Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition Release Date Confirmed

• Administrators

We’re delighted to be returning to Xbox for the first time in over a decade with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition, out December 1st

Based on Football Manager Touch, FM21 Xbox is fully optimised for victory with the Xbox Controller on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. You can effortlessly put yourself on the path to footballing greatness with a UI that has been tailored for Xbox consoles and makes navigating through the game world a breeze.

FM21-Xbox_News_BH.png

COMPATIBILITY

FM21 Xbox Edition will be available on Xbox One, Xbox One X|S, Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PC.

FM21 Xbox takes advantage of Microsoft’s Play Anywhere technology to let you seamlessly transfer your progress between your Xbox console and any Windows 10 PC using the same Xbox Live profile. 

With Smart Delivery, whether you own the One, One X, Series S or X, FM21 Xbox will work across all of them - and will have a version specific to yours which is optimised to run at its very best.

TAILORED FOR YOUR XBOX

Unleash the power of the next generation of consoles on Xbox Series X|S and select up to 10 of the world’s biggest footballing nations when starting your journey to the top.

A clean and crisp match UI gives you an uninterrupted view of the Matchday drama in native 4K on Xbox Series X and upscaled 4K on Xbox Series S and Xbox One X|S.

Xbox Series X|S players can view highlights from league opponents giving you and your scouting team the inside scoop on the opposition before you go head-to-head on Matchday for those three points. You’ll also receive more detailed and valuable stats such as shot maps and Expected Goals (xG) reports – these will show where improvements are needed for your next fixture. 

If you’re on Xbox One, you’ll be restricted to loading just five of the best footballing nations, so home in on the trophies that matter to you. 

We’re coming to Xbox with a bang, with a host of additions that help FM21 achieve football authenticity that other management games can only aspire to.

INTUITIVE UI

Fully optimised for use with the Xbox Controller on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, you can effortlessly put yourself on the path to footballing greatness with a UI that has been tailored for Xbox consoles and makes navigating through the game world a breeze.

MATCHDAY MAGIC

Matchdays are a true spectacle. A fresh display and enhanced graphics allow you to see more of the action. You’ll also be able to communicate with your players during matches, and let them know exactly how you feel, by using Shouts, all the while receiving targeted information from your Assistant.

WIN WITH DATA

Gather insight that will drive you to the top of the game from a wealth of match stats to pre-and post-match analysis and monthly data summaries.

CELEBRATING SUCCESS

When your hard work pays off, revel in your glory with spectacular trophy celebrations and post-match hype that will applaud your achievements as you cement your legacy.

FM21 Xbox is due for release on December 1st. We’ll be providing further updates and answering your questions on our social media, so get following to get ahead of the game.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

WOW excellent news. One question with regards to game world setup can we select as many leagues as we want within the 10 nation limit?

You will be able to select all leagues within the selected nations. :)

3 hours ago, Ova said:

Are we going to be able to run co-op seasons/multiplayer ? If so would both users need the same consoles? 

You will be able to play online multiplayer with your friends within the Xbox ecosystem.

52 minutes ago, Rob Heckman said:

You will be able to play online multiplayer with your friends within the Xbox ecosystem.

@Rob HeckmanOne more question, will the Xbox version use the latest ME from FM 21? Thanks

Edited by Weller1980

1 hour ago, Rob Heckman said:

That is the news I was waiting for! My x series is going to purr playing this.

I own Xbox One S. Will I  receive more detailed and valuable stats such as shot maps and Expected Goals (xG) reports for  my teams's live games but not for opponents  in other league games ? 

Or expected goals and other advanced stats will not be present for Xbox One S?

Edited by Gerara

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

@Rob HeckmanOne more question, will the Xbox version use the latest ME from FM 21? Thanks

Yes, it will have the FM21 ME :)

12 hours ago, Gerara said:

I own Xbox One S. Will I  receive more detailed and valuable stats such as shot maps and Expected Goals (xG) reports for  my teams's live games but not for opponents  in other league games ? 

Or expected goals and other advanced stats will not be present for Xbox One S?

Expected goals will be available across the xbox edition 

1 hour ago, srvngrc said:

Mouse&Keyboard support?

On the consoles we currently have keyboard support for text input. As for the Windows 10 version, it will be possible to continue playing with keyboard and mouse.

19 часов назад, Rob Heckman сказал:

22 часа назад, Ova сказал:

Is it will be fast dayprocessing for all nations/leagues? For in stars for example?

2 часа назад, Rob Heckman сказал:

On the consoles we currently have keyboard support for text input. As for the Windows 10 version, it will be possible to continue playing with keyboard and mouse.

I dont get it :) is it different versions in Xbox? Got it. I can play this edition for PC Win 10 and Xbox both

@Rob Heckman Few more questions please

1. Any chance for FM22 and later as FULL (not Touch/based on Touch) FM version for Xbox?
  2. Any chance for better graphics on Xbox? Or it will be absolutely the same as PC version
  3. Any easy version of Editor?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Novem9

• SI Staff
26 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Is it will be fast dayprocessing for all nations/leagues? For in stars for example?

