Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition *Official* Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, ALennon25 said:

Sure. Sorry if I'm being dumb (likely) but where can I find the bugs forum? 

Edit: I definitely was being dumb. Found it now so you can ignore me!

I was being dumb too, don't worry.

Edit: to the comment about National Managemnat, I unlocked it in-game and can now start as a national manager.

Edited by LuckyConquerer2

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand this is based on the touch game but with the sheer power of the consoles I really do miss the immersion of the little things like press conferences and team talks! Is there any chance of this being included?

Hi, Can anyone tell me is it possible to change the colours of the attributes on the player profile page? I find it hard to notice the difference of a good and very good attribute. They look the exact same colour and shade of blue. On the full PC version I usually make anything over 15 a bright green for really good for instance.

Not going to lie guys, bought the game, installed the game, played the game, realised its very fiddly to play on xbox and the pc version is uncustomisable (unable to skin the game or add faces etc) , uninstalled the game, Bought steam version instead. Shame because i've been super excited for the xbox version and i guess i

forgot how the old 360 versions of FM used to feel! maybe all the customisation on steam has spoiled me! :)

Edited by JamesLocke

15 hours ago, donpawley said:

Match engine is wonderful and the speed on the Series X is excellent in processing and set up. 10 countries at the lowest league level and it only took a few minutes to get going. Very impressive!

Loving the player ratings and morale on the match screen. Great to see I can shout out encouragement now from the touch line.

I am not enjoying the controller and the UI is going to take some getting used to. I had no problems with the switch controls but really struggling with the Xbox. Some user sensitivity sliders on the pointer would really help the experience.

The tactic screen is my biggest issue and has taken some enjoyment out over iPad touch. I can no longer see if my players are suited to the role on the pitch without entering several other screens. This is very cumbersome due to the controller and setting up and adjusting for match day is a faff. Interesting that the iPad touch version still has the same tactic screen as 2020 so I hope it is just I don’t know how to switch the view over?

Great first effort on the Xbox but room for improvement on interface and controls I am afraid to say.

Great start for first management game in years,  only can get better 👍 

2 hours ago, FitzyBhoy said:

Hi, Can anyone tell me is it possible to change the colours of the attributes on the player profile page? I find it hard to notice the difference of a good and very good attribute. They look the exact same colour and shade of blue. On the full PC version I usually make anything over 15 a bright green for really good for instance.

unfortunately you cant on the xbox or windows 10 versions of the game, or at least after an hour of searching i couldn't find a way! 

- easier way to find players position fit. In past games I can see it right on the tactics menu, but for the xbox version seems I have to click through multiple optons 

- easier way to have players still be a part of senior squad but being able to play with U23 to get match fitness

- Press conference and pep talk like pc version would be nice too

Agree with the other comments about the controller and cursor speed. I've tried to use the non-cursor navigation but frequently find myself not knowing how to do what I want to and so use cursor mode most often.

The tactics screen is definitely amongst the most confusing - but so is the squad screen. Without using cursor mode I couldn't even work out how to change my starting 11 from the squad screen, or how to make a substitution during a game.

Admittedly I've not played much so far so I may yet figure things out, but it's definitely not intuitive for a novice at the moment.

Is it possible to add touch screen controls for remote play or is this only available for games in Game Pass? To be honest I was perfectly happy with the tablet version of the game, but wanted to play online with my brother (not supported on tablet) so went for the Xbox version with the intention of using remote play on my iPad. This does work but would be great if it was somehow possible to add touch screen controls further down the line.

1 hour ago, Hunterlufc said:

Are you able to request new affiliate clubs on the Xbox version? Can see a section which shows affiliated clubs but new option to request a new one and no option under board requests. Any ideas?

I don't have the Xbox version but if FMT is anything to go by, then no, you can't request affiliations. The board will set up affiliations on their own though.

Please let us to use original UI. And please make it based on PC version. New XBOXes are powerful enough to run the full version. And of course please add native mouse support.

On the other hand you should find a solution to use pre game editor and also for unofficial additions like kits, logos etc. 

Still can’t get into it, personally. I absolutely love how fast it is, and the match engine seems great, but the interface is just so fiddly and laboured. I’ve mentioned the cursor speed before, but do you think this is something that could possibly be changed via a patch?

As it stands I’m leaning towards going back to my ancient, incredibly slow laptop and 2d match engine. Which is a real shame, because football manager on the Xbox has been something I’ve wanted desperately for years. But the real version, the full version; I don’t think this is for me. Good effort though. And I really hope a lot of people enjoy it. 

