[Spanish] Issues in Spanish Translation

Woodg SI

• SI Staff

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of FM 2021 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Hello, there is a translation error that makes you think the opposite of what is intended. 

"I'm a motivator" is translated as "No soy un motivado"  (I am NOT a motivator). Should be "I am a motivator", without the "no". 

bug translation 1.png

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Darien said:

Hello, there is a translation error that makes you think the opposite of what is intended. 

"I'm a motivator" is translated as "No soy un motivado"  (I am NOT a motivator). Should be "I am a motivator", without the "no". 

bug translation 1.png

Good spot, fixed now and will be implemented in the next update

In media descriptions of players, attacking full-backs keep appearing as "lateral defensivo atacante" ("defensive attacking full-back"), which is a contradiction in terms and a mistake. The term "full-back" should translate simply as "lateral" and "attacking full-back" should be either "carrilero" or "lateral ofensivo".

Edited by tonidopa

Similarly, the media description translation for "experienced winger" should be "Extremo experimentado", and not "Experimentado interior". The term "interior" in spanish refers to a mezzala, not to a winger as is used in some media descriptions. So, "winger" should always be "extremo".

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 14:21, tonidopa said:

In media descriptions of players, attacking full-backs keep appearing as "lateral defensivo atacante" ("defensive attacking full-back"), which is a contradiction in terms and a mistake. The term "full-back" should translate simply as "lateral" and "attacking full-back" should be either "carrilero" or "lateral ofensivo".

checking

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, 

If  "Estimated effect from group" means the impact of the group on the player  (Group --> Player) it should be translated as "efecto estimado DEL grupo".

The current translation seems to indicate that it is the effect of the player on the group (Player --> Group). If you notice, it is translated the same as the sentence of the influence (left one).

Thanks.

1879830227_FROMGROUP.png.0033a1232a4b3f5c35592ad1856d3ddf.png1514726269_ENELGRUPO.png.7ffaf39796a3c99543822249993eafb8.png

Edited by Darien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why "Interior mixto" aka Carrilero in english whas changed to "Extremo mixto"? How a mixed winger will play in the middle of the pitch? Doesn't make any sense, specially when we have so many wingers roles. Please change it to "Interior Mixto" again. Also, "Extremo Defensivo" is written without a capital letter and looks awful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 24/02/2021 at 00:26, feche said:

Why "Interior mixto" aka Carrilero in english whas changed to "Extremo mixto"? How a mixed winger will play in the middle of the pitch? Doesn't make any sense, specially when we have so many wingers roles. Please change it to "Interior Mixto" again. Also, "Extremo Defensivo" is written without a capital letter and looks awful.

Please check has this been fixed with the new update?

• 3 months later...

It's a minor thing, but this scout report says that Sidibé is suggesting Nurettin Korkmaz as a target, when it's the other way around, Korkmaz is my Director of Football and is suggesting Sidibé as a target. It might be because of the way strings are coded, but just in case it can be fixed...

image.png

Edited by ManuConnorESP

• SI Staff
On 08/07/2021 at 22:40, ManuConnorESP said:

It's a minor thing, but this scout report says that Sidibé is suggesting Nurettin Korkmaz as a target, when it's the other way around, Korkmaz is my Director of Football and is suggesting Sidibé as a target. It might be because of the way strings are coded, but just in case it can be fixed...

image.png

Thanks - fixed on my side now

• 3 weeks later...