Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No don't mind me. If nobody else is bothered then I'm not that important. It's just the Braintree yellow colour I think.

It is a pain, the screenshots in JPEG format are unreadable for text in those colours, but it looks fine in the game. PNG is better but they take an age to upload for me, not sure about everyone else.

Softie's Squad Overview

Goalkeepers

Grant Wilson is the star in this area, definitely the key to our success and will hopefully continue to be. He also was named the GK in Team of the Year. Don Murphy is the baby of the group, and "has the potential to be as good as Wilson," which will hopefully be true. And current back-up is Grandad Luke Gardner. I'm having a war with myself on whether to sell him or keep him as back-up. Opinions would be appreciated.

Right Back

There are 2 stars in this position, Irish lad Todd Henderson and Jesus Fonseca, a Mexican lad. I think I'll rotate between the two, maybe not match by match (most likely because I'll forget..) Michal Novak is someone who I'm not keen on and I'll aim to sell him for a good sum hopefully. Charlie Haworth obviously has/had potential, shown by his 46 U21 caps. Can played left or right - a massive bonus when it comes to back-up. However, we have 2 good players in both positions so Haworth may be going for a hopeful good price.

Left Back

James Marsh is the obvious star, a former wonderkid (I think?) and is most certain to be rotated with Jakob Stadsgraad, who is useful seeing he is versatile along the back. These are the only players in this position, however I'm confident they'll be good enough to remain the only players in the position.

Centre Back

Tom Ford and Fumagalli are the stars here, both excellent defenders and should continue their form into my season. Jonjo Street and Kevin Grace both have potential but are not ready yet. Back-ups will conveniently be the rotated full-backs Fonseca & Stadsgraad, meaning they won't get agitated as much.

Defensive Midfield

I'd say Jesper Sorensen was the star here, however he faces competition from Frank Ruddick. I can see Sorensen being my preferred player but should his form drop, Ruddick will be perfectly capable of filling his place. A strong position but should both get injured (maybe even loss of form) then we will effectively be screwed in that area. I may invest in a young DM just to fill all possibilties.

Central Midfield

Brian Alexander is the obvious star here, the club captain will feature this season as usual. Quite far behind him in terms of ability is Stuart Barry - I'm going to look to sell him due to his age for hopefully a fair price. Alex Wright is our newest star, the £9M man is most certainly full of ability and potential. And last but not least, promising youngster Toby Douglas is our 4th CM.

Attacking Midfield

It's quite worrying we only have one 'natural' midfielder in Lee Dennis however he is most certainly a capable one and will be for years to come. We have Oscar Funes, Brian Alexander and Stuart Barry for this position.

Wingers

Dominating the right wing is the star that is Aleksandar Terziev. The current vice-captain has been with us for a while, and will hopefully stay on for many years. The downside is my tactic doesn't use wingers, so that may have to altered. Oscar Funes has made himself our resident left winger and when I change to a 442 (which I plan to do - will this affect anything?) he will our left winger. Lee Griffin is one I may look to sell as the left wing may be overcrowded soon as wonderkid Mauro Bostolo and Northern Irish international Jonathan Thompson compete for places.

Striker

We have to obvious stars here, Bryan Munro and Steve Ford. Both are extremely capable and have made the striker position their own. Gastón Guzman currently has a broken leg, and at 31, I fear he may never recover. I'll look to sell him in January and seeing as my tactic has 3 strikers, I need another because our only other option is Adam Jones. He has bags of potential but is in no way ready yet.

TARGETS

• Young, promising DM
  • Another ST, preferably a capable winger so he won't be a benchwarmer in next manager's season.
  • Maybe a young right winger
  • A back-up goalkeeper

Gardner doesn't look too old yet... he is a goalkeeper after all. A younger backup might be less capable and more unhappy about being benched.

I like Haworth more than any of his managers seem to have done - he's a fair bit quicker than the star right backs when up against pacy wingers.

Can Stasgaard cover DM? His attributes are pretty well-suited to it

Toby Douglas looks a fair way from first team standard for a 22 year old

If you play with three strikers, maybe you want two strikers (with good ability in second positions for future managers to use as cover) rather than one?

Softies - August 1st

First off, the ins and outs

In

The afore mentioned Ferreira for £14M - really sorry about this but it was £13M before but the transfer was cancelled! I completely forgot about that and thought it was £13M, apologies.

Ferreira will be in the first team as a striker & cover for Terziev (however, he cannot play RM - should I train him?)

Pantos (I've nicknamed him this) arrived for free from Olympiakos, he's the very dab for cover for DM - if not, profit should more than easily be made.

Out

Fabrizio Bertani left for £6M in a pre-arranged transfer by berty. Liam Street, Adam Gwinnet and Rio Ludlam were released following their contracts expiring and Charlie Haworth went Real Madrid for £6M, £190,000 of which went to Hull.

Friendlys

Braintree 1-0 West Brom

Wilson; Henderson, T Ford, Fumagalli, Marsh; Sorensen (DM); Ruddick, Wright (CM); Dennis (AM); S Ford, Munro

A quick friendly I arranged to test out a change to the tactic (AM instead of 3 front men) and didn't really go to plan - Alex Wright scored a 25 yard screamer to give us the win.

