Keep getting "could not find rules for division with X teams" error testing advanced rules

succ

I activated Hungarian Division III in FM21. I separated the rules till 2020 (20 teams per 3 competition, 5-5 gets relegated) and from 2021 (changes to 18 teams per 3 competition, 3-3 gets relegated) . I had a good example for FM20's Hungarian Nation rules where was a rule change in the Division II, but when I test the Nation rules I got "Nemzeti Bajnokság III Keleti csoport: could not find rules for division with X teams" error when the simulation gets to 2021.

Can somebody take a look and help me to fix this error? :) I would realy appreciate it.

Hungarian Division III.fmf

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2020 at 16:03, succ said:

I activated Hungarian Division III in FM21. I separated the rules till 2020 (20 teams per 3 competition, 5-5 gets relegated) and from 2021 (changes to 18 teams per 3 competition, 3-3 gets relegated) . I had a good example for FM20's Hungarian Nation rules where was a rule change in the Division II, but when I test the Nation rules I got "Nemzeti Bajnokság III Keleti csoport: could not find rules for division with X teams" error when the simulation gets to 2021.

Can somebody take a look and help me to fix this error? :) I would realy appreciate it.

Hungarian Division III.fmf 174.08 kB · 0 downloads

Are you still having this issue?

On 28/11/2020 at 12:42, sporadicsmiles said:

Yes I also have this, and the error message is infuriating vague. What rules cannot be found?

In my case I cannot even set up the leagues. I am told "Cannot find rules for division with 16 teams". I have no idea why not, since this is a simple 16 team league that has no issues for setting up. 

I have the same issue (22 teams) flexible rules are set and the required teams are correct everywhere but the error persists, cannot figure it out.

Its very simple - editor test is broken. Every year is like this and you have to wait for march update.

Workaround -  export your file as xml and delete basic editor part from your xml.

Check this

After that delete all lines with "verf" in it.

Save your xml and load in game. Test your file in game for several seasons. Thats only reliable option.

Every time you export your file again - you need to delete those verf lines.