[Mexico] (Official) League Specific Issues

Fc2020

Game version: Public beta 21.0.0 - 1476964

Issue: Mexican Champions Trophy - Teams already selected for the edition from year 2021

As you may know, this championship faces the winners from both Mexican First Division Opening and Closing Stage from the last season. Due to the pandemic this year there was no game, also because no team was awarded the title for the 2020 Closing Stage that ended early.

The beta is right at no putting a game for the 2020 edition, but the error is this: When you start a game, even at the earliest day (about June 8th 2020 if the Mexican First Division is selected), the teams faced for the 2021 Mexican Champions Trophy are already chosen: Monterrey vs. Tigres

To solve this problem, the game should wait to the winners for the Mexican First Division 20/21 season so when the summer of 2021 arrives, the teams chosen should be: 2020 Mexican First Division Opening Stage vs. 2021 Mexican First Division Closing Stage.

Uploaded to the SI OwnCloud two files: a saved game and a screenshot. These are respectively named:

• gtstarter93_MexicanChampionsTrophy_Teams_year_2021.fm
  • gtstarter93_MexicanChampionsTrophy_21_Teams.jpg

Issue: Mexican Expansion League teams not qualified to the Mexican Cup from the 21/22 season and so on.

After the 20/21 season ends, the Mexican Cup comes back for the 21/22 season. This is alright. The problem is that the game doesn't choose Mexican Expansion League teams to fill the number of teams that participate in this tournament, which from 2012 until the 2020 season had teams from the Liga MX (First Division) and Mexican Promotion League (this league was replaced by the now named Mexican Expansion League).

So, the game selects correctly the 14 teams qualified from the Mexican First Division, but then the Mexican Cup is filled by teams from the Mexican Premier Division, which is the third tier in the mexican football pyramid. 

Pleas fix this issue filling the number of participants required for the Mexican Cup with teams from the Mexican Expansion League following the teams from Mexican First Division correctly assigned.

Uploaded to the SI OwnCloud three files: a saved game one day before the Mexican Cup 2021 draw and a couple of screenshots that show you the chosen teams from the Mexican Premier Division.

Saved game: gtstarter93_MexicanCup_21_NoTeams_Expansion_League.fm

First screenshot: gtstarter93_MexicanCup_21_Teams.jpg

Second screenshot: gtstarter93_MexicanCup_21_PremierDivision_Teams.jpg

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Mexico competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Mexico should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hi! It seems reserve teams play in Copa MX, sometimes together with their parents club. I've seen Cruz Azul and Cruz Azul Hidalgo in the cup at the same time on a couple occasions. Would also be nice if you added the aggregate table. I believe it's the basis for some continental play and it's a bit complicated doing this manually every time we want to check the standings.

hace 18 horas, Brother Ben dijo:

I've noticed that in the Mexican second tier the media predictions are wildly different compared to the odds and board expectations when compared to other leagues 

Here's the data for a save I just loaded 

7a2635f3ca232dc265dc3f9c30a28936.png

I think the differences are reasonable. Mineros and Dorados are the two most competitive and known teams from this division (formerly named Promotion League), but the former changed ownership and the latter has become a much more younger squad in order to fulfill squad regulations and give playing time to loaned players from Tijuana, its feeder club.

Because of squad regulations, new ownerships and four new teams invited to this tier, Expansion League is very unpredictable (it has been in real life this months) and you can win the league even if you finish the regular season in 12th place. 

Maybe Atlante's first season expectations and Tampico title odds are unrealistic.

hace 20 horas, m.braathen dijo:

Hi! It seems reserve teams play in Copa MX, sometimes together with their parents club. I've seen Cruz Azul and Cruz Azul Hidalgo in the cup at the same time on a couple occasions. Would also be nice if you added the aggregate table. I believe it's the basis for some continental play and it's a bit complicated doing this manually every time we want to check the standings.

The Average Points under the Overview menu can work as an aggregate table. In this image I clicked where it says 2020/21 until it shows the teams in descendent order according to the points they got that year.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.40.png

2 hours ago, gtstarter93 said:

I think the differences are reasonable. Mineros and Dorados are the two most competitive and known teams from this division (formerly named Promotion League), but the former changed ownership and the latter has become a much more younger squad in order to fulfill squad regulations and give playing time to loaned players from Tijuana, its feeder club.

Because of squad regulations, new ownerships and four new teams invited to this tier, Expansion League is very unpredictable (it has been in real life this months) and you can win the league even if you finish the regular season in 12th place. 

Maybe Atlante's first season expectations and Tampico title odds are unrealistic.

That makes sense thanks for the answer.

