Wallace v Roberts 2009

Cummins and Pearson are "No"s from me.

Can you get a report on Coppens to see if he has potential to get better or not? Because I don't think he's quite good enough at the moment, but if he has significant potential, it might be worth it.

I'd go for O'Brien, personally, then Alvarez.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of them are amazing players, but if I had to I'd go for Alvarez. O'Brien would be a bad choice imo as he has a natural fitness, which for a wide player is really not going to help him, and he's already 29 so we'd be better off not wasting 5M + on him. At least with Alvarez we could probably make a profit in a couple of years.

Alvarez. Poor flair for an attacking wide man.:thdn:

Pearson. Not bad, but not exactly going to replace either of our 2 right-sided wonderkids.

O'Brien looks pretty average but I guess he could do a job in a dominant team when given lots of posession. I wouldn't fancy playing him much away from home when we are up against it though.

Coppens. I like the look of him, (and at 21 we might even be able to turn a profit on him). First one that I have seen that I would give the :thup: for.

Zacharias. Another :thup: from me purely based on the fact that at that age we could get him in for a few months and let him do the best we can and then ship him off again next season, (possibly making a profit).

Cummins. Looks more like a SC than an AMR. It's a :thdn: from me I'm afraid.

Catalano. Not good enough physically. Lets not even mention flair.

Are we short of money or is your Ass Man hiding all the good players again?

Here is the rest of the month replayed:

League Match #14: Saturday November 23, 2030 15:00

Reading v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Smith, Raimundo, Buonanno, Andriy, Singh, Vyskoc, Puckett, Henriksen Subs: Jennings (Buonanno), KdV (Henriksen), Tetteh (Singh)

We travel to Reading, looking to get back on track after a couple of blips on our radar. Vyskoc runs down the left side and crosses in and finds Puckett's head for a 43rd minute goal to put us up 1-0 at the half. Roberts equalises off a corner in the 57th minute. In the 79th minute, Singh needs to come off with an injury. PUckett missed a chance in the 91st minute to win the match, and we end in a disappointing draw.

MOM: Roberts (Reading)

Champions League Match #5: Tuesday November 26, 2030 19:45

Young Boys v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Tetteh, Andriy, Marcial, Vyskoc, Henriksen, KdV Subs: Puckett (Henriksen), Marrow (Tetteh)

We travel to Switzerland needing a victory and some help from Barcelona to have a shot of advancing in this tournament but a draw will see us through to the Europa League. Abdul Tetteh gives us a lead with a shot from 30 yards out in the 17th minute. We are looking more likely to build on our lead then they are to equalise but we will see what happens in the second half. Marcial is trying prove to us that we don't need to sign anyoe ashe finds KdV for a 2-0 lead. We hold on for a 2-0 victory and hope that Barcelona did their job in Germany.

MOM: Tetteh

League Match #15: Saturday November 30, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Aston Villa

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Tetteh, Andriy, Marcial, Jennings, Puckett, KdV Subs: Henriksen (KdV), Marrow (Tetteh)

After a midweek vicoty in Switzerland, we play host to Aston Villa. Puckett finds unlikely goal scorer, Kvist, in the box for a goal in the run of play, and its 1-0. Manuel finds KdV on a free kick and its 2-0. KdV takes a shot and the rebound falls right to Jennings who finishes for the 3-0 lead. Marcial receives a pass from Jennings and plays it off Parsons for an own goal, he really wants to stay in the lineup. A rather pedestrian second half sees the match end the same way the first half did, with Blyth up 4-0.

MOM: Jennings (4)

League Table

CL Table

Young Player of the Month

Simone Signorelli- Juventus

I know his physical stats aren't the best, but our scout raves about him

If we can get him for a decent price, then I'd sign him for investment potential. That should get better over time, and even if it doesn't get good enough to trust him in our first team, he has 'wonderkid' writen all over him. Will be worth a LOT in a few years, guaranteed.

