Unrealistic AI squad numbers

tkis

Can't say this is a bug in a strict sense, but I just took a look at Bayern Munich squad numbers in my second season:

It seems that they took no. 9 from Lewandowski and gave it to Zirkzee, also Muller switched from his no. 25 to no. 16 for whatever reason. Last thing I saw, they bought Ousmane Dembele and gave him no. 3 which is literally never given to players other than defenders.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 19.43.11.png

This is something that also already happened in FM20. Not a bug, but very unrealistic.

I also always noticed when e.g. playing against Bayern that after the first season they always took away Lewandowskis squad number and gave it to Zirkzee. I think in the example of Lewandowski this is because Zirkzee's preferred squad number is the 9. This is a nice feature that preferred squad numbers are considered by the AI, however I think this should be based on reputation. If a world class player comes to a new club it's realistic that he gets his preferred squad number, but it shouldn't be taken away from someone like Lewandowski for Zirkzee. Especially because Lewandowski also has #9 as his preferred squad number.

Just an example, this also happens to other players than Lewandowski after the first season. Would be great if this could be fixed :)

20 hours ago, tkis said:

Can't say this is a bug in a strict sense, but I just took a look at Bayern Munich squad numbers in my second season:

It seems that they took no. 9 from Lewandowski and gave it to Zirkzee, also Muller switched from his no. 25 to no. 16 for whatever reason. Last thing I saw, they bought Ousmane Dembele and gave him no. 3 which is literally never given to players other than defenders.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 19.43.11.png

Do you know any issue surrounding squad numbers only going up to number 40 in the Bundesliga? I am Schalke and I can't go over number 40 and I have 2 new players who's preferred numbers are 43 and 45. 

11 minutes ago, ITFC_Blue said:

Do you know any issue surrounding squad numbers only going up to number 40 in the Bundesliga? I am Schalke and I can't go over number 40 and I have 2 new players who's preferred numbers are 43 and 45. 

If you register 40 players with numbers, then you can go over 40. I think that's also likes this in real life. So just give some youth players squad numbers and then you'll be able to also use 43 and 45.

29 minutes ago, ThomasK said:

If you register 40 players with numbers, then you can go over 40. I think that's also likes this in real life. So just give some youth players squad numbers and then you'll be able to also use 43 and 45.

I thought I had tried that, but maybe I got it wrong. I will try again when it's due next season. Cheers. 

No pressure here, but just out of interest: Is this being looked at?

Squad numbers are only a small detail of the game, but I think for many people very important. Especially because they also can't be changed with the in game editor.

Thanks!