Do you want the full release to be harder than the beta?

Do you want the full release to be harder than the beta?   

510 members have voted

1. 1. This is a genuine question, as from reading the forum this year, it seems that FM21 is even easier than previous versions, and they were already very easy to either win the league every single season with a half-decent team or get six promotions in eight seasons with any lower-league team, both of which are unrealistic.

• Yes, the game is too easy for me, with any team, and would be more fun for the full release to be harder and offer a challenge
    • No, the game is too easy, but I'm happy to overachieve as it's just a game
    • No, the game isn't too easy and I can't win the league every single season with a half-decent team or get six promotions in eight seasons with any lower-league team

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, davidmn27 said:

That's not what I asked, I asked what it meant.. Explain. I'm interested. 

It means that some people want the game to become more restrictive. They do not want players to be able to impose some restrictions on themselves so that they can set the desired level of difficulty. No, those people want the game's producers to impose those restrictions on all players.

3 minutes ago, davidmn27 said:

I'm that case don't you think it would make more sense to make the game a real challenge, difficult, absorbing or whatever you want to call it, out of the box? Then those people who want an easier version have downloable tools and tactics and guides etc to make it easier. Rather than a unchallenging game that you have to make up your own rules or avoid certain features to make it harder??

Im not sniping or trying to be rude. It's a genuine question 

There are enough tools through which players can make their game difficult or very difficult on their own. It is assumed that highly experienced and passionate players have long known those tools.

11 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

You seem to still be struggling so I'm going to try to make it VERY simple for you.

- No one wants the game to be too easy.

- Some of us on this thread, you included, have lots of evidence to indicate that it is too easy. You even posted some really good examples from two of your saves.

- Some other people on this thread, me included, haven't seen evidence personally that the game is too easy. In my case it's because I've not had long to play this version.

- in response to you saying it was too easy, I suggested you uploaded your save for the game developer to review. You said no. You also made a feeble attempt at either abuse or banter, couldn't tell which, in respect of my user name which made you look like a bit of  balloon.

- you now continue to argue it's too easy but refuse to upload evidence to the developer. You also seem annoyed at others because they haven't seen evidence in their own saves that it's too easy.

Just upload your saves.

It's not that anyone disbelieves you, or disagrees. We ALL want the game to be challenging.

But this thread has been full of people for 48 hours who have either been found to have been using known exploits or refuse to upload their saves, which is frankly bizarre.

When you upload a save, what do you actually upload? Is it literally just your save file, or is it specific matches?

Just now, dannysheard said:

When you upload a save, what do you actually upload? Is it literally just your save file, or is it specific matches?

Depends on what they wanna look at. If its a specific match then they'll ask for a PKM for other issues it'll be the save file.

I'd hazard on this that there is probably something fairly standard that people are doing with a role or PI or a combination joined with the passivity of sides when they don't wanna come at ya that is helping to make this ME seem easier. 

On the default tactical settings things seem to play out as they should which means that more investigation is required into peoples' set ups but who plays with them really? I know I don't. The lack of strikers banging them in for non-players sides as well would seem to bear this out. This doesn't mean people are cheating btw. I swear we've been here before with a fairly standard tactical set-up that wasn't default turned out to be OP for a combination of reasons and I'd warrant that the same thing is happening now.

What that is? Who knows. Only save files will save.

12 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

For me mate and nah mate.

Oh ok. Do we all have to read about it again?

Because we already know you'll do really well on it because you're using a tactic that appears to be an exploit.

Can't we just say "well done" now rather than root through page after page of screenshots like last night?

Just now, Junkhead said:

Oh ok. Do we all have to read about it again?

Because we already know you'll do really well on it because you're using a tactic that appears to be an exploit.

Can't we just say "well done" now rather than root through page after page of screenshots like last night?

Its not gonna be page after page, its one image just seeing how tough the challenge was. Relax lad.

7 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Can do either I think. I've uploaded a pkm before but never a whole save. SI will tell you what they would like you to upload 👍

21 minutes ago, Defensive said:

I dont know. Look at this starting XI from Watford in this thread which was posted one hour ago

https://community.sigames.com/topic/537102-way-too-easy-scoring-too-much-goals-savegame-and-unrealistic-matches-included/

I can live with self restrictions and so on. I would even not buy players with certain (too good) attributes. But you should never be able to lead the PL with this starting XI imo.

