo, Italy

Theo Dams, 22yo, Holland

Ruud Jong, 21yo, Holland

Total of 41 blank players, of which those above had a name in Player Profile and the rest was blank in there too. Nations also showed in Player Profile.

Edit: Right, seems like most of those appear properly in the list too, so like... Is there some bug causing those doubled blanks or what? :)

Best scout out yet.

However seems to miss out some players-only really shows players i originally had, not new signings

Free players dont show their name.

Would be helpful to add commers in the value column to show the price better e.g. 1,000,000 easier to see than 1000000

keep it up anyways and good job

Well. I've not tried very much yet, but one thing I find pretty odd here...

I'm playing with Vallentuna (Swedish 2nd Division NS). I've tried to search on my players and all that... But I can't find them.

Only three players appear if I search on club; all three some juniors.

I made a search on, for example, Belize as nation as I got a bunch of players from there... It showed alot of players I recognized, since I had considered buying most of them... But all in my own club... Were nowhere to be found. :S

I have players from Belize, Sweden, Ecudaor, Congo and Paraguay... None of them regens (I'm on first season). None of them can be found by this scout? o.O

I have value at standard (0 to 1000000000 something), age at 0-99, CA and PA at 1-200... No positions marked. Yet it finds nothing. Is it supposed to be like that or is something wrong? :S

Try putting an transfer value to your player,then it will show all of them.

Just several quick bugfixes. I would wait, but i find some of them (especially the sorting and the own players bug) important.

V0.9

01-12-2008

Immuner's FMScout09 v0.9 Beta

Changelist

Added Features

- Added game date information to know where you are when you reload the game

Changes - bugfixes

- Fixed bug whereplayers with no name where getting displayed

- Changed size in rows

- Fixed bug where selecting a row that is sorted would result in wrong entity profile

- Fixed big where own players could not be shown

- Changed layout a bit

- Fixed bug where some dates where displayed wrong

Link

To see all our own players leave sale value to zero, it will also search for players with sale value -1 (your own for example)

To Jirki88 and rest of the people here, post any error information you can. It is always better than saying this doesn't work. It's a new effort so bugs are expected and only from your use you can find them :). Some of them I found by looking at the code and going....hey wtf is that? :)

Good job mate

Fantastic utility.

Do you know how hard it would be to implement the "show potential attributes" button like in Genie's scout, or a current positional rating and potential rating?? And do you plan on doing so??

Its really the only thing we need now...

Thanks man. That would take some time but bear in mind that this is really a guess. How a player will evolve depends on his position, your coaching, the game's AI, luck :) and several other factors. I could give it a shot, but I think it's more a tool that makes you think that your stats will go there rather than them actually going there.

What i was doing on previous fm's was that i would see a players PA and his current attributes. According to the position you could tell which of these could go up. I think that's what i could do.

As for the rating, you mean showing positions by percentage?

Next thing is to be able to load/save shortlists and customize columns. Then i can have a look at the things you mentioned.

Thanks again.

Yes but i actually play with a lot of leagues, and every year i get over 50 newgens with high PAs (180)

Problem is some of them, even when reaching their PA, are just rubbish. I've been taking care of a 15 years old striker for the last 5 years , his PA is 199 and right at the beginning FMrte told me his potential ratings were 66%,which is weak. Even tough he has now reached his full PA he's worse than some player with a PA of 140.

So that's why i think it would be interesting to have a rating of the player

I dont think this data will be available in game as so many different factors are taken into account such as training facility, coach stats, training regimes etc... I think the only way it could be achieved is by intelligent guess work, could be a pain in the ass of algorithm.

Sure, but in order to give a potential rating for a player you have no idea regarding his future training information, etc. So it would be a complete guess based on his current attributes and position. I guess based on his workrate, flair and some mental attributes you could make something out, but it would still be a big guess. That is true though, there are thousand of players in the world with fantastic talent, but never do something extraordinary.

dudubrdx, could it be that you did bad coaching or that the player's workrate is very low?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel beware that contract expiry does not work for players because the number that is retrieved from DrBernhard's framework is buggy.

Well mate, I assume then that this data is available in the game rather than being calculated outside of it. In that case i will have a look to see if this information is available for me to extract.

Its not available in the game. Its a made up stat that came from Genie Scout I believe.

Well when it comes to mac, I don't think it will run under darwine. Mainly because it uses .net 3.5 if I'm not wrong, and mono don't fully support apps written for .net 3.5 only up to 2.0. If you'd like to create apps running under windows, linux, mac os and free bsd take a look at mono project http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Take a quick shoot with http://mono-project.com/MoMA maybe porting scout will not be big a hustle.

this is a very useful tool. I mainly use it to look at my own players and staff as i think you would no more about their personalities then what the game gives you.

The one problem i have is looking staff. i can't look at my staff and when you try and do a search on all the staff, it only shows assistant managers

Umberto sorry man there's too many posts. I fixed this bug on v0.9 but I dont know why it doesnt show the youth team.

Guys to load the game you need to have a fm2009 game running and in order to run the scout you need .NET Framework SP1.

I am aware of the assistant managers problem, it is a bug with the framework.

I am also aware of the own staff problem but I haven't fixed it yet. I will try and have a look today and tomorrow.

Ill put some tips at the top for running the scout.

slb i would be glad to do it but this is done on DrBernhard's framework. If the game is exactly the same, the i guess it is possible. I'll have a look.

Archived