Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fixtures2.jpg

Ok set of second results, as you can see we progressed very easily to he CL final. The FA cup tie was a very tricky game, we came back from behind twice to take it to extra time, then Cummins (super sub) grabbed his second goal in the 119th minute, probably the most excited i've gotten during this entire season.

It has been a a strange season really, it appears alot of the AI teams or so badly balanced or just plain weak(Liverpool for example have 12 first team players), that because we have so much strength and depth we are dominating every game and it is usually a matter of time before we make a break through. I'm not used to managing at this level I've never won the Premiership, Champions League etc in any of my own saves but, dare I say it, this has been fairly easy.

Anyway off to play the European Cup final against Chelsea and have the FA cup final aggainst spurs to look forward to, not to mention a tricky home game against Arsenal to finish the league undefeated.

Champions League Final

Chelsea

I thought I'd spoken too soon as we were hammered first half, luckily Cummins tucked away our only chance but Chelsea equalised with one their many shots on goal. Went in at half time 1-1 and I gave them the old Angry teamtalk, done the trick and we dominated second half scoring twice.

We won the final game against Arsenal 1-0, so we finished the league unbeaten! my finest FM/CM achievement to date I reckon.

Final League Table

FA Cup final - We got off to a great start and quickly took the lead. Out of the blue Spurs score a 30 yard screamer. As it was a good first half I only gave the disappointed team talk and sure enough the players were at it again and quickly scored two. The treble is complete.

Squad summary

Tips for the next manager

- The Ass man is retiring so needs replaced and alot of our current coaching staff's contracts are expiring, you could probably get better though so may be worth letting a few move on.

- The squad is very strong, not alot needs to be done. I'd probably shift the following players:

Vyskoc - is decent but never really had many strong games.

Haman - My £17m signing went on a baron spell of 16 hours after starting the season strongly... try and recoup what you can or he may have needed a longer settling in period, your choice I aint fussed either way.

Marshall - Again as young England striker I signed, he is actually pretty prolific but he spat his dummy out when I signed Simonetti, could still make a profit if you wanted to get rid I reckon.

Kvist - He was pondering whether he would like a new challenge during the season, so watch out in case he begins to effect squad moral.

Leonardo - Utility right hand side player (again signed by me!) he is ok, good back up but I don't think he will get any better. Still he plays pretty good when given the chance.

I'll get the save game up as soon as I can and enjoy it!

Excellent season Dava.:thup:

Haman 8 goals in 26(19) apearances. lol I did try to tell you.:D

I know what you mean about it being easy. I played the same save and without a single player went unbeaten through to Christmas. I just stopped playing because it wasn't fun. I was keen to go again but not really interested now it is so easy.

Will be up for it again with FM10 though.

Do we need to get Bermy to review any of the rules/guidance notes or should we just keep it as is? (Mentioning International management might be appropriate.)

Champions League Final

History

Champions League Match #13: Saturday May 24, 2031

Valencia v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Jennings, Andriy, Singh, Snelling, Puckett, Henriksen Subs: KdV (Henriksen)

Its the Champions League Final, the match everyone looks forward to when it comes to the end of the season. Somewhat fortuitously we show up in this match against Valencia, when it could have been Barcelona or even Chelsea if not for a few lucky bounces. Valencia have a 2nd minute chance go just wide of Lafita in net. Its all Valencia in the early going as Lafita makes another save in the first 20 minutes. Puckett earns a 22nd minute corner that is caught by the keeper. Snelling takes a shot from 30 that is over the net and then he hits side netting from close range. Manuel releases Jennings in the 29th minute and GOAL! We are up 1-0. Ferarrio puts it over the net just before half time. Snelling is having a horrid day shooting the ball as he blasts another one over the net. The referee blows for half time and the score is Valencia 0- Blyth 1. At half I tell the boys do win this one for the fans who have stuck by us throughout the years. Singh dribbles across the field and blasts over the net. Vasilev tries to lob it over Lafita, who gets back in time and makes the save. Off a layed off free kick Ferarrio hits the bar, but then gets back his miss and blasts one into the net from 30 yards. KdV on for Henriksen in the 70th minute. Snelling needs to stop shooting as he has now put 4 shots over the bar. Kvist receives a pass and finds KdV who came on as a substitute and he beats the Valencia keeper for what could very well be the winner. And the referee blows for full time and Blyth have WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!! I don't know if this has ever happened in the history of the Champions League that the first season a team is in the competition, they are victorious.

MOM: Jennings

Blyth Win

Board Reaction

Champions League Best Player

Champions League Dream Team

What a way to end a goal drought

Fan Reaction

Hall of Fame

And we've only gone and done it as well! Congratulations spartans, fantastic stuff. Shame about the league, but that Chelsea side are formidable.

Windowlicker - it's been too long since I heard that insult haha.

He posted all the teams CA/PA's?? hope that hasn't tarnished the game for anyone. Glad everything has been deleted and hopefully not many seen it.

What's the name of that left back? haha

I really did miss all the drama :D Absolutely classic insult.

He was another one of my previous cheap signings that someone saw fit to flog:(.

I wonder how many of these guys are going to come back and bite us on the arse.

