I've never used the Data Editor and i need to know the basics.

kingkyle

Firstly, i just want to say i've done a search and failed to find any specific thread relating to my problems that were resolved for the FM08 system. I'm not saying there aren't any threads, but i just couldn't find them. If anyone finds one, and sees that it anwsers my questions, then a link would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, as for my questions, well like i said, i just need to learn the basics.

I've been using FM for a few years now, but i've never used the Data Editor until today. I'm using FM08 (as FM09 had a lot of problems) and i've changed a few small things here and there, but i don't know how to activate those changes onto the actual game. What i've tried was going into Preferences/General and then changing my "User Data Folder" to the one that i had saved in the Data Editor. But after trying this, i've noticed that the mistakes in the game still remain. For example the teams stadium that i am using is still listed incorrectly, and of the 10+ friendlies that i had updated for the coming year, only one is listed.

Other problems that i had updated, such as tournament winners listed incorrectly, and on the wrong dates, have been fixed, but why is it that not all my updated are visable? Am i doing something wrong?

If anyone could just give me a quick guide as to how to install the saved data into the game it would be great. And any extra info for beginners using DE would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Edit**

Two more questions that i have forgot to ask are; what does it mean when a playes potential is -9, -8, -7 etc.? I assume this is only for younger players, right? But what does it mean? Does a lower number (-9 over -8) mean that the player has greater potential?

Also, is there any way to create youth players and place them in a team? There are a few players missing from my national team, and they are juniors at European clubs, so they are not listed in the first team. Can i add them to a junior side? Or list them in the senior team as a junior?

Archived