Passing network/heatmap display problems

bielsadidnothingwrong

The passing network display is clearly bugged. As you can see, my team combined for 471 total passes. The network as displayed in the team data section does not reflect this. 

Based on that, I also have a hunch that the heatmap is bugged as well. See the screenshot below, it cannot be accurate either. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 5.12.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 5.12.47 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue with the .3 patch.

It is anywhere passing network is displayed. This seriously impacts setting up your opposition instructions and pressing, reducing chances to win, thus reducing enjoyment. Hopefully this is prioritized accordingly and recognized as a BUG and not just a known issue. Thanks!

image.png.e8b542aad1f910bd03449d69522eb7e2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

@Jack Joyce the match analysis pass maps remain unusable, is there an update on this?

Another update, still no fix. 

Like, really? I realize that from the outside, we might not understand the degree of complexity behind the issue, but it would be nice to at least have some news regarding it. This bug was here in beta, and SI confirmed they were aware of it. It's been 4 months. 

10 hours ago, Christopher S said:

Another update, still no fix. 

Like, really? I realize that from the outside, we might not understand the degree of complexity behind the issue, but it would be nice to at least have some news regarding it. This bug was here in beta, and SI confirmed they were aware of it. It's been 4 months. 

They have the data - you can see the total number of passes for player passing combos. And if you select all it looks like they can still draw all of the passing lines where you have that way too busy view. So it can "only" be a rendering thing?

Maybe because I (we) used it a lot I (we) think it's an important and meaningful feature, but we're in the vast majority? Seems they fixed a lot of other things not nearly this important and especially since they introduced this regression, fixing existing things they break should be prioritized more, no?

Ugh, well ya whatever, I am getting annoyed like before and there's not point in that. Guess I will continue on with my save after taking a break hoping improvements would come :-S

Hi All, I realise this is frustrating all of you so to gauge how important this is can I ask each of you how important it is to you when you play the game?

What specifically do you use the feature for and what decisions do you hang off the passing combos map?

What do you use as an alternative in the current game as it is not working?

These questions are not meant to judge but more to add significance and weight to fixing the problem you have for future releases/ updates. 

11 hours ago, John Wood said:

What specifically do you use the feature for and what decisions do you hang off the passing combos map?

Hello John, thank you for your attention to our problem!

Seeing what players an opponent 'plays through' or who attracts the most attention in attack or where on the pitch the opponent favors. This allows me to make minor adjustments (FB on att to def, focus play, etc.) More importantly, it offers me a look into how my squad is performing without having watch hours of highlights. I don't have as much time to dedicate to FM as I'd like, so for the past few iterations I have become reliant on data analysis to accomplish this. Heat maps work similarly for me. Overall, finding crucial connections for my squad and opponents without having to spend a lot of time 'under the hood' so to say. 

I also try and replicate tactics of real managers like Bielsa, so being able to see analysis like this helps a lot. Same with heatmaps, I like to check that screen to see how much my team plays out of defense for example. 

On a player level, heat maps and passing networks help me visually point out opponent players at halftime and make adjustments accordingly.

11 hours ago, John Wood said:

I look at stats, but unfortunately, those are not as accurate either. 

For halftime adjustments, I've not found a suitable alternative, however would be open to suggestions but not in lieu of repairs. 

Overall, this question is more difficult to answer because my honest alternative has been to not play as I do not get as much joy out of it not being able to interact with the game data in a way I found meaningful. So again, I'm open to suggestions. 

12 hours ago, John Wood said:

Hi All, I realise this is frustrating all of you so to gauge how important this is can I ask each of you how important it is to you when you play the game?

These questions are not meant to judge but more to add significance and weight to fixing the problem you have for future releases/ updates. 

Watching back parts of matches to see why players aren't performing & trying to put together bug reports. Putting in timed examples takes a lot of time, the anaylis helps find the clips you're looking for

Is there any possibiity of this being fixed for this edition? 

I use it mainly to gauge where my upcoming oponent key players are directing their play through, especially key passes.

Passing combos is useful for me to know where I can disrupt my opponents patterns of play.

Also to see how and where from their attacking players are being fed the ball.

Alternative, well I just get by from the stats we have.

18 hours ago, John Wood said:

Thanks for the question:

- Scouting upcoming matches, seeing the passing combos in the analyst report enables me to decide on my starting 11, how I will initially set up opposition instructions, and whether or not I start man-marking from the off. During matches I use it to see how those things are working and/or if they are still applicable. Also use it in match/post match for my own side to see if passing movement, combos are going as expected for my tactic. You can watch matches on comprehensive and see a decent bit, but only on full match and then not always really copping on, to how your players are interacting with each other. Passing combos and heat map were my two main analytics options for scouting, judging who well my tactic is working from a distribution and defensive POV.

- Nothing. I can look at the total passes to get a sense of the volume/concentration of passes, but still not know the combos or where they are taking place on the pitch. And Xg is simply pointless. It does not necessarily correlate to what I see on the pitch IMHO.

Again I appreciate the question, but this was a fully functional feature in previous releases, that is now fully broken. If SI isn't going to fix it, it wold be better to comment out the code IMHO, then leave this burnt out shell there to frustrate us/me. Thanks!