Football Manager 2021 Mobile - Headline Features

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Papacino said:

Also, I feel it’s far too easy to accelerate the financial power of sides by selling players for big fees and then tweaking budgets to dramatically increase your wage budget allowing you to shop in a much more expensive market. I think the impact of increasing wage budget when reducing transfer budget should be reduced. In real life if Southampton sell a few players for £40m over the years it doesn’t mean they start building a squad with Man United level wages but in the game it’s not far off that impact. 

That is a fair comment - I'll have a think about ways to mitigate against that somewhat ... muhahaha .... (mean laughter trails off into the darkness ;) )

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

This isn't in the mobile game at the moment because it'd be a memory/space hog and we support as wide a range of devices as possible (as older devices go obsolete it will eventually be possible to add things like this in).

If we only see the match scores, can't you create a menu without putting the match details? Because seeing the past matches is very enjoyable in terms of following the competition even if you don't have a claim at that time.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Alper Kocman said:

If we only see the match scores, can't you create a menu without putting the match details? Because seeing the past matches is very enjoyable in terms of following the competition even if you don't have a claim at that time.

Ok to 'show the match scores' we would need to store every single match which is played in FMM during your game (in case you move clubs or play an obscure team in a continental cup etc.) - this can amount to QUITE a few by the end of a career.

Because it's late and I'm too tired to code let me expand on this ...

In the Premiership there are 380 matches each season, within England there are 4 professional divisions and 3 semi-professional divisions simulated, for sake of simplicity we'll presume an average of 400 matches per division per season which gives.

400 (number matches) x 7 (number divisions) x 30 (number seasons) = 84,000 matches

That's quite a large number you say ... but we aren't finished yet ...

You can have up to 4 nations selected to that means four times the fun:

84,000 (matches) x 4 nations = 336,000 matches

In addition to that there are matches for friendlies (lots of them there are 3,500 clubs all playing them each season), international matches (tournaments and friendlies) and continental and domestic cups.

In sum total the number of matches simulated during a career can easily top 500,000 matches (consider for a moment that the Champions League and FA Cup contain more matches than most divisions once you take into account qualifiers and such).

This is what I mean when I indicate that there are processing and space issues - storing that much data and trawling it in memory may be prohibitive on some devices. In addition to that searching through that many matches to create the table (even with data organisation) may feel sluggish on older devices.

As mentioned in the future it might be possible, but its not something you'll see this year (sorry).

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok to 'show the match scores' we would need to store every single match which is played in FMM during your game (in case you move clubs or play an obscure team in a continental cup etc.) - this can amount to QUITE a few by the end of a career.

This is what I mean when I indicate that there are processing and space issues - storing that much data and trawling it in memory may be prohibitive on some devices. In addition to that searching through that many matches to create the table (even with data organisation) may feel sluggish on older devices.

As mentioned in the future it might be possible, but its not something you'll see this year (sorry).

Fully agree - maybe for those who want years of score lines stored, they could CLOUD them somehow at the end of each season.??

I’m personally happy how it is ✌

Edited by JohnyBruce

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes, you are right. Well, at least if you put a ranking menu at the top of the club fixture, at least if the matches of the team we play can be sequenced, can you do a work like that. Just as we rank strikers on the transfer list, I think this can be done in the fixture.

3 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Fully agree - maybe for those who want years of score lines stored, they could CLOUD them somehow at the end of each season.??

I’m personally happy how it is ✌

There is certainly some degree of logging because if I'm playing as Real Betis (for example), a few seasons into the game, just before the Sevilla derby, a news item will tell me that Betis are unbeaten in the last five meetings (example again). 

Edited by passenger58
Typo

On 02/06/2020 at 18:47, passenger58 said:

Hi, 

I quite like the Scouting Agency feature that lists the game's top 50 senior/youth players. 

Currently you can view this at a global and national level. 

Is there any way to expand this to show it at a league (or tier) level as well?