Loko (Mezdra) 0-9 Braintree

4-4-2: Wilson; Henderson, T Ford, Fumagalli, Marsh; Terziev, Pantos, Wright, Dennis; S Ford, Munro

A stunning win, I expected a win but by that margin was not what I expected. Fumagalli opened the scoring from a corner, and Steve Ford fired home from the edge of the area. Munro then went on a magical solo effort, rounding about 4 men before tapping it into the net. Marsh's cross was then met by Steve Ford for his second and our fourth, and we went in 4-0 up at half-time. The second half started as the first half finished and Terziev scored from Dennis' cross. Dennis then turned provider again, crossing for Steve Ford to get his hat-trick, just seconds after the previous goal, in what was a fine performance from him. Dennis then completed his hat-trick of assists as his corner was met by Fumagalli to make it 7-0. Pantos then got in on the act, slamming the ball home from Marsh's pass, before Dennis himself latched onto Munro's cross, making it 9-0 and completing the rout.

Sagamihara Topolino 0-3 Braintree

4-4-2: Wilson; Henderson, T Ford, Fumagalli, Marsh; Barry, Pantos, Wright, Dennis; Ferreira, S Ford

Barry started in place of Terziev & Ferreira made his unofficial debut in place of unfit Munro. Half an hour in, we took the lead through Tom Ford when he head home Barry's corner. Half-time came and went, and the second half started with Ferreira firing home from 25 yards with a bolt of a shot. Munro then curled home a screamer from 35 yards after I changed to 3 striker tactic.

Peterborough 0-2 Braintree

4-3-3: Gardner; Novak, Fumagalli, T Ford, Stadsgraad; Ruddick (DM); Alexander, Douglas; Ferreira, Munro, S Ford

We dominated again, Munro opened the scoring with a powerful header from Alexander's corner. And Ferreira made it 2 after half-time, knocking in Fonseca's free-kick. We maybe should've scored more, but at least we didn't concede.

Colchester 0-2 Braintree

4-3-3: Gardner; Novak, Fumagalli, T Ford, Stadsgraad; Sorensen; Dennis, Alexander; Ferreira, Munro, S Ford

Another weak win, and we were helped by a red card to Colchester's midfielder. After the second half, we opened the scoring through a well-worked throw in, and it ended up with Ferreira scoring from the edge of the area for his third in 3. And Steve Ford wrapped it up late on, heading from Novak's cross.

Woohoo, another penalty shoot-out win, wd.

And Bertani has a sell on clause of 40% of the next fee if he moves again. :)

That might come in handy, the scouts thought he had huge potential when I signed him. They thought he'd be better than Funes.

August Update

Friendlies

Fiorentina 1-3 Braintree - A good win for us, although we waited late to secure it. Munro grabbed 2 goals and Ferreira kept up his fine form for us.

New England 0-3 Braintree - An easy victory for us in a match we dominated. Ferreira got 2 more goals to add to his records, and Munro grabbed one goal to add to his.

Community Shield

Chelsea 0-0 Braintree (Braintree win 9-8 on penalties! \o/) - We dominated, but couldn't penetrate the Chelsea defence and we needed penalties to win.

League

Braintree 3-0 Chelsea - So we win against Chelsea again, this time more convincing. Dennis gives us the lead, followed by Ford and Fonseca's first goal for us.

Wigan 1-3 Braintree - A spirited comeback from us as Wigan went in at the break one-nil up. A Funes double and Steve Ford confirm the win for us

European Super Cup

Juventus 1-3 Braintree - We take home the Super Cup, so we at least do the double. Another comeback but it takes extra time and goals from Munro, Dennis and Funes again to give us the win.

SEPTEMBER

League

Man City 0-3 Braintree - After coming back refreshed from the international break, we thumped City 3-0. Funes gave us the lead, Fumagalli converted a penalty and Steve Ford wrapped it up.

Champions League

Dinamo Kiev 0-5 Braintree - We trashed them. We dominated in every area and never looked like losing, the only thing we lost was Bryan Munro for 3 weeks. Ford, Fumagalli and Marsh all struck in the first half while Steve Ford and Alexander killed it off in the second.

League

Braintree 1-1 Middlesbrough - An important match against title challengers and a point well shared - James Marsh gave us the lead but they equalised 10 minutes into the second half.

League Cup

Huddersfield 1-3 Braintree - Dennis gave us the lead with a cracking volley, and Fumagalli extended it soon after with a bullet header. He then went on to miss a penalty before Ferreira got his first official goal for us to send us in 3-up. They pulled one back but were no match for us at all.

League

QPR 2-4 Braintree - Our newest wonderkid Alex Wright gave us the lead after just one minute, Ferreira - finally hitting form - made it 2 seven minutes later. Fumagalli converted a penalty, before QPR pulled a goal back - but Ferreira sealed the game just after half time. QPR put on pressure and got a penalty. They scored but it finished 4-2.

Champions League

Braintree 2-0 Lyon - Steve Ford gave us the lead, before Terziev had to be taken off injured. Ford was involved again as he was fouled to win us a penalty - Fumagalli converted it and made it 2-0. The game finished that way.

League

Braintree 1-0 Reading - Reading held firm for the majority of the match but we snuck a goal past them at the end - a cracking strike from the edge of the box by wonderkid Wright. A good goal gives us a good win.

League Table

Champions League

GK Squad list.

GK Assistant Reports.

Obviously Lafita is our best GK. At the age of 27, (and now a regular for the Spanish National side), he seems to be at the top of his game and has plenty of time left as he is still yet to even reach his prime playing years never mind about come out the end of his golden period. As our only GK with more than 2 stars from the Ass Man, (Burt JPA18 JPP17), for either current or potential ability, it appears at first glance as if there is significant room for improvement both in terms of the ability of our #1 choice GK, and also the ability of our back-up players. After a little more research however it appears that GK's in this game do not seem anywhere near as strong as other areas, (is this a general area of concern for long term FM09 games I wonder).