Hi, I can't seem to find the option to make first team players available for reserves. Suspect it could be a missing button in the actions menu on the player screen?

Loving the game so far, great to be able to play on xbox and pc. Thank you

I have had multiple crashes making it currently unplayable. Save crashes, processing crashes. Also I think it’s been mentioned but online doesn’t work, after a match we get stuck on compiling match report. Also had a freeze or two on the screen where you start your career and click on “existing manager profile.” Tried to change my preferences on one of my saves to turn off the time limits but there’s no confirm button so it doesn’t seem to save them changes. Had a bug in a match as well where the tactics and team at the bottom completely disappeared so I couldn’t make subs or change anything. I had the in match timer on as well at half time and it ran out and that’s when the glitch happened. (see picture attached.) 

anddddd finally I’ve had a bug where mid match it just changes my match highlights to  full during a match! 
Also agree with others about the mouse curser, option to change speed needed. 
Playing on Xbox series X 

Edit: just realised I’m in the wrong forum. Can’t find delete option. My bad!

D004B024-DC5C-4193-BE69-B648632EDF46.jpeg

Edited by BlakeTH14

2 hours ago, LeMezier said:

Hi, I can't seem to find the option to make first team players available for reserves. Suspect it could be a missing button in the actions menu on the player screen?

It's definitely doable, I've done it.

Select the player you want, press start, then the top option (can't remember it's name). From here you have the option to move them to reserves or make them available. It's the same process to promote players.

1 hour ago, gritha said:

I can't import tactics on this version.
I tried every option, asked Sega. 
Does anyone know how to import tactics?
I would never buy if I knew it was like this.

21 minutes ago, gritha said:

I can't make faces, logos etc. my own :/

Not possible on both of these. I made a post in the bug forum as when playing the  Xbox version from PC Microsoft Store there is a drop down box that displays Cloud but not local. Apparently it's cloud only due to Microsoft.

The game shouldn't create the folder structure in My Documents either apparently, so no logos etc.

4 hours ago, LeMezier said:

Known bug.

You can send a player to the reserves then the option to make available for reserves appears, if you then make available and send to first team they then have a status saying NOT available.

16 hours ago, BadNews said:

- easier way to find players position fit. In past games I can see it right on the tactics menu, but for the xbox version seems I have to click through multiple optons 

- easier way to have players still be a part of senior squad but being able to play with U23 to get match fitness

- Press conference and pep talk like pc version would be nice too

In the game preferences under interface there is 'display natural position only'. Remove that and it will show positions they can play like normal.

U23 thing is a bug, see post above.

Press conferences and team talks have never been part of this version of the game (FM Touch) as it's got a lot of features stripped back for a more old school faster gameplay. You can do shouts from touchline to whole team or individual players which are as good as team talks, keep an eye on the faces under each player along bottom of match screen.

Hi,

One of the main reasons I got the FM21 Xbox version was to play draft online with my friends yet you cannot make subs during the game? Why is this? Seems very pointless to pick an entire squad if we can’t change players or tactics during the game..

also, in career mode, I’ve noticed that the substitutions are the wrong way round in the animation. E.g. the players I bring on say they’re coming off and vice versa.

hope this can be sorted?

Cheers

Absolutly loving the game so far. It took about a day to get used to the controls and the interface, but now I have no probs with that aspect of the game.

What I would say is the game seems to be on the easy side. I am arsenal and played 10 games and won all of them without much effort.

Apart from that, absolutly fantastic game :)

So far, so good. I'm glad FM made a return to consoles. The match engine/experience for me is truly excellent. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing a few ammendments made to the game. 

* The cursor speed that replicates a mouse is a bit slow. Wouldn't mind the option to alter the speed. 

* The Action Bar on player screens seems to be missing a few basic options such as 'Make Available for Reserves' (known bug), 'Change Squad Status', 'Make Available for Loan/Transfer', 'Go Make Some Tea' (not realistically expecting this one). 

* The Tactics screen is a little too clunky and basic. I would like to be able to see my entire squad next to my chosen tactics. My last version of Touch was FM20 on the Switch and I sorely miss that tactics screen. I do appreciate that I can create multiple tactics though. 

* Attribute Masking should not be a microtransaction. 

* Is it possible to include the Dynamics section somewhere down the line. Not necessarily with the complexity of the main game but I wouldn't mind seeing who my most influential players are when joining a new team. 

Cheers. 

Hi, just one thing im struggling with.

When my players are getting red cards i am unable to swap positions with anyone on the team So i can take off a player to put lets say a defender on. Is this a bug r am i just missing something?