If I'm managing a team in the English sixth tier, for example, it doesn't really matter to me what players Man City and Liverpool have.

But if it listed me the top 50 players in the Conference South, I could use it to approach the best players at my club's level.

Just a thought. 

Thanks 

Apologies for quoting this from an old thread, but it sums up my previous thoughts.

Just wondering if there have been any updates to the Scouting Agency functionality in the 2021 version.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, passenger58 said:

There is certainly some degree of logging because if I'm playing as Real Betis (for example), a few seasons into the game, just before the Sevilla derby, a news item will tell me that Betis are unbeaten in the last five meetings (example again). 

We do what we can with regards to storage so the current season's fixtures are available and used and specific important things (such as derbies) have additional data stored upon them because in real-life (and in the game) those matches have more pressure and interest upon them.

Just wondering if there have been any updates to the Scouting Agency functionality in the 2021 version.

There haven;'t been - but feel free to make suggestions and I'll consider them going forward.

hace 1 hora, Marc Vaughan dijo:

We do what we can with regards to storage so the current season's fixtures are available and used and specific important things (such as derbies) have additional data stored upon them because in real-life (and in the game) those matches have more pressure and interest upon them.

There haven;'t been - but feel free to make suggestions and I'll consider them going forward.

Hi Marc, 

First of all, thanks for all your collaboration to resolve our doubts.

IMO, it would be a great addition the list of top players for each division and some changes to the scout functionality.

In FMM20 there are a lot of bugs on the reports that a Player Profile shows from the scout, usually they show an old Scout Report not the latest.

Additionally, having more scoutings to know more details of the players will make the game more real than have all the scout details in just the first scout report.

Thanks again for your help, is an awesome game and this year improvements looks incredible.

I could start my road to glory with Banfield at least! 

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Just the point I made in my previous post really.

Currently you can view the top 50 senior & youth players at a global and national level. 

Is there any way to expand on this to show it at a league (or tier) level as well?

For example, if I'm managing a team in the English sixth tier, it doesn't really matter to me what players Man City or Liverpool have, and that screen is largely redundant.

But if the screen could show me the top 50 players at the Conference North/South tier, I could use this info as an indicator of where my players are at, and it would help in identifying potential transfers at my club's actual level.

Hope that makes sense. 

Edited by passenger58
Typo

3 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Just the point I made in my previous post really.

Currently you can view the top 50 senior & youth players at a global and national level. 

Is there any way to expand on this to show it at a league (or tier) level as well?

For example, if I'm managing a team in the English sixth tier, it doesn't really matter to me what players Man City or Liverpool have, and that screen is largely redundant.

But if the screen could show me the top 50 players at the Conference North/South tier, I could use this info as an indicator of where my players are at, and it would help in identifying potential transfers at my club's actual level.

Hope that makes sense. 

That, or a media prediction for my league position. Also i feel the board expectation at the start is way too low when you get promoted

• SI Staff
38 minutes ago, MT55 said:

For FM21 I decided to buy the Touch version because FMM20 was hurting my eyes but wow. The features are great, finally being able to arrange friendlies.

You might be interested to know that I've tried to tweak the text sizing slightly for FMM21 to make it a little easier for people who have less than perfect eyesight (like me ;) ).

5 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

You might be interested to know that I've tried to tweak the text sizing slightly for FMM21 to make it a little easier for people who have less than perfect eyesight (like me ;) ).

That's great! Might help as the mobile version is very close to my heart.

12 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Oh that's great! I had to look for different fonts to make it more visible for me, hope this year its a bit larger. 

Also, last year under 21 national teams where introduced, any chance they I'll be manageable this year? Any changes to national teams management btw? 

• SI Staff
17 minutes ago, Swagata1998 said:

@Marc Vaughan is there any additional charges other than the headline features???? in football manager mobiel?

Yeah as always there are a number of smaller features and tweaks in the game which you'll discover when you play.

15 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah as always there are several smaller features and tweaks in the game which you'll discover when you play.

you have told me the same answer in the previous version also. Can you give us small details in which places tweaks can we expect and features?