To give you an idea of what I mean, here are the GK's currently on the books at Chelsea, (who are the best team in the World in the game, eeven if we did win the Champions Leage last season under Spartans leadership).

Rory Taylor is their #1 GK and although he is capped for England, (and is certainly decent), he is not exactly spectacular and although simila to Latifah, he is coming to the end of his peak performance period and we are likely to see his attributes drop over the next few years, (unlike Latifah).

Neil Brown is the only other GK at Chelsea who has made a senior appearance this season, and I wouldn't be happy if he was the Monkeys #2 GK. Even accounting for very good stats in the areas that are hidden, there is no way that he is good enough to play for a top European team.

Dan Taylor is another back-up GK at Chelsea and again it matters little what his other stats are like if he has aerial ability of only 8.

Peter Nash is the only GK at Chelsea that I can see even with an outside chance of making the grade.

If we put in big bids for both Taylor and Nash I wonder if we could buy our way to the Premiership title without either of them ever playing for us?

You have to remember that we only won the FA Cup in 2027/28 because we played reigning European and World Champions Man City who had left themself with such a poor group of GK's at the club that they were relegated from the Premiership with the bulk of the team that had performed so well in Europe and had finished 6th, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 1st, 2nd, 5th & 6th in the preceding Premiership campaigns. Look at their domestic league history and in particular note the goal difference in their last 2 Premiership campaigs, (they are the Championship winners again this season and will be back for another go next season. Jamie Willmott was signed by Man City at the beginning of the 2027/28 season, (that saw them relegated) and I think it becomes clear how important aerial ability for a GK in the Premiership is. I have tried to trace back who the original Man City GK was during this period but no luck so far.

Thomas Cahill, (now 23) was sold to Charlton for £3m at the same time that they were buying Willmott for £4.1M from Bayern.

They also sold Ewan Leconte to Sporting for £1.2M just before that, but he was only at City for a short time so he was not their regular GK. I am trying to dig up an old save to see if I can trace where things went wrong for the boys in shy blue.

Joshua Moogan doesn't look that special but a lot of his lower stats are not linked to GK ability so after a little longer look he is significantly better than first impressions. At the age of 32 it is good that he is happy to stay at the club despite only being listed as a squad rotation player and only featuring 7 times for us this season, (only 3 of those in the league). I am not sure if his appearances coincided with us fielding weakened teams before big European games, but either way, 1 clean sheet from 7 appearances is not exactly forcing him into our thoughts. I know that we have struggled for the last few season when fielding weakened teams in the cups so maye the fact that he was unable to keep clean sheets in those games may not be all down to him.

Josh has now spent enough time in Bulgaria to qualify for residency and therefore no longer requires a WP. Despite that, I am always drawn to his shocking position rating whenever I see him. While obviously not as important as aerial ability, it is still important. I would suggest that he is never going to make the grade with such an achilles heel.

Rodrigo was bought by me as what I thought would be our long term answer to our GK problems. It now does not look like this will be the case, (although there is still time for significant improvement). Although he looks decent when viewing his profile, he has performed poorly during loan spells in the Championship with Man City & Palace, and in the Premiership with Sunderland. He shouldn't be seen as a player who will play any senior games for us but should still look to be sent out on loan for first team experience.

Ilpo Salonen is a 20 year old Finn who is already capped at senior level. Although valued at £1.1M, he is nowhere near the standard required and should be sold for a tidy profit asap. (He was purchased for only £3k.

Bobby is another one bought by me who has just not developed. He is valued at £1.6M so we should at least make a nice profit on the £250k that we shelled out for him.

Summary.

So the way that I see it we have a good senior GK in Latifah, and a decent back-up in Moogan. To my mind we have little else though, (unless Rodrigo makes more progress in his development than he has hinted at so far). If I was managing this season I would certainly be on the look-out for a new GK, (put possible with a view to a future Monkey manager signing them rather then me signining them myself). Although the comment about buying 2 of the Chelsea GK's was initially said tongue in cheek, it is not the first time that I have had such thoughts and I think that especially if Rory Taylor could be prised away it might weaken them significantly and so allow us to nip ahead in the Premiership stakes).

DL Squad List.

DL Assistant Reports.

Kvist has been in pole position here since he jined the club back in January 2025. Since then he has made a total of 239 appearances, including 178(2) league appearances. He was a member of the team that won the Championship in 2025, the FA Cup & Charity Shield in 2028 and the Champions League in 2031. As far as I am aware he is the only member at the club to win all 4 of these honours. Surprisingly he is not on the clubs favoured personnel list. Obviously I like him and if I was playing I would keep him because that's simply the way that I play. Despite that, I appreciate that there will be better attacking DL's out there. I am happy with his defensive attributes but agree with what has been said before than someone else could offer us more as an attacking force.

The Ass Man now feels that Raimundo is a better player than Kvist, (and he may be right). I always thought that Raimundo would develop nicely as an attacking force but I wondered if he would be good enough at his defensive duties to even be classed as 1st choice. In fact since I was at the club he has significantly changed and even with my fondness for Kvist I see that I would be drawn to giving Raimundo equal playing time.

Gareth Abbott is valued at £2.9M and although he has collected 20 England U21 Caps, he has not developed as required and should be off-loaded for a tidy profit as we purchased him for only £450k.

The only other DL at the club is Kiwi Nick Anisi who a 22 has already represented the home of the Long White cloud an astonishing 42 times. If I was playing this game on my own I would be keeping him if only to set a new World record for most International Caps by a player. I signed him on a free when I was at the club so anything we can get for him will be profit.

Summary.