I dont get it :) is it different versions in Xbox? Got it. I can play this edition for PC Win 10 and Xbox both

@Rob Heckman Few more questions please

1. Any chance for FM22 and later as FULL (not Touch/based on Touch) FM version for Xbox?
  2. Any chance for better graphics on Xbox? Or it will be absolutely the same as PC version
  3. Any easy version of Editor?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

It will be the same game on console and on PC however the latter will have mouse and keyboard support and skin.

There are no plans currently to move away from the Touch based version.

Next-gen consoles will have better graphics than the older generation of consoles. As for comparing it to the PC, it depends on your PC capabilities. 

We also do not have an editor available on the xbox edition.

So would maxed out graphics on the PC with a 4K monitor look better than the next gen consoles? I dont suppose there is much between them.

Will we get to see some game footage showing off the ME and UI prior to the release? 

Edited by Weller1980

As someone with an incredibly old/slow laptop, I’m very excited for this. Albeit somewhat disappointed that it’s not the full version; particularly since it was last year on the stadia, so why not just do that for the Xbox? Anyway, I’ll try and make the best of it. Does anyone know yet exactly what has been cut from the main game? Thanks.

21 saat önce, Rob Heckman said:

I'm asking for XBox itself. Not Win 10 version. So there is no mouse support for XBox right? 

4 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Will there be a season limit on the game? As thinking this maybe a better buy than upgrading my laptop. If it’s unlimited. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/19/lead-your-team-to-glory-in-football-manager-2021-xbox-edition-coming-december-1/

30 season limit per the above link.

• SI Staff
29 minutes ago, truereddevil92 said:

Is it possible to play a save on the Xbox and a family member to play a different save on a laptop at the same time? 

With the same account / copy of the game no, as with xbox live accounts you can only be playing one game at a time

1 hour ago, dys0n said:

Does the Xbox/Touch version have Brexit work permit rules?

They've had the same league/transfer rules as full FM does in the past, so it'd be unlikely that it would be different in Touch/Xbox.

Just now, Kloppslap said:

I am confused. If I buy the xbox version do I still need to buy the PC version to play it on my PC or can I play the xbox version on my PC?

If you buy it for the Xbox, you can play it on the Xbox. If you buy the PC version, you can play it on your PC.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

If you buy it for the Xbox, you can play it on the Xbox. If you buy the PC version, you can play it on your PC.

Thank you.

Neil Brock says you can transfer your progress between xbox and a windows 10 PC. Does this mean if I want to transfer my progress between the xbox and PC then I need to buy FM Touch on the PC?

2 minutes ago, Kloppslap said:

Thank you.

Neil Brock says you can transfer your progress between xbox and a windows 10 PC. Does this mean if I want to transfer my progress between the xbox and PC then I need to buy FM Touch on the PC?

According to the OP you can transfer your progress yes, but since it's obviously different platforms, you'd need to buy the game for each platform.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Kloppslap said:

Okay i understand. Thanks for your fast help.

Sorry this is incorrect.

If you buy on xbox you also own the the xbox edition for Windows 10, those games will auto sync between the two - you cannot transfer between xbox edition and FMT PC

31 minutes ago, EdL said:

Sorry this is incorrect.

If you buy on xbox you also own the the xbox edition for Windows 10, those games will auto sync between the two - you cannot transfer between xbox edition and FMT PC

Okay so xbox its not cross save compatible with fm touch Pc.

So if I buy the xbox version does that mean I can also play the xbox version on my windows 10 PC / laptop as long as I'm signed in to my xbox live account? I think this is correct.

• SI Staff
Just now, Kloppslap said:

So if I buy the xbox version does that mean I can also play the xbox version on my windows 10 PC / laptop as long as I'm signed in to my xbox live account? I think this is correct.

It is correct.

2 hours ago, Brendani2005 said:

Does SI have any intention of making matches playable like FIFA in the near future?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be "no, never."

The game is a simulator, the point is that you set up the tactics, who plays, etc, and the players play. IRL, managers don't control their team with a controller.

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be "no, never."

The game is a simulator, the point is that you set up the tactics, who plays, etc, and the players play. IRL, managers don't control their team with a controller.

Wishful thinking on my part i guess ha. FIFA Career Mode is so shallow.

17 hours ago, Kloppslap said:

When transferring a Xbox 30 season save to PC, can you resume to over 30 seasons on PC?

On 21/11/2020 at 18:15, EdL said:

With the same account / copy of the game no, as with xbox live accounts you can only be playing one game at a time

Not completely correct. If your xbox is set as your home xbox, you can play the game on a 2nd account on your xbox and on your main account on PC. This is the game sharing system for xbox.