On 18/11/2020 at 15:09, Marc Vaughan said:

That is a fair comment - I'll have a think about ways to mitigate against that somewhat ... muhahaha .... (mean laughter trails off into the darkness ;) )

I appreciate you considering that, I think it would be a very balanced way to add to both the realism and the challenge. 

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Swagata1998 said:

you have told me the same answer in the previous version also. Can you give us small details in which places tweaks can we expect and features?

One of the reasons I give that 'vague' answer is that a lot of the changes I do 'ad-hoc' as I play/tinker and they're just small things I haven't noted down individually - you'll find various new news strings, profile strings for players, there are some new media items etc. ... but I'm afraid I don't have a full list, nor do I really think it's helpful to provide one in all honesty.

It's the overall feel of the game and how enjoyable it is that matters not how many 'features' a version might have added.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

loving the new features @Marc Vaughan, cant wait til Tuesday.

A question, how is Brexit in this years game? Similar to the strict rules in FM21 or still like FM20 mobile? thanks

Brexit is similar to last years mobile game, updated in alignment with real-life events obviously.

@Marc Vaughan Hi, as usual brilliant looking game, and I am sure under the hood there will be lots of small touches and improvements also.

One thing not previously asked that I can see, Intl Management. Any chance of scouts / shortlist for Intl managers ? If I am at a big club, I know the scout will say that X player isnt good enough for my team, but I want him to tell me for my Natl side.  Answer might be that it would take up to much space ?  Setting the player search to Natl , scouting all and then being told there are all mince can be a bit deflating, to then call them up for Ntl side and be wow lol

Mr. Marc, any chance we could get the option to accept a job at a new club but not with immediate effect in the future FMM versions?

I like to go through all 4 leagues in my save and lot of times over the years I had to miss out on a great opportunity because I had cup finals incoming with my current club

Thanks

Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions for the job interest section of the Manager Options. 

Can we have the choice of 'National Team jobs only' added to the list? A lot of times you'll be happy at your current club but would be open to also taking on a national team. 

The other suggestion (which would be awesome imo but tougher to implement) is the option to be able to select any club or national jobs that you'd potentially be interested in and the game notifies you by way of a news item when any of them become available. You could limit the number of selections to a number <10 if you're worried about ppl having an endless list. 

Screenshot_20201121-120720_36fa02476c2abfe5b8a999414c9ee0c5.jpg

1 hour ago, Amigooo said:

Mr. Marc, any chance we could get the option to accept a job at a new club but not with immediate effect in the future FMM versions?

I like to go through all 4 leagues in my save and lot of times over the years I had to miss out on a great opportunity because I had cup finals incoming with my current club

Thanks

Completely agree with this, we should have an option to move only after season end. I do a lot of journeyman saves and end up either moving before finishing the job at current club or missing out on great opportunities. 

3 hours ago, DWCallaghan said:

@Marc Vaughan Hi, as usual brilliant looking game, and I am sure under the hood there will be lots of small touches and improvements also.

One thing not previously asked that I can see, Intl Management. Any chance of scouts / shortlist for Intl managers ? If I am at a big club, I know the scout will say that X player isnt good enough for my team, but I want him to tell me for my Natl side.  Answer might be that it would take up to much space ?  Setting the player search to Natl , scouting all and then being told there are all mince can be a bit deflating, to then call them up for Ntl side and be wow lol

I remember people asking for national team scouts years ago. The new national team report is helpful for assessing those already in the national squad but it would be good if national scouts constantly searched for players worthy of your attention. I think it must be difficult to implement though as it’s never come to pass.

Some good improvements I see proposed for the new game. I especially like the greater tactical variations. As others have said, I’m looking forward to improved manager AI so that several years in, clubs don’t just sit on their cash piles as their squads slowly degrade.

I would like to know will the reserve teams suffer from same bugs like in 2020 game. Like in Spain my B team is in second league but my players there are non stop in off season/need to play games to advance/ and they dont get better even they play in second league all games of the season. But they advance great if i send them in 4th league on loan and they play like 15 games in total.