Just so everyone knows, I only sign young players based on detailed scout reports from JPP20 scouts.

If they say they are gonna be class, then generally they are gonna be class. Selling them for £5M after a couple of seasons might bring in some cash but it's really not the answer in the long run.

I sold your man Mendez. He wasn't good enough for the first team at that point and would have kept him but for the timing of it - the £5m I got for him allowed me to sign the likes of Tetteh for £6m and Henriquez, who was ready to step in and play that season in the same position as Mendez, for about £4.5m - I don't think we can argue with that as a piece of business. Fairly sure there would have been a sell on clause for Mendez...I tend to aim for at least 40% for any youngsters.

But yeah, annoying when someone really turns into a player.

Who was the fella that went to Rangers - a striker who no-one could get to score? The scouts continually raved about him but fairly sure we only flogged him for about a million.

EDIT: Just saw aka.arrogantio's kind post in defence of selling Mendez (cheers!). The evidence is all buried in this thread somewhere :D Now realised we got £8.5m plus sell on and that he was kicking up a stink - at that point I was dispensing with anyone who fitted that category as we really needed to raise the morale. Was good business at that time, guarantee it.

Brilliant seasons Dava and CV. Think CV racked up more trophies but going unbeaten in the league is a fantastic achievement. Both sides are already basically too good now.

Who's going next for each side?

Updated the list (at long last). There's more than a passing chance I've missed out some cup successes, if so could you post a link and I'll add them in, cheers.

When it comes to it we've only actually won the league and CL a couple of times, but knowing how the game works we'd struggle to toss away the dominance we've built up. Therefore, not sure how challenging this is going to be from now on given just how strong both sides are, but not sure what we can do about that. If people are happy to keep going, that's fine with me.

Would be interesting if we could carry on the same save but start from the beginning again? Each apply for the newly promoted teams to the football leagues playable? Maybe after another couple of years of winning everything? I don't think FM10 will be released for another 2/3 months now....

Would be interesting if we could carry on the same save but start from the beginning again? Each apply for the newly promoted teams to the football leagues playable? Maybe after another couple of years of winning everything? I don't think FM10 will be released for another 2/3 months now....

Now THAT is an idea.

I will be waaaaay up for that.:p

Right, well I downloaded Dava's save for the sake of a poke about. A bit of experimentation shows that if I create a position at a BSN club by adding and retiring a manager, then resign Wallace from Blyth, they'd offer him the job....

I notice that the mighty Rugby are knocking about down there, promoted for the first time ever last year and predicted to get relegated this season. What does everyone think? Especially ssestig since he was primed to make a start for Blyth?

Right, I probably won't be around for another couple of days. More than happy to go with this idea though, if everyone else is. Like I say Rugby look a decent option to me for the Monkeys - not sure who is available for the Softies - I'd say preferably some team with limited history, recently or newly promoted.

Definitely up to those who're next of course, as to whether it's another season with the existing teams or a first season with new ones.

Right, well I downloaded Dava's save for the sake of a poke about. A bit of experimentation shows that if I create a position at a BSN club by adding and retiring a manager, then resign Wallace from Blyth, they'd offer him the job....

I notice that the mighty Rugby are knocking about down there, promoted for the first time ever last year and predicted to get relegated this season. What does everyone think? Especially ssestig since he was primed to make a start for Blyth?

Oh please please please please please pretty please let me have a go as manager of Rugby.

Mon the eggchasers!:D

Ooh, I'd definately do another season on this at lower league level. Anyone who has the softies save, are there any teams suitable in the BSS to play as?

Rugby, lol, that must be a 1 in a 1000 chance of them being there, wouldn't think many people got them in dafuge's challenge.

As both teams have comleted the challenge, and as both groups seem, (at least at this stage), to be keen to drop down the leagues and start again, are we going to open up International management?

If we are, do the guys in each group want to make some suggestions as to the type of team they might want to manage.

What I mean is that I for example have very little interest in managing England.:thdn:

I do however have some interest in the Spanish job if it was to come our way, Lafitah, Manuel, & Fernando are current Blyth players in the senior squad, while Ivan Mendez & Carmona are ex Blyth players in the senior squad. We also have 3 member of the Spanish U21 squad. I fear that this would be too easy though.:thdn:

The Brazilian job would be too easy, (with the likes of Nonato, Diego, Raimundo & Leonardo).:thdn:

My initial suggestions would ctually be that we should look to manage one of the Nations where we have a relationship with 1 player.

Snelling and N.Ireland would be 1 option.

Kvist and Sweden would be another.

Trinidad & Tobago might be a giggle, (if they have enough players in the game), where we can manage KdV.

Denmark and Henriksen might be another option.

What do you all think?

FM10 is going to be released on the 31st of October FWIW. It'll be a while before the FM10 version of this gets going as we've got to go through the process of the ideas thread again, suitable teams etc. which leaves us around 2-3 months to make some decent progress if we decide to start again :thup::)

I think Jimbo's suggestion would be fine, seem a=fairly comparable teams.

The question is who is next for the softies? They may as well crack on with the new challange.

Ssestig - when do you think you will be finished your premier league campaign?

Archived