FM 21 other team cant register players

knx123

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

This is an issue that was reported in the Pre Release Beta and  a potential fix had been put in for games started in full release. 

If you are encountering this issue still in a game started in the full release could you please let me know the following. 

A) If you have a save game a couple of weeks from before the season starts where this issue reproduces in the first match of the season

B) If you close down FM and reload does the issue persist. In a couple of save games we have been given by users once the save is reloaded the correct players are registered for the next league match. Whilst I understand this won't help the matches that have been played which have been affected by this issue it would be useful to know as it may help us to identify the issue.  

Cheers,

Ben

I had this problem and reloading the save fixed it. It was before second season started in england, every transfer I did said "warning this player can't be registered until 1/1/2022, and it seems the AI teams had the same issue. 

Edited by UncleAlf

• SI Staff

Do you happen to have a save game a couple of weeks before the start of the season? If so would you be able to upload your save game to our cloud service. 

Could you confirm if you started this game on the Pre Release Beta or Full Release? 

If you save and reload does this issue persist?

I have now played half a season with 2 teams (England and Switzerland). In Switzerland I have exactly this problem that the other team can not register players and they have to play with u21 players. I thought it was only in switzerland because because of covid the season started much later than usual.
now i am in the winter break (dezember) and was hoping that the teams will catch up. But when i read in this forum i guess there is no solution for this?
Is there a way that I remove Switzerland as a country and next season add again and this problem is then fixed? I would not like to start a double season again.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, JB03 said:

I've also just encountered this problem in my 4th season, any ideas of how it can be fixed?

Which league are you managing in? If you reload your save game does the issue remain?

Do you have a save game a couple of weeks before the start of the season before this issue occurred? If so would you be able to upload to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found below. 

1 hour ago, jopps86 said:

I have now played half a season with 2 teams (England and Switzerland). In Switzerland I have exactly this problem that the other team can not register players and they have to play with u21 players. I thought it was only in switzerland because because of covid the season started much later than usual.
now i am in the winter break (dezember) and was hoping that the teams will catch up. But when i read in this forum i guess there is no solution for this?
Is there a way that I remove Switzerland as a country and next season add again and this problem is then fixed? I would not like to start a double season again.

Do you have a save game a couple of weeks before the start of the season or before the start of the winter break? If so would you be able to upload a save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. 

14 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Do you have a save game a couple of weeks before the start of the season or before the start of the winter break? If so would you be able to upload a save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. 

@Ben KenneySure, I uploaded Leeds_Luzern.fm and Leeds_Luzern (v03).fm.

Edited by jopps86

21 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Which league are you managing in? If you reload your save game does the issue remain?

Do you have a save game a couple of weeks before the start of the season before this issue occurred? If so would you be able to upload to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found below. 

I'm managing in the Premier League, I tried shutting the game down and opening it back up but no luck. I've started the season now as this is when I first noticed the problem so don't have a save file before hand, I will upload the save file anyway so you can see if there's anything you can do. The save file will be called 'Forest Green'

7 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

Having this same issue, second season in the Premier League. Just played a Tottenham full of kids, and when I checked the other team squads, both Liverpool and City had a ton of unregistered players.

Saved the game, quit and reloaded this morning and it looks like the registrations are now working because Tottenham just won with first team against Bournemouth first team as well.

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, jopps86 said:

@Ben KenneySure, I uploaded Leeds_Luzern.fm and Leeds_Luzern (v03).fm.

Thanks for the save game. I've passed this on to be looked into. 

It appears AI clubs will register more senior players at the end of the February registration window. 

Understand this won't help matches already played or up to that point. We are looking into what is causing this problem. 

2 hours ago, JB03 said:

I'm managing in the Premier League, I tried shutting the game down and opening it back up but no luck. I've started the season now as this is when I first noticed the problem so don't have a save file before hand, I will upload the save file anyway so you can see if there's anything you can do. The save file will be called 'Forest Green'

Thanks for the save game. It looks like the AI clubs will register more senior players up to the October registration deadline. We are looking into what is causing the initial problem.  

Apologies for the inconvenience this would have caused to your save game. 

Cheers,

Ben  

I am having a similar issue. End of first season I am getting messages at the bottom of negotiation screen saying "[player name] cannot be registered for SkyBet Championship until 1/1/2022". On top of this the players won't actually join my club until the named date and there is no option to amend this.

This game was started in beta and quitting and reloading has not helped.

Having a similar issue with a save that was created in the most recent steam version of FM 21. My issue is similar in the fact that there are unregistered players but it only appears to happen for some teams and it only seems to affect home-grown players too. This issue occurred at the start of our second season that my buddy and I have started together. I am Sheff Utd and he is Southampton, the other teams are non-user controlled. I wonder if this has something to do with teams in Europe as below I attached a photo of last year's prem results including who qualified for Europe. On second thought, it may not have an effect since Chelsea do not have an issue with registration. 

image.thumb.png.705c85d73fd19450727c97c833d30f8f.pngimage.thumb.png.ba2257f36efe69e62cd0224971138dd2.pngimage.thumb.png.6aa85a2a6cf4b406786b193f8e5fcd68.pngimage.thumb.png.ced369aea5625cc1730530fe842eef8d.pngimage.thumb.png.446089fc49f96d908e8dabda213e7a81.pngimage.thumb.png.6c06c1e28379283795dae4f30193fc8d.pngimage.thumb.png.78714e166e2174462b5ebdd142a341e1.pngimage.thumb.png.429e24e25dfe51c04cb05c53c79b3bf2.png

• SI Staff
On 28/12/2020 at 17:12, PadLAD said:

I am having a similar issue. End of first season I am getting messages at the bottom of negotiation screen saying "[player name] cannot be registered for SkyBet Championship until 1/1/2022". On top of this the players won't actually join my club until the named date and there is no option to amend this.

This game was started in beta and quitting and reloading has not helped.

On 29/12/2020 at 20:01, gellymister619 said:

Similar problem, 2nd season with Swindon and I cant sign any British based players and register them till January. So annoying 

Pad Lad and gellymister619 it looks as if you are encountering the issue which is covered in the below thread.  

On 29/12/2020 at 23:33, Purffy said:

Same issue with Sunderland 2nd season, reloaded and it fixed it.

Current Version was: 21.2.0-1499632

I have a save before fix and after fix if you need

If you have a save game from 2-3 weeks before the first game of the season where players are not registering the players they should be then could you please upload a save and we will take a look. 

• SI Staff
On 30/12/2020 at 15:42, Jola1613 said:

Same problem encountered in Norwegian lower leagues, sent my save in a couple of days ago, but nothing have happened

Could you please let us know the name of the save. If you have a save game several weeks before the seasons starts then that would also be very helpful. 

On 01/01/2021 at 17:28, Fellaininumber1 said:

Having a similar issue with a save that was created in the most recent steam version of FM 21. My issue is similar in the fact that there are unregistered players but it only appears to happen for some teams and it only seems to affect home-grown players too. This issue occurred at the start of our second season that my buddy and I have started together. I am Sheff Utd and he is Southampton, the other teams are non-user controlled. I wonder if this has something to do with teams in Europe as below I attached a photo of last year's prem results including who qualified for Europe. On second thought, it may not have an effect since Chelsea do not have an issue with registration. 

On 02/01/2021 at 01:43, siwybolesta said:

Hi there, 

I seem to have the same bug. When I reload the game it seems that some teams are fine but the rest still have the issue. This also seems random as each time I reload the save, its different teams. 

Please help! 

Thanks for the feedback @Fellaininumber1 and @siwybolesta if you have save games 2-3 weeks (or earlier) before the start of the season where these registration issues will occur then could you please upload a save game to our cloud service? 

On 02/01/2021 at 17:40, LeoFM said:

Having the exact same bug. Other teams in my division just don't register enough players so they play greyed-out players in games. Game breaking bug for certain.

Could you please let me know who you are managing and which division this is affecting. Like wise if you have a save game from 2-3 weeks (or earlier) before the start of the season which is affected could you please upload the save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, hungmn said:

I've uploaded couple of files. The first one is closer to new season date. It happens in Sky Bet Championship - latest patch to date.