Managed 5 or 6 mid-table/relegation battling teams on FM 20 and never had this kind of successful season. I stopped playing after taking that screenshot so we don't what could have happened had I played. But the thing is that on FM 20 I could manage to win the league only with Spurs and having Mbappe and Sancho as his back up and nearly all good players in every position at my disposal. Seems not to be the case this time. Don't want this version to become scripted as FM 20 where you could see from the beginning that something is wrong and you are going to lose by conceding one free kick, penalty or something like that but this has got to be handled tbh. 

5 hours ago, johnsie said:

So is FM meant to be a casual game then? I don't get it. Like a managerial FIFA? Let's dangle a bunch of complex looking things to give an impression of sophistication but have the game be a breeze. And for whatever reason there is no compromise or accommodation to be made for players who want a more realistic challenging experience?

If this is the developers' end goal they should just say so. The "data" is on their side apparently so no shame there.

Way to intentionally misrepresent my post.

I take it you were not actually interested in genuine discussion about game difficulty and just wish to let off steam. May I recommend going outside instead?

But yes, casual gamers vastly outnumber people screaming about compromise whilst demanding that SI rewrite their game because not using gegenpress appals them and delegating transfers is too realistic.

The need to build up league reputation in the long term in smaller European leagues to attract the players to be competitive already exists and making it take even longer just means more grinding easy domestic wins, and I'm not sure a management sim in which your teams performance artificially stagnates until a cash injection is triggered represents an improvement in either realism or enjoyment. 

Edited by enigmatic

24 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

You seem to still be struggling so I'm going to try to make it VERY simple for you.

- No one wants the game to be too easy.

- Some of us on this thread, you included, have lots of evidence to indicate that it is too easy. You even posted some really good examples from two of your saves.

- Some other people on this thread, me included, haven't seen evidence personally that the game is too easy. In my case it's because I've not had long to play this version.

- in response to you saying it was too easy, I suggested you uploaded your save for the game developer to review. You said no. You also made a feeble attempt at either abuse or banter, couldn't tell which, in respect of my user name which made you look like a bit of  balloon.

- you now continue to argue it's too easy but refuse to upload evidence to the developer. You also seem annoyed at others because they haven't seen evidence in their own saves that it's too easy.

Just upload your saves.

It's not that anyone disbelieves you, or disagrees. We ALL want the game to be challenging.

But this thread has been full of people for 48 hours who have either been found to have been using known exploits or refuse to upload their saves, which is frankly bizarre.

So you can be rude and I can't? Next time you be carefull with your words and you avoid that someone gets rude with you, is that simple.

Just now, badgith said:

So you can be rude and I can't? Next time you be carefull with your words and you avoid that someone gets rude with you, is that simple.

I didn't say you couldn't be rude. Just that it made you look a bit like a five year old.

Be rude to me all you want, I'm not bothered. All I'm bothered about really is that you upload your saves where you have evidence that the game is too easy so the developers can have a look at it and improve the game for everyone.

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

I didn't say you couldn't be rude. Just that it made you look a bit like a five year old.

Be rude to me all you want, I'm not bothered. All I'm bothered about really is that you upload your saves where you have evidence that the game is too easy so the developers can have a look at it and improve the game for everyone.

So I will tell why i'm not doing it, 1 reason only, I'm using my phone data and I don't want to put 200 mb on a upload, since eitheir way it would take forever with 3g connection, but still, I'm hoping I can do that, because I will be in a wifi one.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

OK- last warning to everyone -  Cut out the bickering now otherwise some users will be getting some time off.

I’d say close the thread; the poll shows lots of us find it easy, but that always causes arguments.

We’re just going round in circles now. Put us out of our misery 😀

1 minute ago, badgith said:

So I will tell why i'm not doing it, 1 reason only, I'm using my phone data and I don't want to put 200 mb on a upload, since eitheir way it would take forever with 3g connection, but still, I'm hoping I can do that, because I will be in a wifi one.

Brill - fair enough, completely understandable. I don't get why you didn't say that 12 hours ago, but fair enough mate 👍

Hopefully this will help improve the game ☺️

20 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

I'd hazard on this that there is probably something fairly standard that people are doing with a role or PI or a combination joined with the passivity of sides when they don't wanna come at ya that is helping to make this ME seem easier. 