Well although we have 2 very good senior options, the strength in depth is actualy poor. Of the 9 players at the club who can play DL, only 4 of them have DL as their best position and only 2 of them should be considered for senior football under any circumstances. With Kvist at 23 and Raimundo at 22 there is no rush to replace them, but it is certainly an area that can be improved if we come across the right candidate. As with GK's I would suggest that this should be something that the current manager does with a view to finding a replacement for future managers rather than finding a replacement for the coming season.

Hi guys my first post. I was at Dads , and i quite liked to look of this thread so now im at home... Here i am.

Im geussing Dad ( jimbokav1971 ) has taken over the monkeys for this season?

Welcome back young Jimbokav Jr :thup:

I don't think your dad is doing a season yet, I think he's just giving us a bit of information on the current squad. According to the list at the start, Dava is up next for the monkeys.

Welcome back young Jimbokav Jr :thup:

I don't think your dad is doing a season yet, I think he's just giving us a bit of information on the current squad. According to the list at the start, Dava is up next for the monkeys.

I wish i could do a season, but id proberly get us relegated, sell all the starts, buy some rubbish players, and take a month to do it :o :D

DR Squad List.

DR Assistant Reports.

Manuel has been our 1st in the mix for the senior team since we signed him for a paltry £85K as an 18 year old back in Jan 2027. He didn't perform as well this season as last, and has only scored 18 goals for the club. I say only because I feel with the number of games he has played for the club, (163), a player with that sort of dead-ball ability should have contributed more. Bermy got 9 goals out of him in his season in charge and I think we should be looking for that more than that every season now. It's possible that we have since signed a better dead-ball expert without me realising it and if that's the case I will stand corrected. It is worth noting that while Manuel seems to have good hidden stats that aid him with the taking of free-kicks, his natural fitness is very poor and could hinder his consistency.

The Ass Man would select Diego as his 1st choice DR but I look at him and see a DC so I will not include him in this section.

Ivan Suarez Alvarez is a player with a bright future. This is the first I have seen of him, (must have missed that update so apologies), but I am impressed not only by his 20 youth caps for Brazil but also the fact that he is capable of playing with either foot and should be retrained to also play at DL. He played 8 times for us last season and while that is good for his development, I am not sure that it is too good for the team performance as he is still lacking in a few areas, (most notably physically). I would look to loan him out for a full season, (ideally in the Championship). If we do loan him out, then maybe we can insist on the ability to recall him to ensure that we can bring him back if he is not being played regularly. Certainly one to keep an eye on though.

Rothwell is a 20 year old Englishman, capped 6 times at U21 level. I will be honest with you and tell you that when I bought him I did so with a view to him just being a financial investment. I paid £325K for him and expected to maybe get £1M-£2M profit for him. Well he is already valued at £3.6M and seems to be developing nicely after a decent 2029/30 season, (1 goal and 11 assists), for Peterborough in the Championship, but then we went and left him stagnating in the Reserves last season so we have maybe missed the boat on this hidden gem. He's still got 3 years left on a cheap little contract so he is certainly worth persevering with.

Andy Senior is a club legend as far as I'm concerned, although the fact that he played a league game this season gives me cause for concern. He is obviously not up to playing senior football now but as he is seriously considering taking up coaching, I think we should try to keep him on and then offer him a coaching position.

de Vries is another new player that has sneaked in the door without me noticing. Already a senior Dutch International at the age of 20, he looks decent if undsectacular. Signed on a free he is currently valued at £2.7M so whatever happens it's a decent bit of business. He would have to improve significantly to get anywhere near a senior team selected by me though so I would send him out on loan for the season and see how things develop. He can play anywhere across the back but is not anywhere near capable of playing DC and his left foot should be used only for standing on.

Andy Brown is an academy product but is never going to make the grade.

Bjorkman is an 18 year old Swede but has spent 2 seasons stagnating in the Reserves so any potential will already have been wasted. We should just get rid asap.

Jepsen is a 21 year old Dane who has been capped a couple of times my Denmark. He's bee loaned out for the last 3 seasons and has developed ok, but is never going to be good enough for us. Purchased for only £80K he is now valued at £1.8M so should at least offer us a tidy profit.

Darren Finch was signed for £50K and is now valued at £1.6M. We should look to cash in because he is never going to play for us.

Summary.

Surprisingly we are a little weak here. Manuel is quality but if he has a fault it is a lack of fitness. WIth that in mind I would suggest that he is probably not very capable when it comes to playing Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday week in week out. If I was managing I would either rest him in Europe or rest him after he plays in Europe. I woudn't be asking him to play games in quick succession. Obviously Diego can do a job when needed, but he is really more of a DC than a DR, but I think that I would probably play him away and let Manuel fill his boots when playing at home. I suppose it depends if Diego is needed to play at DC. I like the look of Rothwell in comparison to the other DR's. I would probably use him in the Cups and as back-up but I think that we certainly need another DR if Diego is required as a DC.

Hi guys my first post. I was at Dads , and i quite liked to look of this thread so now im at home... Here i am.

Im geussing Dad ( jimbokav1971 ) has taken over the monkeys for this season?

lol

What happened to your old account? You know you could have just requsted a new password.

No I'm not playing. I just downloaded the save for a look and am doing an update so that we all know what the score is. It's hard to keep track of how the squad develops and the season summary at the beginning can be hard for a new manager to do because he wants to just rush on with playing.

[Edit]

ps "proberly" is spelt "probably".;)

lol

What happened to your old account? You know you could have just requsted a new password.

No I'm not playing. I just downloaded the save for a look and am doing an update so that we all know what the score is. It's hard to keep track of how the squad develops and the season summary at the beginning can be hard for a new manager to do because he wants to just rush on with playing.

