18 teams 2020 to 20 teams 2021 issue

I am having trouble getting this to work. I have the J1 competition running from 2020 to 2020 with 18 teams. i have set up extra promotions from j2 at 2 and then created a new J1 competition from 2021. however when simulating it says 18 teams found 20 needed for the 2020 start date.

J League 2020 V0.01.fmf

6 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Just delete required teams list from "Japan" file.

That isn't necessary as it's only masking a problem with the file.  How will you know if that league has the correct number of teams?

I found that the J1 rules were not set to Flexible Format Rules and was skipping the 2020 season - once I changed this it worked fine other than a further issue with J3 promotion as there is no 2021 J3 league in the current file.  Potentially a few other issues but that's normal with a file at this stage :) 

3 minutes ago, magicmastermind124 said:

That isn't necessary as it's only masking a problem with the file.  How will you know if that league has the correct number of teams?

I found that the J1 rules were not set to Flexible Format Rules - once I changed this it worked fine other than a further issue with J3 promotion as there is no 2021 J3 league in the current file.  Potentially a few other issues but that's normal with a file at this stage :) 

true my problem was that the 2020 season used flexible rules and 2021 were fixed. having them both on flexible fixed the issue

3 minutes ago, magicmastermind124 said:

I found that the J1 rules were not set to Flexible Format Rules and was skipping the 2020 season - once I changed this it worked fine other than a further issue with J3 promotion as there is no 2021 J3 league in the current file.  Potentially a few other issues but that's normal with a file at this stage :) 

Good to know :thup:

24 minutes ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

true my problem was that the 2020 season used flexible rules and 2021 were fixed. having them both on flexible fixed the issue

Where is the flexible rules option? I am having this same issue

Edited by Hesht