Hung Nguyen - Charlton 4.fm

Hung Nguyen - Charlton 5.fm

Thank you very much for the save games. These have been passed on to the dev team to investigate. 

On 04/01/2021 at 16:39, Ben Kenney said:

Could you please let us know the name of the save. If you have a save game several weeks before the seasons starts then that would also be very helpful. 

Thanks for the feedback @Fellaininumber1 and @siwybolesta if you have save games 2-3 weeks (or earlier) before the start of the season where these registration issues will occur then could you please upload a save game to our cloud service? 

Could you please let me know who you are managing and which division this is affecting. Like wise if you have a save game from 2-3 weeks (or earlier) before the start of the season which is affected could you please upload the save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

No my last save was at the beginning of the season when these registration issues have already happened. I am managing Derby County in the Premier League. 

I ended up going on holiday until the end of the transfer window in October and it seems to have fixed, as teams have registered their first team players again. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again next season as it is annoying! 

Thanks for your response 😄

Edited by siwybolesta

14 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Thank you very much for the save games. These have been passed on to the dev team to investigate. 

Thank you. Also have to say the message 'Cannot register until 2/1/2022' was only lasts for 1 or 2 weeks, then suddenly it disappeared so only impact transfer for a short period of time. 

Hey

I have sort of the same problem but not completely the same. I'm managing Athletic Bilbao and I have a problem regarding registrating my C team players. I can only register 3 of the players, the rest it says "unavailable because they are registred on the first team" but they are not registred on my first team. It's not a problem on the B team, only the C team. Anybody who knows what I'm doing wrong? It's my second season at the club and at the first season there wasn't any problems. :) 

I’ve got this problem as well with my save in the Philippines! (Added through the pre game editor). The AI teams don’t register there teams until the summer transfer window a third into the season. Every single year the same thing happens. Tried to takeover another team and register there players and withdrawing after the registration deadline but some players still got unregistered.

On 22/12/2020 at 21:35, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for the save game. I've passed this on to be looked into. 

It appears AI clubs will register more senior players at the end of the February registration window. 

Understand this won't help matches already played or up to that point. We are looking into what is causing this problem. 

Thanks for the save game. It looks like the AI clubs will register more senior players up to the October registration deadline. We are looking into what is causing the initial problem.  

Apologies for the inconvenience this would have caused to your save game. 

Cheers,

Ben  

Hey Ben Thanks it works perfect!

Having the same issue. Tried to reload the game and at the next match, the same happened. I don't have a save file from weeks before registration, but since I'm using a custom database (Cambodia), I've uploaded the save so you can take a look. In this case the AI registered the worst players from the first team, and then filled up with reserve squads in all teams. What's worse, they don't even hit the maximium players (for example, registered only 27 players instead of the 35 allowed).

File name: Nahuel Phem - Visakha FC.fm

On 10/12/2020 at 12:04, Ben Kenney said:

This is an issue that was reported in the Pre Release Beta and  a potential fix had been put in for games started in full release. 

If you are encountering this issue still in a game started in the full release could you please let me know the following. 

A) If you have a save game a couple of weeks from before the season starts where this issue reproduces in the first match of the season

B) If you close down FM and reload does the issue persist. In a couple of save games we have been given by users once the save is reloaded the correct players are registered for the next league match. Whilst I understand this won't help the matches that have been played which have been affected by this issue it would be useful to know as it may help us to identify the issue.  

Cheers,

Ben

I've had this issue with my Sivasspor save. First time this happened I then restarted the game completely and started again and now it's done the exact same thing as before. As you can see its now mid-September and the Turkish transfer window has already shut (31st August) so those three clubs should have properly registered their players by now. I was previously playing a save with Stevenage as recently as last week (which I did for four seasons) and never had this problem.

Besiktas bug.png

Fenerbache bug.png

Galatasaray bug.png

37 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

If you have the save game from the 13th August then would you be able to upload your save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Ok done that!