I cant even rember the Username for the old one :D

Once i finished reading your posts i worked out that you wasn't playng, you said somewhere about whoever takes over should do....

Most of the words I write will be splet ( < ;) ) wrong.

I cant even rember the Username for the old one :D

Once i finished reading your posts i worked out that you wasn't playng, you said somewhere about whoever takes over should do....

Most of the words I write will be splet ( < ;) ) wrong.

Well you better buck your ideas up then. lol

You remember what the deal was when I originally signed you up on here. No texspeak and you must try with spelling an punctuation, (and of course we have our resident teacher dafuge to give you detention if you misbehave). lol

Will it be ok if I use the links that are up ( for the monkeys, posted by jimbokav ) and say what i think about each player?

And dad, your link for de Vries takes me to the pic of senior.

Cheers H. I'll change that one in a minute. Let me know if I get any others mixed up.

When giving us feed-back on the players, remember that we are the 2nd best team in the Premiership and lookking to do the Premiership and Champions League double this season.

DC Squad List.

DC Assistant Reports.

The first thing that strikes me about Nonato is that 15 yellow cards and 1 red card is pretty poor for 37(1) appearances. That's just me being negative though and he looks simply awesome. The 20 year old wonderkid has already represented Brazil twice and although he has a worldwide reputation, his personallity is classed as realist so that may aid us in the future. Seems a snip at the £8.25M to me. He's not the sharpest tool in the box though as he still only has a basic grasp of the English language after 18 months here.

Diego can play anywhere across the back 4 but looks far more like a centre-half than a full-back. Despite his 13 caps for Brazil, he doesn't look top class to me. There is no doubt that that he can do a job for us though and is perfect as regular substitute due to his versatility.

Now Melvin is a proper centre-half. His job is to stop others playing, not to fanny about with the ball himself. As far as I'm concerned he should be the first name on the team-sheet. I'm surprised that he only made 16 league starts last season, but it looks like he was an ever-present in Europe so maybe he was rested after each European effort.

Kieran Smith made 10 Premiership starts last season. When you consider that is only 5 short of Melvin it shows that he was deemed an important player last season. He is decent, without being outstanding. Certainly someone who can do a job, but if he plays 10 league games again then don't be surprised if we finish Runners Up again.

God I had high hopes of Fernando, (and that's why I splashed £5M on him when £5M was a lot of money). Unfortunately he has only made 9(3) league appearances in the last 3 seasons and as such has failed to develop at all. We have 2 more years left on his initial contract so I would send him out on loan next season to see if regular senior football can bring him on some. We've really missed out here I think, but maybe it's not too late to salvage at least some cash.

Aaron (2029) is the best prospect to be promoted from the academy 2 seasons ago. He is still looking pretty raw and desperately needs senior exposure to help him develop. He is currently rated only good enough to play in League 2, but the coaches think he has the potential to develop into a Premiership player and I think we should help him achieve that. We need to send him out on loan each season and see how things go.

Rich (2028) was the best prospect to come through the academy 3 seasons ago. Not only does he need to go on loan but we also need to be able to recall him if he is not being played. Loaning players out is not enough. We need to ensure that thay are playing regularly.

I only really signed Ismael to keep Manuel & Fernando company. He was always going to be a snip at £75K, but even I didn't think the £3.3M that he is now. The coaches think that he is good enough to play in the Premiership and I have no issues with that, (just as long as it is for someone else other than Blyth). He is contracted to 2034 so once again we need to send him out on loan, ensure that he gets game-time and then review the situation at the end of the season. WIth regular football I have a feeling that we might see some significant development in terms of his valuation.

Stefan Viitala was just signed to earn some cash. I signed him on a free and he is now valued at £2.9M so I guess we can safely say that he has already achieved that. He's had a decent season at Sparta Prague but doesn't look like challenging for our senior team. We should either look to flog him now or send him on loan for 1 more season and then flog him. Either way he should be looked at as a big pile of notes rather than a potential player.

Maybe Miguel Chavez wasn't one of my better signings but at least he was cheap. I only played £3k for the Paraguayan International and he is about to complete his 3rd season on loan in Bulgaria. As a result I think we could see a rise in his valuation as he becomes a more saleable assett. He has 1 year remaining on his contract so we need to look at selling him to bring in some funds.

17 year old Abdul Rahman Fallatah was promoted from the Blyth academy last season and has just spent this season on loan in League 2. He has represented Iraq 4 times at senior level but seems to have slipped out of consideration while on loan at Ramsgate. I'm a sentimental old goat but there is no getting away from it. He really has to be shown the door.

Summary.

Well we have 2 top, top, top top DC's in Melvin and Nonato. Diego is not quite as good but his versatility, (in that he can also play at both sides of ful-back), mean that he will be invaluble to us. Earlier on I suggested that he might be an option to play at DR to cover Manuel when he is knackered, but I think we need to keep him in the specialist role as reserve defender. Kieran Smith isn't World Class and is never going to be, but he gives us 4 good DC's without having to rely on youngsters. As the Spaniards don't seem to have developed as hoped, (for whatever the reason), I would probably be looking to go and sign another senior DC. I am very aware that we have only come across 1 decent English player so far. Could we splash the cash on the best English U21 DC? I think we certainly need something in this area.

[Edit]

The de Vries pic should now be the right one.

Goalkeepers.

Lafita looks great and at only 27, for a goalkeeper, he has a good 5 years remaining.

Joshua Moogan looks decent as a backup, but a 32 year old back up is not ideal. We would prefer a young backup, meaning when he gets a few games each season he will be getting better, and once lafita is to old to play he will be able to take over.

