You Know You've Played Football Manager Too Much When...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you dislike a player in real life simply because he wouldn't sign for you on Football Manager.

LOL, agreed!

When you mishear your mrs saying "reports" as she is marking them (primary school teacher!) and replying "those reports are absolute rubbish, i've never even heard of ...." then silence from both of us as she looks at me like im some weirdo!

I also know when ive played FM too much when I start clapping my players when they do nice moves and go like " YOU ARE THE BEST MAN YOU ARE THE BEST ! i love youuu ! " too much love for a player from a manager... might get called ... something by the fans *serious look*

Post here to let us know when you know you've played the game too much.

I know when ive played FM too much when I start trying to tell the players what to do, by actually using words, when they cant hear me.

The obvious one is when you can't remember what transfers are real and what ones happened in the game. I keep forgetting Chris Eagles is at Burnley and not Birmingham.
When you are start shouting to the TV when Ajax plays to the ajax coach to buy player x, because he is good in a FM4-3-2-1 tactic when playing with ajax.
When you dislike a player in real life simply because he wouldn't sign for you on Football Manager.
When you dream about tactics and formation in your sleep...
I also know when ive played FM too much when I start clapping my players when they do nice moves and go like " YOU ARE THE BEST MAN YOU ARE THE BEST ! i love youuu ! " too much love for a player from a manager... might get called ... something by the fans *serious look*

all of the above are classic totally agree! they happen to the best of uis but, you can never play too much fm surely?

another one is when you go and watch your team play with a frend and spend the whole match going 'he should be playing here or there or doing so n so'

i think the general line between life and fm blurring!

You know you've played too much when, you sit in the pub with your mate describing the pro's and cons of Sergio Aguero even though you've only ever seen him play once IRL.

This one happend to me last night. During an Arsenal Vs Sunderland game I got a penalty. Van Persie wasn't playing so Adebayor stepped up to take the pen. I remembered that the last one he took (1 and half seasons ago) he missed and shouted out loud "you better f**king score this one". He duly delivered and got a massive "GET IN" from me.

You know when you've played FM too much when:

<*> Clubs/Players you had never really heard of before become one of your favourites.

<*> You start editing competitions to put non-playable teams in to use then going on ebay to find some supporters apparel.

<*> You have a notebook with your squad listed (with position specific stats) and think of possible combinations, transfers, formations & Tactics that could help in you're upcoming season.

and the extreme:

<*> Your GF locks you out of the house and threatens to call the police & all you want to do is finish this season...(Purely Hypothetical of course)

You've played FM too much when...

• you say that you can do better than (insert football club manager here) because you had more success than him in FM
  • you dream about players in your sleep
  • you think about FM tactics and good players in the shower :p
  • going crazy over an obscure team you've managed in FM (I think I'm Rizhiquan Number 1 Foreign Fan :D)
  • saying that Chelsea are crap, and they got relegated in 2018, when your mates remind you it's still 2008...
  • when you consider a math question complete after 4-4-2...

That's all from me for now! :D

when rafinha becomes ur favourite player after he scores a 94th minute winner in front of ur home fans by running the full end of the pitch, gets on the receiving end of a cross, volleys a delicate chip over Allan Mcgregor from a tight angle, to give u a 2-2 away goal aggregate win over Rangers in the UEFA Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round....

The worst is when you see a game report from the team you're currently playing, and you're all confused because they are playing three old guys you ditched. Or worse, one of the old guys gets player of the month and all you can think is "WHY? ALL HE DOES IS GET 6'S.."

you know you have played fm09 too much when you are a train driver and you forget to stop at a train station to let your passengers get off because you were thinking about tactics, and then all the passengers have got to get the next train in the following platform to get back.

bad news indeed.

Archived