Definite signing, IMO.

According to coach reports both Lee Dennis and Steve Ford are both rated CA of 6 stars, our two best players. Lee Dennis has really come on well over the last few weeks and is revelling in the AMC role (due to Monroe's injury) so it's not all bad.

According to coach reports both Lee Dennis and Steve Ford are both rated CA of 6 stars, our two best players. Lee Dennis has really come on well over the last few weeks and is revelling in the AMC role.

I'm not surprised about Steve Ford but Lee Dennis is a bit of a shock. I signed him thinking he would be a versatile backup player at best.

Quite pleased to hear that actually :thup:

Southern Softies - End of October update:

Wednesday 2nd October 2030 - Champions Cup Group C - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 4-1 Schalke

Lee Dennis was the star of the show, and as early as the 3rd minute we got a free kick outside their box, Lee Dennis curled round the wall into the top corner of the net. Oscar Funes put a low cross into the box for Dennis to latch onto for his second on 28 minutes, and 6 minutes later he scored what was almost a carbon copy of his second from another cross from Funes. Funes got a hat trick of assists on 77 minutes as Steve Ford put the ball into the net this time from another low cross. Schalke got a consolation on 80 minutes but it was too late.

Saturday 5th October 2030 - Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 1-0 Newcastle

It wasn't a vintage performance but we deserved to win the game. We had enough chances to kill the game off and when Fumagalli was sent off for his second booking I was actually still confident we could do it. With a man short in midfield we pushed forward and Steve Ford had the chance to win it and did with a cool finish. I then put another man back in midfield to hold on to the win.

Saturday 19th October 2030 - Premier League - Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough 1-2 Braintree

This result was no mean feat with Middlesbrough actually predicted to win the league, we started well and on 15 minutes Steve Ford rounded a defender before finishing well to make it 1-0. A penalty was awarded on 41 minutes after Steve Ford was brought down for our first penalty of the season, Oscar Funes scored the resulting kick. So 2-0 at half time and the second half it was all Middlesbrough and it was only for some excellent saves from Wilson that kept us in the game. It was a tense finish as they scored just after half time through Lee Graham and even with 10 men they went for it and caused us problems.

Wednesday 23rd October 2030 - Champions Cup Group C - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 3-0 Legia

We were never troubled at all in this game and the scoreline reflects that, we dominated possession and they only had a couple of shots off target. It took us 28 minutes to score the first, Steve Ford played an excellent ball into the box for Funes to run onto and finish very well. After half time Sorenson scored with a thunderbolt from the edge of the area for the second and on 87 minutes Terziev took on 2 defenders before basting it home for an excellent goal.

Sunday 27th October 2030 - Premier League - White Hart Lane, London

Tottenham 0-1 Braintree

This was another difficult away game and thanks to an excellent diving header from who else, Steve Ford. We kept possession well and just about deserved to hang on despite both keepers playing well, it could have been a higher scoring game. I was disappointed to ose two players to injury, Terziev is ok but Fumagalli is out for a couple of weeks.

Wednesday 30th October 2030 - Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 1-1 Stoke

We had the best possible chance to end the month with a 100% record and blew it. We had much the better of the play which is expected and Brian Alexander scored with a header from a corner, but our dominance failed to get more goals. As time was running out I was confident of holding on but a deadly counter attack from Stoke in the dying moments resulted in a goal and I'm fuming.

League Table

CL Table

Award: Steve Ford was awarded the young player of the month and Lee Dennis was third, also Danny Roberts was awarded the manager of the month.

Thanks everyone, unfortunately we still have to beat Schalke away to be certain of winning the group as Inter's last game is home to Legia, which I can't see them failing to win. Here's hoping for a good draw in the next round whether we finish first or second. :)

Southern Softies - End of November update:

Saturday 2nd November 2030 - Premier League - Loftus Road, London

Q.P.R. 0-1 Braintree

Yet another difficult away game against QPR who are above us on goal difference, and in the end a sending off for QPR made life a bit easier for us. We scored not long after the sending off with another long range effort from Brian Alexander. We deserved to win the game in the end and did everything but score another goal.