Edit: To add on to this, the person with the red card just dissapears on the tactics screen making unable to swap positions with a midfielder to take off.

Edited by ZilexHrM

I've started a new game and went on holiday until December and can't press "B" to end my holiday as it's just going through the motions.

Also when I created my manager it looked fine but when I went to pick him for the game to start the resolution was terrible

12 hours ago, MACK1E987 said:

I've started a new game and went on holiday until December and can't press "B" to end my holiday as it's just going through the motions.

Also when I created my manager it looked fine but when I went to pick him for the game to start the resolution was terrible

How did you go on holiday exactly as I cannot find the option anywhere

4 hours ago, teggit said:

Do anyone know how to go on holiday as can't find the option.

It's normally on your manager profile but option not there.

I have looked on Xbox and on Xbox for PC

At default page (usually inbox) press start on controller>misc> go on holiday. People are experiencing bugs so use this feature at your own risk mate.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows how to zoom out? Couldn’t find it where it normally is on laptop. At the moment the top and bottom controls I can’t see so was wondering if anyone knew how to fix 

Edited by Djzkill

12 hours ago, Djzkill said:

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows how to zoom out? Couldn’t find it where it normally is on laptop. At the moment the top and bottom controls I can’t see so was wondering if anyone knew how to fix 

I fixed this by changing the font size or zoom level.

So set it below 100%

Playing on series x. Really pleased to see this come back to console. After a couple of hours I only have a couple of points. 

Cursor speed is slow. As this is controlled with an analogue stick could it not be more analogue? Move the stick a small amount to move slowly, move it all the way over to move quickly with varying speeds in between.

The alternate control method seems like a smart idea. Select the section of the screen with the stick and select the elements in that section with the dpad. However it's very inconsistent and unreliable. There's been times when I've selected the section of the screen with the stick but the dpad is unresponsive. 

Lastly, lots of people with these new consoles are playing on Oled screens, and for many burn in is a concern. This game has lots of elements that can be on the screen for a long time. Perhaps an OLED friendly skin would be an idea. Or even skin that is simply easier on the eyes. Is HDR really necessary in a game like this? Considering that for just about every release of FM on PC the community is very quick to create and release skins that are easy on the eye, it's amazing to me that Si haven't included an option like this, or have just gone without HDR. 

That is all for now, keep it up, and thanks.

ANYONR HAVING ISSUES WITH ONLINE CAREER MODE READ THIS!

When in a game online make sure one person stays on the menus and an admin of the server so once the game is over that person then goes to ‘game status’ and clicks on ‘force continue all’ and then selects 5 seconds u will then get past the stuck on compiling press officer report, it works every time on my career and I hope it works with everyone else aswell

On 02/12/2020 at 20:16, Notuxnobux said:

How do you see your reserve/youth squads? I can't seem to find it.

I agree with the controller feedback. It's a little strange.

Aside from that, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Go to squad tab and click filter on the right somewhere and u can filter the reserve squad.

On 05/12/2020 at 12:53, teggit said:

Do anyone know how to go on holiday as can't find the option.

It's normally on your manager profile but option not there.

I have looked on Xbox and on Xbox for PC

You can either press the start button and do it that way or click the date at the top and then do it that way 

On 02/12/2020 at 20:48, Cashley said:

like press conferences and team talks! Is there any chance of this being included?

Please dont haha. I like this basic game of FM. Imo if people complaining about this version, they should play FM on the pc. I love this basic style of FM

Aside from the other bugs mentioned in here...I'm having a problem with player values not changing at all. 

I'm the second player in an online game and I haven't had ANY players increase or decease in value at all whereas my mate has had his player's values fluctuating like they should do.

Really frustrating, please sort it out! :)

Hello all,

I need help!! 

I bought the game on Xbox One S and plugged a mouse in. The mouse works, but I cannot see the cursor on my screen at all, I can just see when its highlighting things.

Its incredibly frustrating because playing with a controller on this game is difficult enough.

Can anyone help me?

After Playing for a bit, I would like to see:

Ability to set cursor speed.

Ability to change attribute colours 

Ability to change text scaling.

Ability to zoom further on the match engine. Just a bit more to make it a bit more comfortable when sitting at a distance.

Alternative to panels with white backgrounds as they cause eyestrain.

Panel memory. Please let it remember which panel and where you left off in a panel when you hit the back button. For example at the monthly scouting meeting, I navigate to the list of players and select one to view, once I press back its back to having selected the inbox panel, I then have to move over to the correct panel again to the list and start going down the list from the top again. Frustrating.

Ps. The ability to import logos and faces etc would be great too.

Edited by Zan87