On the default tactical settings things seem to play out as they should which means that more investigation is required into peoples' set ups but who plays with them really? I know I don't. The lack of strikers banging them in for non-players sides as well would seem to bear this out. This doesn't mean people are cheating btw. I swear we've been here before with a fairly standard tactical set-up that wasn't default turned out to be OP for a combination of reasons and I'd warrant that the same thing is happening now.

What that is? Who knows. Only save files will save.

I've been playing with default tactics without any adjusted TI or PI. Just what my assman suggested to me which my team is suited to play.

I'm currently using 

Wing Play

Control

Park The bus

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I've been playing with default tactics without any adjusted TI or PI. Just what my assman suggested to me which my team us suited to play.

I'm currently using 

Wing Play

Control

Park The bus

Do you talk to your players a lot? Ask them for recommendations, praised training, praise performances?

I do and I wonder whether doing that makes morale higher than AI, and morale is very powerful?

That would also show why the holiday saves don’t normally work.

Edited by dannysheard

1 minute ago, dannysheard said:

Do you talk to your players a lot? Ask them for recommendations, praised training, praise performances?

I do and I wonder whether doing that makes morale higher than AI, and morale is very powerful?

That would also show why the holiday saves don’t normally work.

Yup and do all press.

I

22 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Interested to get views of other players on this.

I talk to my players a lot, praising or warning for form/training where appropriate the end of each month, kind of like an appraisal. Also do all press.

I'm one of those play as realistically as possible and every season takes ages people remember 😉

1 hour ago, Defensive said:

I dont know. Look at this starting XI from Watford in this thread which was posted one hour ago

https://community.sigames.com/topic/537102-way-too-easy-scoring-too-much-goals-savegame-and-unrealistic-matches-included/

I can live with self restrictions and so on. I would even not buy players with certain (too good) attributes. But you should never be able to lead the PL with this starting XI imo.

Wow...you mean to tell me a team packed with quality players and known wonderkids can be leading the Premier League...quelle surprise...

13 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

For everyone who, in their experience of the game, feels it is too easy this season..

SI THEMSELVES would like your PKM's and save games so they can investigate if it is indeed an issue.

I'd like to thank @Wavelberry and @Junkhead for their measured responses throughout this thread

Brilliant news this. Hopefully loads of saves and pkms from this thread will help solve the problem 👍👍

7 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

For everyone who, in their experience of the game, feels it is too easy this season..

Paying 50 millon as newly promoted and buying wonderkids & talking about "It is so easy". 

"I see everyone on every YT Channel and on reddit just winning and never be defeated" -  Like i said before people are having problems with other enjoying the game and enjoying scoring  from open-play other than from Set-peices or headers. People arent starting so many tactical threads for them to contribute with their "superior" knowledge

41 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

Paying 50 millon as newly promoted and buying wonderkids & talking about "It is so easy". 

"I see everyone on every YT Channel and on reddit just winning and never be defeated" -  Like i said before people are having problems with other enjoying the game and enjoying scoring  from open-play other than from Set-peices or headers. People arent starting so many tactical threads for them to contribute with their "superior" knowledge

Most people here, me included, are not the people who play the game first time and come to this conclusion though. It was never this easy to draw with big 6 teams in your first season let alone win easily against them 3-0 on FM 20. In no way I'm defending here dynamics of FM 20 where you were conceding loads of free kick and corner kick goals regardless of what you do but it is what is. Don't remember much about FM 19 but even on that edition this didn't happen. And those players might be wonderkids but that squad is nowhere near City, Chelsea or Liverpool level, not yet, maybe they may develop and become better in 2-3 years if I continue to play the save. 

Edited by CM

Game is ridiculously easy no matter who you go. It's a fun game, but i'd have more trouble beating a 6 year old in a boxing match than i do in this game. Sadly SI will never increase the difficulty of this game, they'd be too scared that they'd lose players. A lot of the problems can be fixed with more sensible AI, but their insistence on sticking to decades old minimum specs mean it isn't possible to alter the AI much, even if they had the appetite to make changes, which they definitely do not. 

42 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

Any passionate and experienced player can very easily significantly increase the difficulty of the game. There are countless tools that are available for this purpose and experienced players know them very well.