Tuesday 5th November 2030 - Champions Cup Group C - Wojska Polskiego, Warszawa

Legia 1-3 Braintree

We started brightly and were the better team for the whole match. However 30 minutes into the game we still hadn't scored and a break away for Legia found Robinson unmarked in the box with a hint of offside that wasn't given and he put the ball away for a shock lead. Luckily we equalised straight away, an excellent cross from Terziev found Lee Dennis at the far post and he volleyed it home. Just after half time the ball was ut into their box and Steve Ford headed it down to Dennis to score his second of the game. It was utter dominance for us at this point as we hit the woodwork three times before an Alexander long range shot was parried by their 'keeper into the path of Terziev to get him a deserved goal.

Saturday 9th November 2030 - Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 1-1 Sunderland

Again, 2 points dropped at home. It was really their keeper that kept them in the match as we had 5 clear cut chances and only took one of them, that's not good enough. We should have been 2-0 up within 7 minutes but it wasn't until the 21st minute when Ford ran onto a pass from Dennis to slot the ball into the net. To give Sunderland credit they did press for an equaliser and after 68 minutes after some shocking defending the ball fell to Lee Duncan who had an easy finish.

Wednesday 13th November 2030 - League Cup 4th Round - St. Andrews, Birmingham

Birmingham 1-1 Braintree (aet, 3-4 on penalties)

To say we should have won this in normal time is an understatement, we were all over Birmingham. Somehow it took until 54 minutes for Lee White to find the net from a cross from Funes. Completely against the run of play they had their first chance and scored, this was in the 67th minute. Despite our continued domination there were no more goals, and the game wet to penalties. Luckily Grant Wilson was on form and he saved two of their penalties for us to scrape through 4-3.

Sunday 17th November 2030 - Premier League - Elland Road, Leeds

Leeds 0-2 Braintree

We got off to a flyer in this game after 6 minutes when Terziev dinked the ball into the 6 yard box and Steve Ford met the ball with his head. Steve Ford was again looking dangerous when he was brought down in the box and penalty expert Fumagalli scored to make it 2-0. Leeds played some good football but couldn't create any clear chances and we held on well.

Saturday 23rd November 2030 - Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 2-0 Nottingham Forest

A home game against the bottom side should be pretty comfortable but we weren't entirely convincing today. Lee Dennis who has got a few in Europe scored his first two league goals of the season for a 2-0 win. Funnily enough both goals were absolutely identical with Terziev crossing low to the far post for Dennis to put the ball away in clinical fashion.

Wednesday 27th November 2030 - Champions Cup Group C - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 6-1 Inter

Where do I start, what a fantastic win but the score doesn't really tell the whole story as Inter had more possession and more chances. It was just a masterclass in finishing from us, with Lee Dennis the star yet again in Europe. His first on 15 minutes was a placed shot from the edge of the area after a lay off from Steve Ford, just 3 minutes later it was Ford again who set up Dennis for his second, and his third was something special as he beat two defenders before scoring from an impossible angle to complete a hat-trick within 19 first half minutes. Inter scored next after 64 minutes and I thought the come back was on so I went a bit more defensive to try and hold on. I needn't have worried when Brian Alexander scored a wonderful curled free kick on 77 minutes and in the 89th minute beat the 'keeper at his near post after a pass from Terziev. Between Alexanders goals a Terziev cross was put into his own net by £30m rated Scottish defender Dave Smith.

Saturday 30th November 2030 - Premier League - Madejski Stadium, Reading

Reading 0-0 Braintree

This was no easy game as Reading are flying high in 3rd place, and we were actually going for our 6th away win in a row. It was not to be as we were actually very lucky to go away with a 0-0 draw in the end. It needed to be a good defensive display as most of their shots were blocked and they had no clear chances, and in the end it was Lee Dennis who caused problems but couldn't find the killer ball or finish.

League Table: Despite us losing points in seemingly easy home games our away record means were still up there.

CL Table: The final fixtures are: Inter vs Legia and Schalke vs Braintree, with us needing a win to guarantee first place (unless Inter win 10-0 of course).

Player of the month: Lee Dennis isn't only doing well in Europe, he's performing in the league as well. Steve Ford won young player again and Danny Roberts was second in the manager of the month.

Kevin Grace (DC) - Scout Report

Lee Griffin (AMR) - Scout Report

Don Murphy (GK) - Scout Report

Adam Jones (ST) - Scout Report

Frank Price (D/WBL) - Scout Report

Mark Bell (D/DM/MC) - Scout Report

Jonjo Street (DC) - Scout Report

Alex Wright (MLC) - Scout Report

I would definately like to sign Wright, though he may be costly but we have money to spend. Also Lee Griffin as a backup/replacement for Terziev, again will be costly.

Ok, I've made some bids:

Kevin Grace - £2.4m

Adam Jones - £2.4m

Mark Bell - £9.5m :eek:

Frank Price - £8m, but when I offer a contract Ass Man says only good signing and he wants £29,500 pw. :eek:

Lee Griffin - £4m, again only good signing.

Jonjo Street - £3m

Alex Wright - £9m, I'm going to go for it.

Don Murphy - £1.2m, again may go for it as we don't have any young keepers.

Young English players, I like the sound of this.

Here's what I think:

Grace - he's got a lot of improvement left in him, if that price the scout is quoting is right, sign him. It might be a struggle for him to get in the team at first but he's going to be great.

Griffin - pretty much exactly what I've just said for Grace, great looking signing.

Murphy - I'm a bit wary of bringing in young goalies, if they are not going to be made number 1 early they usually don't make it. No doubt he could be good, but it would be hard work to get him there.

Jones - his natural fitness is quite low but as a rotation striker he could be great.

Price - yet another great looking prospect, looks a bit more expensive.

Bell - jumping and marking too low for me, not as good as Grace.

Street - he looks even better than Grace, if that price is right we would be silly not to buy him.

Wright - I'm not a fan of MCs so I'm not too sure about him, I'm guessing he'll be expensive though.

Overall, some fantastic looking signings, exactly the sort of players I look to bring in when I'm playing :thup:

Ok, based on those prices then:

Kevin Grace - worth buying

Adam Jones - worth buying

Mark Bell - forget it

Frank Price - not worth it unless he will get played regularly soon

Lee Griffin - get another scout report with the same scout, if he keeps his opinion then buy him

Jonjo Street - get him

Alex Wright - I wouldn't, but only because I don't use MCs, I'm not due up soon so go for it.

Don Murphy - at that price, get him

It's a difficult one and I wonder if anyone has actually worked out how much they are making from each link. For the record last months merchandising made £995,227, it may be interesting to follow it and see how much it increases. I would assume the highest fee would go to the biggest club, and may not necessarily mean that it would make the biggest profit.

I lost everything that I had written in game by game analysis so this will be all the screenshots for the month

December

League Match #16

Fulham v. Blyth

MOM: Puckett (2)

Champions League Match #6

Blyth v. FC Bayern

MOM: Marrow

League Match #17

Blyth v. Bolton

MOM: Henriksen

League Match #18

Tottenham v. Blyth

MOM: Manuel

League Match #19

Blyth v. Leicester

MOM: Puckett (3)

League Match #20

Blyth v. Sunderland

MOM: Manuel (2)

League Table

CL Table (We have drawn Juventus in the next round)

Squad Stats

World Team of the Year

Defender of the Year

Goalkeeper of the Year

Young Player of the Month

Archived