Josh looks good other than his poor positioning rating. Good enough for us to get a bit of money, but not good enough to get into the team.

I prefer Rodrigo than Josh but still dosen't look anywhere to being as good as lafita. He is 20 though, but i still dont think he will turn into anything special.

Ilpo Salonen

Bobby

Summary -

2 goalkeepers, look good, and Josh and Rodrigo, look , decent for backup. Not sure about Bobby or Ilpo Salonen.

Defender Left.

Kvist looks good, only problems being... Positioning going down and only being on 13 ( might just be because of lack of games during pre season? ( im not sure how long since season ended ) marking on 12 and finialy dribbling on 7 and going down (meaning he wont be great at going forward) but otherwise, looks alright.

Raimundo, has a GREAT name :p. To me he looks ike a DC... Heading 17, marking 15, tackling 19, jumping 16. Might be worth retraining him there? But i feel he is a better DL than kvist.

Gareth Abbott

Nick Anisi

Summary -

Looks a bit weak. Only because i can only see 2 players, and say 1 gets injured and 1 is on international duty :thdn:, if eaither one of the other 2 are any good it should be alright.

Defender right.

I realy like Manuel, Just looks great.

Ivan Suarez Alvarez looks Great for the future. Only problem could be his physical attributes.

Rothwell, looks good other than his low positioning. Another right back who looks like they will have a great future.

Senior , 34 years old so shouldn't realy get in abouve these youngsters who look good (Rothwell and Ivan Suarez Alvarez). From his name though, he is a club legend? Would be good to sign him on as a coach.

Andy Brown

Bjorkman

Jepsen

Darren Finch

Summary -

Defender right looks Good for now and Great for the future.

Defender Centre.

Nonato *, looks AMAZING! Should play everygame he is fit in IMO.

Diego, another cool name ;) , looks good again. His only down side being his pace of 13.

Melvin. Looks As good if not better than nonato, I think that says it all.

Kieran Smith. Looks alright for back up, but if the other 3 are fit i dont think there should even be a look-in for him.

Fernando

Aaron (2029)

Rich (2028)

Ismael

Stefan Viitala

Miguel Chavez

Abdul Rahman Fallatah

Summary -

DC already looks very strong, even with only 4 players I dont have a clue about the others.

-----------------------------------

When Dad puts pics up for differnt positions should i write a new message or Edit this one? When he puts up pics for players in these positions i am just going to edit and write next to their name.

Thanks

H

ML Squad List.

ML Assistant Reports.

Well we seem to have lots of options on the left flank, but many of them are better in other positions. Jennings is the Superstar AMC, Kvist is about as much a winger as Frank Quedrue, (he's not, just in case you don't know), Snelling is better on the right than he is on the left, as is Singh, not to mention that his contract is about to expire and he doesn't want to renew it! How have we let that happen?:mad:Gomes is also another "righty" and was never really meant to be part of the playing staff. He was just Jimbo's version of a Premium bond, (except that in this case a £90K outlay gives you a return of £4.2M). Nick Anisi is the 22 year old Kiwi with all the International Caps who I included in the DL section,

But that still leaves us with a few options. I remember back in the day when I had to make do with Soares and an academy product. You recent Monkey managers don't know how easy you have had it. lol

So first up we have Jan Vyskoc. I recognise the name from the reports but I'm aware that the recent Monkey managers have liked to play both Snelling and Singh so there hasn't been much room for a natural lefty. I like him, even if he wouldn't be my first choice. He does what he is paid to do. He is left footed, (which helps for a start), and he has all the right decent stats in all the right areas. I love players with good determination, workrate, teamwork and technique, and he also chips in with decent dribbling and crossing. His physical stats look decent, (but not amazing), and he leaves me wondering what I could get out of him. He made 12(9) appearances this season, which was fewer than the 24(5) he made last season, (without ever really impressing in either season). With the influence of AMC Jennings I wonder is 1 possible reason for this that we are playing through the middle rather than down the flanks as we did in my day. I like Vyskoc but he will need to improve on the last couple of seasons if he wants to get into Dava's good books I think.

Marcial was another bit of Jimbo investment banking, (I think). Signed on a free he is now walued at £2.4M. 34 Spanish U21 Caps hint at least at some promise, but his appearances suggest that much of that promise may have been wasted. Don't get me wrong, he's not useless, and the scouts say he could play in the Premiership. All I'm saying is that it should be for us.

This really breaks my heart to see this. i signed Vaughan and I had high hopes for him. He had problems with injuries though and I sort of took a liking to Soares so he never really got the game-time he deserved, and yet I wasn't keen to get him out on loan. I must tae responsibility for stunting his development because stunt it I surely did. There is nothing left to develop now I think and we need to just get rid and cut out losses on the £2.5M that I splashed out on him, (£2.5M was a lot of money back then).:o

Who the hell is Shaun Brunskill? Never heard of him? He's made 1 appearance for us in the last 2 seasons after signing for £775K from Man City. He's spent most of the time out on loan at Peterborough in the Championship, (where he has performed poorly). I don't like him at all, (poor flair and acceleration), so I would show him the door asap.

Summary.

Well that didn't go too well. All the best players in this section are better in other positions and we are left with choosing between Vyskoc and......... a right winger.:( That's not good at all. We've had this problem since we were prmomoted to the Premiership as far as I can tell, and nobody has managed to solve it. Me and www2 both liked Soares, (and he did well for us before someone sold him, grrrr PaulH), but conners, bramble, PaulH, Bermy and now Spartan have all failed to fix our ML problem, (and let's be honest, me and www2 reakky inky managed a short fix rather than a permanent solution). I would say that it is our weakest area of the team so far by far. If we have another right winger which allows Snelling to play on the left then that is short term fix, but playing one of our best players out of position is not ideal either.

