Save game could not be loaded

Hey guys been playing this save game for over 30 hours now and today my comp was acting a bit strange so I decided to save it up and reset computer. I did that all ok made sure the game saved and it was definitely done before restarting. I go to load up the game and now it is saying "Save game could not be loaded" when I first clicked FM as well after the reset it said some xml files couldn't be loaded or something like that. I just clicked ok and went on and it went to the main menu ok before reaching the error i mentioned before. It doesn't say those errors now but it still can't load the game. I will be pretty devastated to find that it cannot be loaded up again as it might not seem like a really long game, I did enjoy it as it is the first game my mate and I played together (not network he just comes over and we co-manage). Anything I can do to get this working again because this is pretty pathetic if it will not load, its such a good game but still has strange problems like this. My computer is pretty new as well so I wouldn't imagine viruses or corruption of the hard drive.

Sorry if its the wrong thread or been discussed before I am capped and my internet is pathetic in this state so I clicked the last history and it was this thread. Thanks.

Sorry I could not reply sooner just been a bit busy and "Reset computer" meant "restarting the computer" sorry it didn't make much sense. Nah do not have an earlier one unfortunately. This happened with a previous game but for some odd reason, not that I am complaining, it made a backup file as I think it was saving and the computer randomly froze. Can it be looked at or will I have to probably play another game? It was probably my computer and not Football Manager so I am not here to point fingers at anyone just wanna know if there is any way around it. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I have just had the same problem and i have a back up which means that i can go back but it now means i have to climb up to 10th in the league with WBA as well as beating Spain 4-3 in the World Cup with the Ivory Coast again. Can i just ask how does this happen so i can avoid this problem again?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Skorp,

I was using FM09 on my PC (Windows XP) & tried transferring the game file to my laptop (vista). I put the game file in C:\Users\Andy\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\games but when I start up FM on the laptop now I get a message "the saved game could not be loaded" and then when I try to load up FM again it tells me "Football Manager 2009 is already running". Can you help as the only way I can load up the game is to restart the laptop (and then it wont work)..

ANY help is appreciated.

• 2 years later...
No, there's no way around a corrupt game I'm afraid. As you don't have an earlier save game you will have to start again. Sorry for the loss of your save!

Sorry but, what do you mean by "Sorry for the loss"?

ARE YOU AT LEAST TRYING TO FIX THIS FOR FM2012?!?

Beacuse this problem is occuring since FM 2007 or 2008!

• 6 months later...

Without any reason, the same thing happened. First I had the problem where the game froze every 2 or 3 matches. Now, after 110 hours of gameplay, my savefile won't load. Start over is NOT an option, I mean i had a 44 non-losing streak. I'm really getting a little tired of this game. Or bring out a game that works, or don't unless youre sure it will work properly! If yo uwait 1 more month to bring it out, meaning the game does not include any bugs, than i'll gladly wait. Second time now I have to play 10 games again. Impossible to not lose willingness to play.

That said, my last 2 autosavegames are from 2 and 3 days ago.. It is set to save the game every month and since I played 5 months last night, the autosave games should be from the same day I assume? Are there hidden maps where these save games could be? Anyway, I am also sure the auto-save worked, but still can't find it back. My last save game goes bacj now in FM-time 5 months!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Uhm... today i've encounter the first time in my 7 years of playing Football Manager, especially FM 07... since 3 weeks i've moved on Windows 7. On my old Win XP SP2 didnt have any XML Parsing errors at all. I have played 2 seasons with Borussia Monchengladbach and I needed to restart my PC, saved the game, exited FM07, restarted, and the save game file of my last game "COULD NOT LOAD SAVED GAME" and restored the "GAMES" folder from My Documents like welshace sayd one comment above me and it worked, hopefully for me I have to replay only 2 matches :-) pretty lucky I guess. cheers

Archived