Knap FM09 442 Tactics

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test of 107 point tactic with Manchester United:

Two more games:

Newcastle (H) 4-2 - They took the lead twice, again didn't seem very secure. But hey four goals so whatever.

Wigan (A) 1-0 - A 90+5 minute goal for the winner. Wigan looked dangerous in the first half, second half we did more but more to do with Wigan shutting up shop than anything.

Will report more later, so far, still not convinced.

i currently use the man marking 100 tactic which has got me up to the premiership with leeds and looking steady for a midtable finish in my 1st season back in the bigtime and i will use the 107 tactic next year when i have some better players.

a few questions :-

- what type of side if the 107 tactic aimed at?

- zonal or man marking?

The 98pts tactic hammered teams in friendlies but then went on to lose against Portsmouth in the charity shield 0-2, 1-3.

It won 2-1 when I skipped it to a text-only game and even then through a penalty and a fluke goal. But I did notice either way that possession was in the majority for Portsmouth which, I felt was unusual. Indeed Portsmouth played how I expect this tactic to play, while we were quite rubbish.

Tried your 107 point tactic; similiar match play, possession was more even and we won 1-0 but it wasn't very convincing.

you will have to try tactics for a tiny bit longer than that to get the full results. Having tried a lot of tactics in many first seasons with 09 I have noticed good effects usually after about 15 games, sometimes it took a bit longer.

Also, the more players you get in, the longer it takes for the squad to get used to each other.

I would play rooney as FC(d) without a doubt (then again I had berbatov injured 12 of the last 15 months...) and even tevez rather than berbatov for that position.

OI: sometimes... while in 08 I always used closing down on DCs and keeper I now tackle anyone attacking hard ;) plus weaker foot on wingers and strikers, closing down on MCs

the hard tackling shows some great sliding tackles which result in winning the ball

WIll give the 107pts a try with my Man Utd team. Who should i play as the FC(d) Rooney or Berbatov?

And do yuo guys use OI?

I thin for this tactis is ideal left striker -FS typ right striker TM typ

I us in newcastle Owen-Smith and in arsenal Persie-Adebayor work perfect

hello people.

had great results with knaps tactics. been using the zonal marking system. found my strikers were poor. so i did a few changes. let knap know what i did and ask for the genius to improve. did it in the wrong thread so he i start again. not going totype everything out again sogive you link to thread up until i say ok i move. think knap get back to us on this one. so have a look and post back on this one please.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=72479

wijnand try the one i tweaked you get links from thread above it very good as you see from from my screens. knap looking at it hopefully test and improve. i do lose a few goals at times but un willing to change cos am winning at work just now so wont be able to complete season until saturday.

wijnand try the one i tweaked you get links from thread above it very good as you see from from my screens. knap looking at it hopefully test and improve. i do lose a few goals at times but un willing to change cos am winning at work just now so wont be able to complete season until saturday.

Ok I start season 3 with the tweaked 107 tactic. Let you know the results

Thanks for the tactics.

I'm Forest using "zonal 98" version. used it at end of season 1 - took me from 9th to 4th over last eight games. then got to play off final only to lose a thriller 4-3 to wolves in the last 2 mins as my keeper dropped the ball!!

some great attacking football and enojayble to watch.

Have to say these just arent working for me. Playing as Huddersfield in Division 1. Home was going well and I rarely seemed to lose, but the away results have been appalling, lost to sides I really shouldnt lose to and even lost in the cup to a team the division below.

I seem to create lots of chances, but the defensive side playing away is letting me down at the moment. Maybe it just needs more games to gell. But not sure how many more games the chairman is gonna give me

After trying loads of different tactics without success I decided to give ¬GKnap442DLCF3FRMAN100PTS a try and I must say its looking pretty good. Im currently 2nd in League One in the first season with Leeds after 28 games, drew Shitty at home in the FA Cup and lost the replay on pens. It did take about ten games for defence to gel. Consistency in the back four seems to work. Its still very annoying that opposition goalies too often seem to get assists when kicking the ball straight to the striker whos left all alone up front to score easily without ever being offside. Great work Knap. Big up!

Right, had a good look round the forums and have decied to give this tactic a go.

I am not sure which team I am going to start but I know it will be a blue square team so the calibre of players at my disposal will be poor to say the least.

I am thinking of starting with the 107 points variant of the tactic and seeing how it goes, but if anyone else thinks a different variant might be more appropriate please shout up.

Before I start I have a few questions that if anyone can answer would be a massive help, just to check I have the understanding of the tactic right.

1. Are the strikers set up so to get the best out of them I need one quick man + one big man. In the lower leagues I might be able to get a big 6ft5 giant. Would he play on the right hand side of the two? Might it be best to get a different combination eg 2 quick or 2 giant

2. What are the attributes most needed by the Cbs in this formation? Like the strikers do I need one who will head and boot everything and partner him with a quick CB or do I need two giants or two quick lads?

3. As I understand it one of the MCs is more defsnive than the other and it is the right one of the two is that correct? would you play a DM there or a CM with good tackling?

4. Do I need to use oposition instructions in tandem with this tactic?

If anyone can help that would be fantastic thank you.

I've managed, over course over a few seasons to come up with a 442 which has won me the League and European Cup with Man Utd (not exactly ground-breaking) but I've always struggled to get the best out of strikers. So I tried the 107 and found myself 3-0 down within ten minutes. Back to the drawing board.

Oxford have a very good player guide. RH side for ST and LHS for AM/FC type. Soley should be good for MC. The DL is not high so just good CBs. I do not use OIs but if you feel the need.

11didierdrogbaax3.png

w1440.png

Knap you are FM god in my eyes, never seen an effective tactic like this. Just one question my team in the turkish league(Besiktas) is the third best team, meeting less good opponents i have no problem with, but what happenes when you meet two teams slightly better than yours away? BTW i use 98pts Zonal tactic of yours.

Also, dont you tweak the tactics at all regardless if you are ahed the last 20 min?

Did you ever use target player? Playmaker? offside etc?

ok i wil probably give this tactic last chance, if not i wil quit playing fm09 :S

Try it really, my team was getting raped before i used this, with same players i win 90% of my games. I even managed to beat Milan at home. My useless fullbacks are playing like Cafu&Roberto Carlos now... :-P

I'm using a minor variation for testing but not noticed a problem with MU, just set up a Pre Season training and then using Sparks training.

Yasko

I very seldom tweak or use any specific instructions such as TM as it limits play. There are games that are go wrong from the start, in FM08 in these circumstances I would change style going to say Counter attack. Although I have a counter attack tactic I've not tested it in game, so has not been released.

manchesterunitedrt7.png

w1440.png

been struggling for weeks to get my Spurs team playing well, tried your 107pt tactic for the last few months of the season and we ended up winning the league after going unbeaten for the rest of the season, winning all but 1 game.

thank you for letting me enjoy FM2009

toffee

It's just a position change from 107pt which was the optimum version as I tested a few ideas.

Dr Henry Jones Jr

This is a general complaint about FM09 and as yet I have not found any tactic that can solve the low goalscoring, which therefore allows the AI the amazing comeback. Wijnand added this anti 424 to Oxford thread which may or may not help

http://files.filefront.com/Tegen+4+2+4+FM09+laatste+ntac/;12270214;/fileinfo.html

nukehim

At last the old Harry touch at the helm.

It may take about 10-15 games for squad gel and it may be worth trying starting with lower creative freedom especially away, and winding this up as the season progresses. At home try adding free roles to help breakdown the AI defence and perhaps slower and wider.

Archived