We need to go and splash the cash on a QUALITY AML, Actually I would like us to go and buy an AML and a slightly more defensive ML too.

When Dad puts pics up for differnt positions should i write a new message or Edit this one? When he puts up pics for players in these positions i am just going to edit and write next to their name.

Thanks

H

When you do it H, just delete the ones that you aren't commenting on. (It makes it easier to read).

Also, if you quote my post rather than copying and pasting, you quote the pics too.

MR Squad List.

MR Assistant Reports.

So now we are into the land dominated for so long by Snelling and the always injured Singh. As Singh appears to be leaving on a Bosman I am guessing we will be short of strength here.

Snelling is quality. I nicked him off Derry City for only £100,000 and he soon became our first wonderkid. The truth however is that I actually preferred Singh when I first bought them, and Snelling was initially only signed as back-up. Singh's injury issues, (ongoing it seems), and Snellings workrate and application towards the defensive side of his role, soon saw him take the lead role. He has never looked back since and is now one of the first names on the team-sheet.

Oooh I like this bloke.:thup:Joe Marrow is a 33 year old versatile midfielder. He is good across the board but has some phenomenal mental attributes. His best position is MC but as I have a feeling quite a few of the Monkey managers favour a DM and an AMC I am sticking him in the MR section where he is needed, (allowing Snelling freedom to fill our ML void). Signed for only £3M from Charlton last year, Spartan pulled off a master-stroke signing this guy. Excellent player. Who cares how old he is and that he is not going to get better. he is ready for the here and now. An important squad player.

So the truth is out. When I initially signed Snelling he was actually only signed as understudy to Lewis Singh.:o Snelling turned out to be top class and Singh turned out to be an unjury prone numpty. Oh well, 1 out of 2 isn't bad I suppose. Even now Singh looks good but the simple fact remains is that he just doesn't seem to perform. Whenever I wanted/needed to call upon him he always seemed to be either injured or just getting over an injury and since then from what I have read from the upddates nothing seems to have changed.

Looking at his injury history........

2 torn calf muscles.

2 damaged heels.

1 strained wrist.

2 stubbed toes (what a girl!)

2 groin strains.

2 twisted knees,

2 bruised shins.

1 damaged knee-cap.

1 bruised thigh.

1 gashed arm.

and 1 bruised rib.

He's only 22 and has played less than 90 league games in his career.:rolleyes: It really doesn;t take a brain-surgeon, (or even a physiotherapist), to realise that this guy will always have long term injury issues. Enough said I think. No doubt that he is a hell of a player. If I was managing I would throw money at him in an attempt to get him to sign a new contract, and then flog him.

Richard Cummings looks more like SC to me so I will include him in that section.

Academy product Danny McCabe may be only 16 but we already know that he is never going to make it.

Jon Inge Haugen is a Norwegian who I signed as a teenager in the hope of making a few quid profit. Despite loan periods in League 1 & League 2 he hasn't really developed and to top it all we forgot to either sell him or renew his contract, (which is about to expire), so he will have actually cost us money. :(

Daniel Elder is a 29 year old Welsh International. We signed him on a free 2 seasons ago and he has spent this season on loan at Premiership Blackburn. He's not rubbish, but he's not good enough for us either. He is valued at £2M now so I would get rid and make a nice profit and find someone who deserves a Premiership medal.

Summary.

Well we have Snelling and Marrow, (which is great), and secretly I am dying for Dava to re-sign Singh and get out of him what none of the rest of us were able to do. I know there is an outstanding player in there dying to get out. We just need to keep him fit long enough to show it. As that is not very likely, and as Marrow is 33, and as the strength in depth seems particularly poor in this area, (even without factoring that we need Snelling to play on the left), I would suggest that we are in pretty dire need of a MR to go with our ML.

MC Squad List.

MC Assistant Reports.

This is a bit of s strange section. Because there should bd such a wide range of type of player in her I will split it up into 3 sections and then allocate each player into a section, (either DM, MC or AMC).

DM

Marcos Henriquez is a 26 year old El Salvador International, (and National team captain). He looks good and the only negatives I can see are his average determination and that he has a PPM of "tries killer balls often", which is not really ideal for a DM who you want to play a defensive role. He didn;t feature often this season as Spartan opted for a flat 4 in midfield, but Bermy played with DM and an AMC the season before and Henriquez did well. He is certainly a more than decent squad player and will prove invaluble to anyone playing with a DM.

Stamekovic has done his 3 years in Bulgaria and got his passport stamped and he has just spent the last season at Championship side Bimingham. He looks decent, but not great, but remember we signed him on a free and we are only paying him £2k per week, so let's not be picky. If he appeared from the bench this season then it wouldn't be a disaster, but I honetly don;t think he is going to make it and we might as well cash in on him now.

Frank Jansen is a 20 your old Dutchman with 23 U21 caps. I like the look of his physical and technical stats, but he is a little let down my his mental attributes. Maybe they will improve with experience and maybe he is just not that great. We only signed him in January, (on a free), and he is currently worth £2.7M so I think Spartan has done some nice business here. We have better options in this area so even though I like Frank I would send him out on loan.

Dominic Crompton is a 17 year old academy product. They think he will eventually play in the Premiership but it shouldn't be for us.

Ciaran Phillips is another 17 year old academy product. He will necer play higher than the Championship.

Bjarnason might have more Icelandic caps than he is years old, but he is still never going to cut it as a Monkey. We should get rid of him any way we can. He's a drain on resources.

