• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to high jack the post. any help from any one would be great. I wanted plus a mate to do a online career - I went into my preferences made any one can join made the server name and password. it then asked me to choose the nations and I did all that - went to game detail hit invite he got the invite it never worked. or let him join (just didn't do or say anything) I gave him the server name and password and noting shows up. We have been playing fm since champ manager days but wanted to give this online a try. 

what are we doing wrong ? 

On 31/12/2020 at 22:21, Gross_Ballon said:

Sorry to high jack the post. any help from any one would be great. I wanted plus a mate to do a online career - I went into my preferences made any one can join made the server name and password. it then asked me to choose the nations and I did all that - went to game detail hit invite he got the invite it never worked. or let him join (just didn't do or say anything) I gave him the server name and password and noting shows up. We have been playing fm since champ manager days but wanted to give this online a try. 

what are we doing wrong ? 

i am experiencing the same thing with my friends. no servers are coming up at all for any of us and we cant invite each other to a game. any idea if this is getting reviewed or a fix has been found?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @Gross_Ballon @jackskinner96

Very sorry for the late reply to this. Make sure when you are sending the invite the user receiving the invite is not on the join online lobby page as there is an issue where the invite will not work when the user is on this page. The user receiving the invite should be on the main screen for now. Can either of you see any online lobbies when you click on join online game?  When you are on the join online game page, have you tried searching for the lobby by searching for the lobby name? Also double check your save is actually an online save. You can check this by click on load and making sure the save is a FM network save.

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @joespa89

Did you check if Eos was down when this issue was happening? The link is in the post below. Are you both on steam? Have you permitted football manager through your firewall settings?

Thanks 

Hi John. We're both on steam. Yes to firewall settings

I tried hosting, and he couldn't get past the 'joining game' screen. 

He tried hosting, and I managed to get past that screen, but when I went to click 'confirm' once you are ready to add your club, nothing happened. It was like the confirm button wasn't working. 

We tested a regular network game and everything worked fine, which is even more confusing, but points that the issue is with the draft mode?

• SI Staff

Hi @joespa89

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the feedback. So joining online career games was fine but when you were the client for a draft game you couldn't get past the confirm club screen? Are you using any third party content with your game? Did you and the host have the same names at all for any of the details of the club? 

Thanks 

• SI Staff

Hi @ElCarmine @AW17

Sorry to hear your having issues with your network games. When you click on join online game are you seeing any lobbies at all? Have you checked all firewall permissions and even turned off the firewall to see if you were seeing lobbies? Have you tried inviting a player to a lobby via the overlay or been invited to a game?

Thanks 

47 minutes ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @joespa89

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the feedback. So joining online career games was fine but when you were the client for a draft game you couldn't get past the confirm club screen? Are you using any third party content with your game? Did you and the host have the same names at all for any of the details of the club? 

Thanks 

Hi John. That's correct. 

The only third party content are skins and some views (squad and tactics views). But I believe the skin gets reloaded for a draft mode anyway? 

Our clubs didn't have the same, no. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @joespa89

We had quite a lot of users who had issues getting online and it was due to their machines clock and time zone settings being wrong so make sure both machines have the correct settings. Have you tried using invites via the overlay? When you get an invite make sure you on the main menu and not on the join online lobby page.

Thanks 

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Arganesta said:

hey, i have a smilliar issues when joining room in fantasy draft, i stuck in "joining online game". And i'm sure this isn't internet/connection problem. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you

20210628125212_1.jpg.9c0e442d66b7fbc77c1eb0996dfe7cea.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My friend and I started a online save. First it all worked well and when we played in this save for the second time it also worked well, but the third time i could not find the game when i searched for the server name. which was weird because the second time we did exact the same thing and i worked.

• SI Staff

Hi @finnfeenstra

Sorry for the late reply, did you check to see if the epic online services were down at the time? There is a link on the top post to check this if you are having an issue connecting to online lobbies. When the host loads the save, has the preferences changed to friends only if they did and you are not friends on steam the lobby will not be visible to you. Let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks