The Liverpool Thread 05/06 - Former Champions of Europe

Justified

• Replies 40.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this draw looks good but we were never going to be in any real trouble before the third round, given the fact we were seeded.

Things should be more interesting in the third round (should we make that of course) as there the non seeds are also pretty good.

And do we really need three threads? maybe they should be merged or closed or something but this is rather confusing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Filip Smet:

And do we really need three threads? maybe they should be merged or closed or something but this is rather confusing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the only open one icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

ah fuck

it should at least of been one of the regulars who opened the thread.

totally.lame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stfu, if you had nothing to moan about, you'ld moan about that too. What does it matter who starts the thread once it's done right, like this one was.

Fair play Justified, you've made a name for yourself after 2 years.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

Do you think meeting TNS sets us up to meet Everton in the 3rd round. I love consipiracies btw icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sending the toffees packing would be lovely icon_biggrin.gif but i'd rather we didn't get them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

Do you think meeting TNS sets us up to meet Everton in the 3rd round. I love consipiracies btw icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Written in the stars icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eoghan_M:

If Moreclaw had started it does that mean it would have been a undefeated season or did his touch only work in Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a wise gambler who knows when his luck may run out.

We would have won everything under sun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound like an Everton fan in the late 80's.

I was made up when I heard we'd got Glentoran as I would have went to that game, but I can't afford to be going over to Liverpool next month, even at a tenner a ticket for the game.

Bah!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reds close in on Dutch striker Kuyt

Jun 24 2005

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL'S hopes of landing top striking target Dirk Kuyt have increased significantly.

Sources in Holland claimed the Feyenord striker had travelled to Liverpool to progress negotiations over his dream move to Anfield.

The Reds have been chasing the 29-goal striker for weeks, but the Dutch press reported today that chief executive Rick Parry had begun negotiations with Feyenoord and had actually enjoyed a meal with the player last night.

Nobody from Liverpool was available to comment, but Feyenoord are believed to have already lined up Middlesbrough's Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as a replacement for Kuyt, who has publicly declared he wants to move to the European Champions.

Feyenoord rate Kuyt in the £10m bracket, but the Reds are hoping to persuade the Dutch to accept a player-plus-cash deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcais:

We would have won everything under sun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound like an Everton fan in the late 80's.

I was made up when I heard we'd got Glentoran as I would have went to that game, but I can't afford to be going over to Liverpool next month, even at a tenner a ticket for the game.

Bah! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glentoran? you mean TNS right? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

ah fuck

stfu, if you had nothing to moan about, you'ld moan about that too. What does it matter who starts the thread once it's done right, like this one was.

Fair play Justified, you've made a name for yourself after 2 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not really about who started it, its the fact that if the two people who did start threads had ACTUALLY READ the liverpool thread they would of seen the vast majority of people didnt really want a new one. that thread was fine and open, there really wasnt any need to start a new one.

though admitadly justified did a bit of a better job than peadrico

anyway, glad we got tns, hope we get Torshavn in the second round.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

no he meant Glentoran. That's what came up on the BBC website at 11am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh okay, thats bad from the BBC.

I stated I didn't want a new thread either but the impression I got the last few pages was that everyone was resigned to the fact that there would be a new one and the debate was over who would start it, with Moreclaw being nominated by the majority.

As it happened, someone else started it, done a good job, and Serpico closed the big thread and left this open.

Anyway, I'm glad with TNS too, glad for them too after offering us that play-off when we weren't in the CL officially.

Parry not saying anything as usual icon13.gif One would imagine that momentum will pick up now though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

(ESP)-PARRY CONFIDENT OF FINDING GERRARD SOLUTION

2005-06-24 09:22 (New York)

PARRY CONFIDENT OF FINDING GERRARD SOLUTION

By Carl Markham, PA Sport

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is confident Steven Gerrard will lead the

side out when they begin the defence of their Champions League title at Welsh

side TNS.

UEFA's decision to allow the holders into the competition despite finishing

fifth in the Barclays Premiership was tempered by the fact they had to begin in

the first qualifying round.

That is just over a fortnight away but with speculation still circulating

about Gerrard's future Parry was keen to stress he believed the England

midfielder would commit himself to the club by signing a new contract.

``We want Steven to stay, there is no cause for concern on our part. There is

no delay [on his contract],'' the Reds chief, who was at UEFA headquarters in

Nyon, Switzerland, for today's Champions League draw.

``We have always said we hope Steven will be with us. We want to win trophies,

Steven wants to win trophies and I think captaining us to the European Cup was a

pretty good step in the right direction and nothing has changed since then.''

Liverpool have also been linked with a number of close-season signings and

although none have materialised yet, Parry said there was no panic about rushing

things through to meet Champions League deadlines.

``We are quite happy and we will be making announcements in good time for the

season,'' he said.

``There is no immediate pressure, the announcements will be made when we're

good and ready.'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well TNS should be a nice easy draw and is the best possible for us and them, with minimal travelling etc

Expect Kaunas to put up a decent fight, champions of Lithuania for the last 7 years, some pretty good players there

Should be aice trip anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guiness Ginger:

Swish new thread icon14.gif

I won't complain much, but can a mod change 'official' to the correct spelling please? That's the only thing I don't like about this, I swear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just noticed that myself icon_biggrin.gif

Once you've clocked it it stands out like a sore thumb.

The 'other' 05/06 thread had a spelling error too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Or change it completely to the Liverpool - Champions of Europe Thread 05/06 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. The distinct lack of an 'official' in the title was something I liked about the old thread.

A quote from the HB boss about his sides progress in Europe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"The best we have done is getting to the second qualifying round, but that was only because the team we were supposed to be playing never turned up and we got awarded the tie." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So expect a trip to Lithuania for the second round

ah fuck

The only thing that matters is that it was a Liverpool fan who opened the thread IMO. Its a thread for all Liverpool fans, not just those who spend their lives on these boards icon14.gif

okay, im too ****ed off about the fact fixture lists can be copyrighted to care who started the thread.

though if someone could find a list of all the players we released and/or a full squad list that'd be nice please thank you (im too lazy to go look)

Can't find a squad list as the official site hasn't even made one yet.

I know I said I wouldn't moan, but I should probably raise the question, are we keeping this title? I'd prefer DP's idea although this one's alright. If we do keep the current one, if a mod would kindly change the spelling then I'd be grateful icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

sigh

How about Champions of Europe - The Liverpool Thread 05/06 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That with the two sections swapped around, so it's 'The Liverpool Thread 05/06 - Champions of Europe' obviously icon14.gif

*lifts boycott*

Although we need Bell to come in here pronto and sort out the title. It's bad karma - of feng shue, or whatever that b0llocks is.

Was going to post the Kuyt link but it's already beend one icon14.gif Sounds good.

BTW - Baros may not be everyone's cup of tea, but i'd rather keep him then sign Crouch icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

BTW - Baros may not be everyone's cup of tea, but i'd rather keep him then sign Crouch icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

defo. icon14.gif

Archived