Sad to see such gatekeeping snobbery. "any true FM fan knows to only buy players born on leap year days".

Yes OK well done. The whole point we post writers are been making is that we dont want to need to .

What I still can't get my head around is how the people saying it's too easy still continue to play in the same manner that makes it easy. Take that Watford save for instance, granted he maybe shouldn't be leading the Prem yet, but when you look at the players he has there is it that much of a surprise? Himself and others say that signing such players/wonderkids shouldn't be as easy as it is for a side like Watford so early in the game, this I'll kinda agree with but you're offering them first team football and a good wage is that unbelievable?

But again if you still believe it shouldn't be possible (even the player himself says it's part of the problem) then why do it! I just don't get it :D

You cannot have it both ways, you cannot play a certain style that generally gets better results than other tactics, you cannot put together a team of up and coming stars and then complain because you're winning matches. There are so many ways to play this game to make it harder but for some unknown reason the ones saying it's too easy (maybe not all) are not willing to change how they play, but are quite willing to continue moaning about how easy it is.

We've seen a couple of examples with those Wycombe saves that it most definitely isn't possible to just win at ease with any tactic and anyone that says it is are in my opinion just lying as I'm still to see someone prove this.

3 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

Any passionate and experienced player can very easily significantly increase the difficulty of the game. There are countless tools that are available for this purpose and experienced players know them very well.

Anyone can decrease the difficulty of the game very well, by playing standard tactics or buying known wonderkids after choosing a rich club. 

This argument does not work.

The game needs a realistic level of difficulty. When you have an average squad for the league, and play standard tactics, while not doing anything special, you should end up middle of the league 6 out of 10 seasons, fight for relegation 2 out of 10 seasons, fight for international games/playoffs 2 out of 10 seasons. 

That should be the standard. If you end up competing for playoffs 6 out of 10 times, while being average 4 times and never fighting for relegation, something is wrong. 

When you want to have an easier game, you can make your manager International level, go to a rich club, buy known wonderkids, etc. 

When you want to have a harder challenge, you can start with Sunday league trainer at a poor club. 

But when everything is standard and not very complex, the game results should represent the strength of the squad and the strength of the player.

For me FM20 felt just right, maybe a bit more on the too easy side than the too hard side. But you had to get everything right to get good results. 

1 hour ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

What I still can't get my head around is how the people saying it's too easy still continue to play in the same manner that makes it easy. Take that Watford save for instance, granted he maybe shouldn't be leading the Prem yet, but when you look at the players he has there is it that much of a surprise?

This

40 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yes it lets, not forces. It's completely down to the player how easy you make it, not the game itself.

And This.

As a LLM player, there are things I've seen on this thread that I wish I hadn't, like names of players who turn into wonderkids, tactics and training which exploit the game, etc.  Some people are using those on purpose, some have stumbled across them by accident.  I play the way I do because around about CM 99/00, I realised it was really easy for me to get a team from League 2 to the Premier League.  I then found the LLM area of this forum and it completely changed the way I played and added so much to the challenge.  I chose to do that because I wanted a challenge.  I don't get why people wouldn't do that.

Each to their own & all that, I just don't understand it.

I'm even at the stage where if I decide to start two saves from the same version in the same division, I will use fake player names in the second one so I don't end up signing players I recognize as being decent from my first save & have to rely on my scouts :D

I'll say it again: FM20 was football management on nightmare mode for me, I hardly won any matches. With the same tactics I used in FM20, I can go almost undefeated in the FM21 beta. I know nothing about tactics. I am useless at FM. If the game is easy for me, the game *is* easy.

Note I don't say *too easy".

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

I'll say it again: FM20 was football management on nightmare mode for me, I hardly won any matches. With the same tactics I used in FM20, I can go almost undefeated in the FM21 beta. I know nothing about tactics. I am useless at FM. If the game is easy for me, the game *is* easy.

Note I don't say *too easy".

Fair enough - and I might find this too once I've spent some real time on it.  I'm only about 7 competitive games in right now, and doing reasonably well but nothing earth shattering.

