Football manager xbox edition

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Bigboss90 said:

Doesn't seem to be team talks available in football manager  on xbox edition bit bizarre 

Football Manager Touch doesn't have team-talks.

(I do mine in my head, normally they involve a lot of swearing and kicked water bottles ..)

Its been like that for years in FM Touch. The whole point of FM Touch was to make the game more accessible to people who find all the additions in the 'full fat' version daunting and overwhelming and prefer the simpler times of CM01/02 etc.

Whilst you cant do team talks  you can do 'shouts' from the touchline during a match, either to individual players (by clicking on the player icon at the bottom) or the whole team with the shouts button.

10 hours ago, jono_867 said:

Hello, Im not sure this is the correct place.  is it possible to start a game on the pc with a edited database and continue on the xbox? 

I was wondering the same. Just started in Brazil and there are absolutely no team names, just 3 letter words. I know its probably a licensing thing, but can we at least have a real team name fix if not an editor? Also would be great to have access to all the custkm databases. Great effort though SI.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with this argument is that there are plenty of people who have an Xbox but would like a fuller version of the game. Not al console users are daunted by these features, and I'm pretty sure an Xbox could handle them. Is there any player interaction at all e.g. meetings to praise them etc? I feel like I'm hampered as to how I can alter things on the pitch. The same goes for training.

Btw I do enjoy the game, but things like this do get me down a bit. 

Its nothing to do with the Xbox, its everything to do with this being the 'Touch' version and since its inception, it has never had team talks. 

You have:

Football Manager - the complete game with all the bells and whistles

Football Manager Touch (inc Xbox Edition) - same match engine just with a lot of the feature creep removed. Those of us that played Championship Manager and the first few Football Manager games from SI and prefer the more streamlined approach to the game are catered for with the Touch version

Football Manager Mobile - stripped back even further than Touch, for Android/iOS devices with screens below 8in