[England National League North – Level 6] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to England's National League North (Level 6) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England's National League North (Level 6) should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

As Boston United researcher, I've already noticed a few wage figures that are too high in the game, will be amended when I next get the opportunity.

Tootle and Fitzsimons are essentially double what they should be (possibly missed contract amendment from Notts County transfer). Paul Green slightly high, as he's gone part-time to allow him to focus more on his "A1 Football Factory". Tyrell Warren slightly high too, he's essentially our first backup for RB/CB at the moment, same with Lewis Gibbens who has been out on loan from BUFC already.. Will look to give modest increases to Platt, Thewlis and Shiels.

Any corrections for the Boston data, feel free to mention me in your post in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hi, thought I'd start a save as York City as I read over the summer they received about £2.5m from the Godfrey to Everton transfer, but it doesn't look like it's reflected in their finances? (only starts on £350k or so).

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/18831640.exclusive-ben-godfrey-hopes-fee-will-see-york-climb-back/ 

The Godfrey transfer fee was undisclosed but there are plenty of sources that were quoting £20m - £25m, most transfer fees are paid in installments and I would be 99% certain that this is the case for Godfrey, York have been given a cash boost in game but this is representative of a percentage of the add on rather than the full amount being in the bank, which would be unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2020 at 22:59, vkastanas said:

Blyth Spartans player from Greece named just "Panos". I'm Greek and this should be followed by a surname....

Probably this is the guy: http://www.blythspartans.com/player/panos-katsamagkas/

Thanks - his full name has been set, but Panos is set as his "common name" like Cristiano Ronaldo etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 05/12/2020 at 16:51, Gingerbread Man said:

The Godfrey transfer fee was undisclosed but there are plenty of sources that were quoting £20m - £25m, most transfer fees are paid in installments and I would be 99% certain that this is the case for Godfrey, York have been given a cash boost in game but this is representative of a percentage of the add on rather than the full amount being in the bank, which would be unrealistic.

Also, the Godfrey money has simply disappeared down the black hole of City's debt. There's no big chunk of cash in the bank.

On 15/04/2021 at 11:34, Dave C said:

Also, the Godfrey money has simply disappeared down the black hole of City's debt. There's no big chunk of cash in the bank.

Thanks Dave - I'll get this updated to be more accurate.

On 17/04/2021 at 17:04, Gingerbread Man said:

Thanks Dave - I'll get this updated to be more accurate.

No worries. It's difficult to represent. Theoretically, as of the ned of last season, they had £10m of debt (probably more like £11m now given they 'lose' about a million a year). But a big chunk of that is wrapped-up interest and dividends that are likely to be written off - paper losses/debts as opposed to actual operating losses (the operating loss was about £350k out of the total £1m). The capital is just accumulating, but again most will be paid off through a combination of the sale of Bootham Crescent, and the Godfrey money. Whether there will still be debt carried forward after that is anybody's guess.

The big thing for the data next season is they'll start in the new ground, which they don't own. So that'll need to be right for the modelling.