Also will clubs be able to have all types of coaches or they are still limited to 4 max coz that is apsurd that a world class team cant have all type of coaches.

Will you implement the yesterday rule in english championship, league 1 and 2 about 5 substitutions per game?

I will remember kore questions i have later.

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

I would like to know will the reserve teams suffer from same bugs like in 2020 game. Like in Spain my B team is in second league but my players there are non stop in off season/need to play games to advance/ and they dont get better even they play in second league all games of the season. But they advance great if i send them in 4th league on loan and they play like 15 games in total.

Also will clubs be able to have all types of coaches or they are still limited to 4 max coz that is apsurd that a world class team cant have all type of coaches.

Will you implement the yesterday rule in english championship, league 1 and 2 about 5 substitutions per game?

I will remember kore questions i have later.

I've noticed the first point as well, where reserve players are constantly in off-season and don't really progress. 

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Zoot said:

I'll check the first point - I 'think' it's fixed, but I've done a lot of changes and don't want to promise anything without verifying.

The coach restriction at clubs is intentional I'm afraid and is done for gameplay reasons - in real-life every club tends to be associated with a specific style and strength ... ie. they're best at bringing through players of type 'x' ... but they might have a weak point in that they don't tend to bring through defenders or whatever.

The number of coaches allows you to be very strong/near perfect in most areas but there will always be a choice of exactly where to specialise and what sort of team you want to have.

If you want to be strong but bland across the board I'd recommend going with 'Gold' General coaches as they're jack of all trades - if you want to be specialised then pick the areas where you want to be truly 'the best possible' and have Gold coaches in those areas.

You can obviously 'enhance' your coaching options/flexibility if you yourself are active as a coach ..

We try and ensure that things are as realistic as possible - however where a change was done really late in real-life it is likely that it might not get into the game until an update (we're literally days from release now and any changes done at this stage could break the games stability).

Hi Marc had some questions about the game.

Has the 2d engine been improved where perhaps it may have different scenarios/situations in which something like a goal could happen?

Is it possible in the future to have it where the team you start with also contains the injuries which that team has started off with in real life just like in FM? Or is that not possible to do on our phones.

Has the AI been improved where managers are perhaps more smarter in game or when dealing with transfers or developing players?

Looking forward to the game.

On 19/11/2020 at 14:03, Alper Kocman said:

Yes, you are right. Well, at least if you put a ranking menu at the top of the club fixture, at least if the matches of the team we play can be sequenced, can you do a work like that. Just as we rank strikers on the transfer list, I think this can be done in the fixture.
In the club fixture section, we are pleased that you put a line menu on top of the part where the rival teams have their names, Mr. Marc, this will not tire you too much.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, 1ht1baron said:

I think the only drawback of this game is the lack of multiplayer mode. Are you considering adding the multiplayer mode to the game? It shouldn't be too difficult to add multiplayer mode with game center for IOS. 

At present we aren't thinking about adding multi-player to FMM, this would be VERY complicated to undertake and from past experience very few people would actually use it (around 0.5% of people ever used the multi-player mode in FMH PSP which was the last time this codebase had multi-player).

On 18/11/2020 at 01:10, Marc Vaughan said:

There will never be pre-match press conferences before every match in Football Manager Mobile - that would slow down the gameplay too much and can get very repetitive imho, as such I don't think that style of play suits the mobile game.

It is possible that at some point in the future (FMM22, 23, whatever) we might have such things for important matches - but if that happens then they will work differently to the PC title (in a similar manner to how the dynamics in FMM is designed to be more intuitive and easier to understand than the PC products arguably is).

Please oh please never ruin this fantastic game with pre-match press conferences, I can’t think of anything more repetitively boring and time consuming than this feature - not knocking the PC version but, I do not play that BECAUSE of these little OTT features. Granted so one offs will always go under the radar I’m sure with us old school late 90’s onwards CM/pre FM fan base but anything that jeopardises that pick up and play style element would be catastrophic!