One other thing, is there promotion at all in this division?  Wikipedia seems to suggest that it could be 6 years before that happens but i'm guessing that it won't happen in game

hace 2 horas, Brother Ben dijo:

That makes sense thanks for the answer.

One other thing, is there promotion at all in this division?  Wikipedia seems to suggest that it could be 6 years before that happens but i'm guessing that it won't happen in game

There is promotion to the Mexican First Division in the game from the 24/25 season. The winners from Expansion League 2024 Opening Stage and 2025 Closing Stage face each other in the Expansion League Champions Trophy and the winner gets promoted to the First Division. But you will find in the rules that Pumas Tabasco and Tapatío cannot get promoted because they are Pumas and Chivas B teams, respectively. Under this post you can see how in my saved game UdeG appears in the Mexican First Division.

What you mean about Wikipedia is that on November 19th Liga MX released an statement saying that the Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAS) favoured the FMF (Mexican Football Federation) decision to suspend the promotion from second to first tier. Here is the statement: https://ligamx.net/cancha/detallenoticia/36663

Cheers!

Mexican First Division 2025.png

Expansion League winners 24-25 season.png

Expansion League Champions Trophy 24-25.png

En 2/12/2020 a las 14:53, Fc2020 dijo:

Hello, It seems that the league winner is still not in player profiles and also found out that the winner of the CONCACAF Champions league isn't being rewarded with a trophy.

Yes, it seems there is a problem with the players achievements, because the managers have written their leagues won (either Opening or Closing Stage) on their milestones and biographies. 

In my save, in the preliminary round of the playoffs, the seedings are kind of messed up. P5 plays P6, P7 plays P8.... P11 plays P12. Surely this is incorrect? Unless it was a random draw and it happened to end up like that. Still, the reserve teams show up in the mexican cup as well

Edited by m.braathen
Correction

hace 1 hora, m.braathen dijo:

In my save, in the preliminary round of the playoffs, the seedings are kind of messed up. P5 plays P6, P7 plays P8.... P11 plays P12. Surely this is incorrect? Unless it was a random draw and it happened to end up like that. Still, the reserve teams show up in the mexican cup as well

I posted before about the Mexican Cup issue that you have spotted, it was on another thread before this and other posts where put into this thread.

About the seeding for the preliminary round in the Mexican First Division, it was already reported. What version are you running? Thanks

En 16/11/2020 a las 20:52, gtstarter93 dijo:

Issue: Mexican Expansion League teams not qualified to the Mexican Cup from the 21/22 season and so on.

After the 20/21 season ends, the Mexican Cup comes back for the 21/22 season. This is alright. The problem is that the game doesn't choose Mexican Expansion League teams to fill the number of teams that participate in this tournament, which from 2012 until the 2020 season had teams from the Liga MX (First Division) and Mexican Promotion League (this league was replaced by the now named Mexican Expansion League).

So, the game selects correctly the 14 teams qualified from the Mexican First Division, but then the Mexican Cup is filled by teams from the Mexican Premier Division, which is the third tier in the mexican football pyramid. 

Pleas fix this issue filling the number of participants required for the Mexican Cup with teams from the Mexican Expansion League following the teams from Mexican First Division correctly assigned.

Uploaded to the SI OwnCloud three files: a saved game one day before the Mexican Cup 2021 draw and a couple of screenshots that show you the chosen teams from the Mexican Premier Division.

Saved game: gtstarter93_MexicanCup_21_NoTeams_Expansion_League.fm

First screenshot: gtstarter93_MexicanCup_21_Teams.jpg

Second screenshot: gtstarter93_MexicanCup_21_PremierDivision_Teams.jpg

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Game Version . 21. 2 

Issue: Mexican Expansion League.  Opening phase play off seeding

I am in season 24 - 25 nd the Promotion relegation has just started.  I finished top of opening phase but instead of going into play off semi final as i had done for the other 4 seasons i had to play off whilst the team who finished bottom have gone straight into the semi final

• SI Staff
On 02/01/2021 at 14:46, doglordscott74 said:

Game Version . 21. 2 

Issue: Mexican Expansion League.  Opening phase play off seeding

I am in season 24 - 25 nd the Promotion relegation has just started.  I finished top of opening phase but instead of going into play off semi final as i had done for the other 4 seasons i had to play off whilst the team who finished bottom have gone straight into the semi final

Thanks for raising this, I've logged this internally for review now.

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

In latest version 21.3

Mexican first division playoff bug:

After the preliminary rounds (that is working fine)

In the quarter finals instead of selecting the teams between 1 vs (the lowest classified) 2 vs (second lowest classified) etc..

it's picking 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 etc..

i created a saved game if you need it please let me know.

Regards.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 3 weeks later...