MC

I think it was Bramble who signed Andriy for a paltry £575,000. He bloomin rocks now! Although he played fewer league games this season than last, I think he has become and important member of the squad. He played in 12 European games and I think his fewer leage appearances may be as a result of his poor fitness rating, (which is a shame). Might I suggest that if he is not capable of playing twice a week this season then he should play in the league and be rested in Europe.

Jose Antonio seems like the 100th teenage Spaniard that has arrived at Blyth since our promotion to the Premiership. We have made a bit of a shambles of most the others so maybe this guy wll be different. Considering this is hs 4th season he looks weak physically, and a PPM of "likes to play his way out of trouble" combined with a decisions attribute in single figures is a little dangerous to say the least. Still, we signed him on a free so nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

Ryland Rawlinson is yet another academy product who needs to be set free to find his level. Simply never going to be good enough.

AMC

We paid £13.75M to Bordeaux for Tommy Jennings and as far as I am concerned he is worth every penny. I would have been put off sigining a midfielder with such weak physical agttributes in some areas but it shows how little I know. If we plan on playing an AMC tactic them probably our most important player.

Abdul Tetteh was spoken of highly my previous Monkey managers and I can see why. If Jennings gets injured then we can slot Tetteh straight in without a care in the World. He also has a PPM that I simply love. "Places shots".

Connor Kendall is a 20 year old Irishman on loan at League 2 Ramsgate for the season, Doen't particulary impress me and probably never will. He spent time on loan at Championship side Wycombe the season before and didn;'t impress there either. Need to let him fly the coup I think. At least we didn't pay a fee for him.

Claudio Buananno is a 22 year old Italian. We signed him on a free from Roma last year, (where he was playing regularly in the senior team),but to be honest I don't think he has the required quality to make it at Blyth. He has 2 years emaining on his contract though so we might as ell keep him for another season, (ideally out on loan either in the Championship or at another Premiershp club), just to give him the chance to develop.

Adam Ball is a 17 year old academy product. Again, he is never going to make it so let's put him out of his misery.

Summary.

Well if we are playing with a DM and an AMC then I think we are laughing. We seem to be set up in both areas nicely. If however we are playing with 2 MC's, (as I think Spartan did), then I'm not sure that we are playing to the squads strengths. Of course we have players that can do a job at MC, (and Andriy will excell there), but our real strength in the middle of the pitch comes from Jennings and Tetteh. Dava should be strongly encouraged to favour an AMC tactic simply to make the most out of these 2 guys. Very impressive.:thup:

October

The last match of September was actually October's first

Arsenal 2-2 Braintree - We came back froom 2-0 down to draw - an achievement in a difficult match. Griffin scored his first goal for us in a great solo effort, and Ford equalised late on. van Dijk (a target of mine in previous seasons) got sent off seconds after coming on for a 2 footed tackle.

Champions League

Grasshopper 0-2 Braintree - An easy match, Funes and Munro sealing the game for us.

League

Braintree 3-0 Stoke - Ferreira grabbed 2 early goals and effectively killed the game - we dominated and Stoke faltered and awarded us a penalty which Fumagalli converted.

Braintree 1-1 Everton - A disappointing but fair draw in a dirt game. Ferreira scored for us but thst was it, and Everton equalised later on.

Will post a table with the November update

I take it no one has taken the save over then?

Jimbo thanks alot for the squad up-date, always good to get another guys look at things. I would appreciate it if you finish off the Striker up-date, time permitting, too.

Just to let you all know I've started to download the file, will probs take a hour or so.. might have a poke about tonight but will probably start tomorrow after work. Looking at the up-dates you've posted we have ALOT of choice, I am one for a 24 man squad and a couple of youthies kciking about just in case.... so I imagine I will want to shift a fair amount of the team.

I will let you guys know on anyone I will be looking to sell and buy and will provide much more detailed up-dates than in previous saves... I won't be doing a screenshot for every match though, that's a bit too much hard work for me.

I take it no one has taken the save over then?

Jimbo thanks alot for the squad up-date, always good to get another guys look at things. I would appreciate it if you finish off the Striker up-date, time permitting, too.

Just to let you all know I've started to download the file, will probs take a hour or so.. might have a poke about tonight but will probably start tomorrow after work. Looking at the up-dates you've posted we have ALOT of choice, I am one for a 24 man squad and a couple of youthies kciking about just in case.... so I imagine I will want to shift a fair amount of the team.

I will let you guys know on anyone I will be looking to sell and buy and will provide much more detailed up-dates than in previous saves... I won't be doing a screenshot for every match though, that's a bit too much hard work for me.

well you missed a lot that has since been deleted. Basically, funbags downloaded the save and then said he wanted to blow 100M on a Left back. I as well as a few others told him that that would be completely ridiculous and to not do it. He went ahead and did it. Many Monkeys then said his decision was completely ridiculous, others from outside of the sign up/the softies team questioned his decision. He then claimed he was the manager and he makes the signings. More outrage/amazement from everyone else followed. People questioned him after he continually called this left back the 'best player in the world'. Eventually dafuge questioned why he had not listened to anyone on the monkeys team. He then said he ignored Paul 'windowlicker' Hartman (:D) and felt that the player completed our team. He was then eventually called a cheat, someone looked at the guy he signed ca/pa and it was the highest in the game iirc. funbags got banned for about two weeks for the window licker thing but then came back under the new alias 'window licker'. He then proceeded to post screenshots of Blyth's information and players from FMRTE & Genie Scout. Then somebody contacted a mod and Purefun, ended funabags' fun. All of the posts from that incident were deleted.

Archived