Don’t mean to sound emotional with this but I would hate to see further aspects of the game held to ransom like with the whole injury prevalence to real life % thing that was lowered in order to please those who shout and scream on forums saying that they can’t win anything if their 22 man super star squad has more than one injury at any one time. The game needs its core values protected, not to be negotiated, protected, with negotiation over time comes loss of identity thus we have a completely different game - like with this top down viewing of the players on the pitch thing, so ok 2D doesn’t hurt, but now there are calls for 3D, and this trend will only continue until your basically (watching a game of FIFA) by when, words, text and imagination will be up for trial “so to speak” with that trial being held again, on forums, the same forums that got the prevalence of injury’s lowered thus compromising accuracy.   

Sorry for my passion SI, I guess in short what I should have said was try not to fix what isn’t broke ...if at all possible.

6 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Please oh please never ruin this fantastic game with pre-match press conferences, I can’t think of anything more repetitively boring and time consuming than this feature - not knocking the PC version but, I do not play that BECAUSE of these little OTT features. Granted so one offs will always go under the radar I’m sure with us old school late 90’s onwards CM/pre FM fan base but anything that jeopardises that pick up and play style element would be catastrophic!

Don’t mean to sound emotional with this but I would hate to see further aspects of the game held to ransom like with the whole injury prevalence to real life % thing that was lowered in order to please those who shout and scream on forums saying that they can’t win anything if their 22 man super star squad has more than one injury at any one time. The game needs its core values protected, not to be negotiated, protected, with negotiation over time comes loss of identity thus we have a completely different game - like with this top down viewing of the players on the pitch thing, so ok 2D doesn’t hurt, but now there are calls for 3D, and this trend will only continue until your basically (watching a game of FIFA) by when, words, text and imagination will be up for trial “so to speak” with that trial being held again, on forums, the same forums that got the prevalence of injury’s lowered thus compromising accuracy.   

Sorry for my passion SI, I guess in short what I should have said was try not to fix what isn’t broke ...if at all possible.

Totally agree. I love all three versions of the game for different reasons. Keep FMM easy to pick up and play and fly through the seasons compared to the other two but still having depth there when you want it. For me, 2020 was almost the perfect version of FMM so really looking forward to 21 coming tomorrow (which of course will really be tonight...)

Morning all

Agree better without press conferences on mobile!!

I’m so excited for the release, I was hoping it would appear on the App Store early today!

New features look brilliant, can’t wait to play, hoping that a little more control of the reserves’ formation has slipped in 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thanks @Marc Vaughanand team, can’t wait to play!

1 minute ago, kweg said:

Morning all

I’m so excited for the release, I was hoping it would appear on the App Store early today!

New features look brilliant, can’t wait to play, hoping that a little more control of the reserves’ formation has slipped in 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

If I remember rightly, it will be in there this evening. 

1 hour ago, kweg said:

Morning all

I also agree we don't need press conferences on mobile, nor online, neither 3D (or make it optional for high end phones).

Also waiting eagerly for the game, specially now that the lockdown measures are getting stricter, FMM will be a nice gateway :)

1 hour ago, MrManagerMan said:

Just had a thought - do you all play FMM on a phone? I’d struggle with that with my eyes.  I only ever play it on my iPad in my lounge. The game plays very well on a tablet. 

Yep I play on the phone, even played on a small iPhone 5 before, switched to android for a bigger screen for cheaper prices but still have issues with the small fonts (old age I guess :) ) . On FMM 20 I got a bigger font from a fan site that helped me a lot. 

Edited by Hildor

2 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Just had a thought - do you all play FMM on a phone? I’d struggle with that with my eyes.  I only ever play it on my iPad in my lounge. The game plays very well on a tablet. 

Yeah, I play on phone. My eyes are not what they used to be since playing his game, but I think I'm just getting old. Not giving up my FMM fix.