Is it possible to "turn" Full/Fat FM into Touch FM by delegating/automating tasks?

With all of this FM Touch delay thing that is going on (the version I have been playing instead of the full version for the last three or four years) I have been wondering... for those that have played both the full and Touch versions of the game lately (FM19, FM20, FM21), or mostly the full/fat version, to which point is the full FM version "adaptable/able to be automated" in terms of delegating tasks to the CPU in order to get a closer experience to that of Touch?

Is this viable at all? I was convinced of getting Touch alone this year but to be honest, I had not considered that option and Touch seems to be an afterthought for SI these days... Can any provide any info about this? As long as I can get rid of most of the stuff I'm not interested in (press, player interactions, deep handling of training and player development...) and focus on the actual managing/tactics/transfers I'd be cool with the full "adapted" version of the game via task-delegation to assistant managers and such.

What are the main differences or aspects not included in Touch that are on FM (I think player dynamics is one, for example)?

Any opinion on this? Thanks!

Even if you delegate everything you will not have the smoothness and you will have tactical familiarity. You will have player interactions that will affect morale etc.

It is certainly a playstyle but you will not get the same feeling as FMT. 

44 minutes ago, okereke said:

With all of this FM Touch delay thing that is going on (the version I have been playing instead of the full version for the last three or four years) I have been wondering... for those that have played both the full and Touch versions of the game lately (FM19, FM20, FM21), or mostly the full/fat version, to which point is the full FM version "adaptable/able to be automated" in terms of delegating tasks to the CPU in order to get a closer experience to that of Touch?

Is this viable at all? I was convinced of getting Touch alone this year but to be honest, I had not considered that option and Touch seems to be an afterthought for SI these days... Can any provide any info about this? As long as I can get rid of most of the stuff I'm not interested in (press, player interactions, deep handling of training and player development...) and focus on the actual managing/tactics/transfers I'd be cool with the full "adapted" version of the game via task-delegation to assistant managers and such.

What are the main differences or aspects not included in Touch that are on FM (I think player dynamics is one, for example)?

Any opinion on this? Thanks!

I posted about this on a different thread sometime ago:

On 03/10/2020 at 10:49, rafaelbenitez said:

I've actually tried to replicate the FMT feel in the full game but there are definitely limitations:

• FMT beats FM for speed hands down. While it may not be able to do a 1:1 comparison (given the additional youth teams, players and competitions in full FM), with a similar set up, I would say a season on FMT would take at least 1/3 of the time it would take on full FM. This is also dependent on how much you'd like to micromanage, handle press conferences etc.
  • I've tried delegating staff to the DoF in full FM and it's less than satisfactory. A lot of spots seem to remain open for a long time without being actively filled. I also find the DoF or Technical Director doesn't really balance coaching appointments too well. I've seen cases where I have 3 or 4 outstanding defensive coaches and he hires more defensive minded coaches while my attacking coaches could be improved.
  • The AM does a decent job of training though, so this works pretty well although you might want to adjust the schedule for specific weeks.
  • Press conferences are a lottery. Your AM could say something that damages morale.
  • Scouting is pretty good, if you're a big club. Scouts always find a decent range of players and you can request additional scouting for any interesting ones. If you're a smaller club, I've found that the scouts just don't handle the scouting budget well. At Dundee, my scouts blew my entire budget in 2 months and I wasn't able to assign scouts to gain additional knowledge on any players. Ruined that save.

TL;DR: Whenever I play full FM, I do feel I have to micromange as I'm not quite satisfied with the AI handling staff recruitment and press conferences. 

Of course, this is with respect to my experiences in FMT19 and FMT20.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

In my experience, FMT is far faster then FM, even if you delegate everything in FM. Then there is plus of FMT has over FM no press conferences, just simply the old system (FM05, 06, 07) of answering one question and move on, on FM yes you can delegate to Press Conferences, but this depends on ass. Manager and if the AI works as intended. There is no tactic familiarity, so you can change tactics as you like. Also no training. Also you staff is vastly reduced to the key positions. It is FM, with the bloated stuff.

It is still far away for FM to be as faster as FMT, but it seems the optimisations of processing and save game process of Full FM, SI has been doing the last few years, makes me somewhat shaky for the future for FMT. But hey, I by now I'm known at SI headquarters as the crazy guy or the village's idiot. :P

Edited by grade

Processing aside, the big thing you can't adapt in full FM is morale effect by press conferences, team talks, player and team interaction. In FMT morale is akin to CM 01/02 and such older games. Yes, players get unhappy due to not playing enough or wanting a transfer, but it doesn't impact their performances all that much.

I also wondered this Op whether I could just take advantage of full fat FM and all the glorious skins that are available but delegate loads to the assistant. So I just downloaded the FM21 demo and jesus christ, after a hard day at work I find it simply impossible. Fair play to anyone who enjoys it but it's just information overload and literally like working at a large company where you have meeting after meeting which leaves you with no time to actually do anything meaningful

Edited by Steve1977beyond

I have a FM save and have delegated almost all tasks to the staff (I have 9 tasks and 92 delegated). While it is true there's a lot less to do, there's still a huge amount of new items, media questions, match reports, scout reports, opposition reports, that I have little interest in. Where in FMT with one or two clicks on "continue" you jump from one match to the next, on the full version it's impossible to do this because there are always new inbox items to slow you down.

I delegate quite a lot on FM too.  Press conferences, general training but not individual, arrange & take charge of friendlies, pre match instructions, team talks, etc. and I even downloaded the instant result skin so my assistant basically takes charge of all games for me, unless I hit the wrong button.  I don't believe you can delegate speaking to whining players though, which has quite frankly got out of hand.  Wanting a new contract six months after signing a new contract, not starting enough games despite starting every single game they weren't either injured or suspended for, angry because you said you'd loan them out even though you offered them out with no fee, no wage contribution and there were no offers.  I've now just got to the point where I tell them all I'm going to sell them.  No player is bigger than the club & all that.

With that lot delegated & instant result, I can probably do 1/4 a season in an evening except for post season when I spend a lot of time working on transfers.