My understanding is that FM are asking for saves from people in the bugs forum, might be worth uploading one in there mate for them to have a look at :)

On 18/11/2020 at 19:03, SortitoutsiVP said:

This is what I don't get, you're complaining how boring/easy that was, yet you still continued to play that way for the best part of 3 seasons on each save? And I bet if I was to say change how you play then, you'll come back like the majority of the others and say you shouldn't have to just to make it harder, again that makes no sense!

what are you on about? people should be able to play attacking football and have a simulation that can handle that, like I said i just select the generic tactic and dominate any league with any team, surely you see a problem with that, is a simulation truly functional if the player has to avoid various ways of playing? not even avoiding exploitative tactics or features, but simply playing the game at a basic level people are expected to avoid core part of the game? so it's the players fault it doesn't work, that's such a bizarre line of thought.

this thread is so f'd up, you've got the sensible people trying to report and bring attention to the fact that there's a problem with the AI, and/or defensive AI, strikers scoring too many goals etc, totally unrealistic results happening without intentionally trying to exploit. Then you have a bunch of people crying and begging it to stay that way and that if we have a problem with it we should avoid doing...things? What the heck people, it's pretty clear there's an issue with this, stop pretending that people are trying to flex or something and actually react to the arguments and points w're putting forward. I suck at FM, I only played 2020, and 2021 now, I shouldn't be absolutely anhiliating every league with an team , I done no transfers and got salford to championship back to back anhiliuating the league and coming strong first, all I did was choose gengenpress and 4231, please acknolwedge there's some imbalance, it's not our responsibility to avoid interacting with the simulations imbalanced systems it's on the developer to fine tune these areas.

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

This is literally nobody's line of thought.  However every time anyone on this thread tries to have a conversation with people about it, it descends into this.

You 100% should be able to play in any way you like. 100%.  However, as has been repeatedly pointed out throughout this thread, there appears to be some ways of playing that the simulation is struggling to handle.  I think we all agree on that.

The disconnect occurs at this point, and it looks like it's happening again here.

If you can't play in the way you describe - which again you 100% should be able to do - then upload a save to the developer with a description of what you don't think should be happening and let them have a look at it.  That will improve the experience for all of us, ultimately.

In the meantime you've got two options until it's fixed.  Either don't play, or change the way you are playing to accommodate & return to your preferred way of playing when it's fixed.  Neither are ideal, but that's how it is.  This isn't me being a "fan boy", or defending the game.  It's clearly broken in places.  So all that needs to happen is that those who have evidence need to share with the developer.

What is currently happening on this thread is that literally everyone is in agreement with certain things being overpowered within the game, yet the second anyone suggests that the user needs to take some responsibility, all hell breaks loose.  

You are sensible my blanket generalization didn't include people like you, but i'm seeing so many comments like "Oh looks like a bunch of people just trying to flex." "we get it you're good at a video game congratulations", it's annoying af, bt yeah, you're alright and I agree with your temporary solutions. edit: Though I do disagree on one thing, some people might be reasonable like you sure, but there is plenty saying "Oh play like liverpool what do you expect? of course this is going to happen!" they are making a similar point to you but don't seem to share the same line of thought

Edited by ma3

2 minutes ago, ma3 said:

this thread is so f'd up, you've got the sensible people trying to report and bring attention to the fact that there's a problem with the AI, and/or defensive AI, strikers scoring too many goals etc, totally unrealistic results happening without intentionally trying to exploit. Then you have a bunch of people crying and begging it to stay that way and that if we have a problem with it we should avoid doing...things? What the heck people, it's pretty clear there's an issue with this, stop pretending that people are trying to flex or something and actually react to the arguments and points w're putting forward. I suck at FM, I only played 2020, and 2021 now, I shouldn't be absolutely anhiliating every league with an team , I done no transfers and got salford to championship back to back anhiliuating the league and coming strong first, all I did was choose gengenpress and 4231, please acknolwedge there's some imbalance, it's not our responsibility to avoid interacting with the simulations imbalanced systems it's on the developer to fine tune these areas.

Not sure I've seen anyone "crying and begging it to stay that way".  I might be wrong, maybe there are people doing that, but I haven't seen it.

I'll say again what has been said multiple times on this thread.

Gegenpress appears massively overpowered.  You appear to have a save where this is evident.  If you share it with the developer it might get fixed.  If you don't, that's less likely.

It's up to you.  What is causing the problems on the thread is that people are refusing to share their saves but then insisting on repeatedly posting "evidence" and screenshots.