Bored of waiting for new developments for FMM 21

30 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

There are still almost two weeks till release. i imagine SI are QA'ing and trying to cram in as much as possible before the 24th.

Be patient, my friends. I'm sure it's coming soon.

What's the QA ?

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Cothucotchy said:

Maybe you could release a tease with one new feature?

” Surprise we added the swedish league” would be a nice one. Sigames would end up high on Santas good list 😉 

We already announced that we are adding Argentina, Mexico and Canada. More info will be coming.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:51, mnpjam said:

Why not announced ? We are still waiting FMM 21 features...  If not announced I can't buy this game... Because every year same game...

Yeah, it gets annoying to wait, the mobile version seems to get less and less love every year (look at 2020 version where North American Champions League bug was never fixed for example). 

I'll still buy the game, but annoys me that we, mobile players, always seem to be left behind compared to PC players (already playing beta as we don't even know what's new on mobile). 

8 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

We already announced that we are adding Argentina, Mexico and Canada. More info will be coming.

The description on the play store we were promised more info the start of November (I'm roughly translating from portuguese) and here we are, November 13th and no more info yet. 

An injury prevalence increase of any % would be the only wish for me, but I won’t go on about that as I’ll only bore the FM arcade enthusiasts out there ☺️

Edited by JohnyBruce

16 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

An injury prevalence increase of any % would be the only wish for me, but I won’t go on about that as I’ll only bore the FM arcade enthusiasts out there ☺️

I dunno. Lost four players in my squad of 23 during the Gold cup, that was rather annoying. Still achieved runners-up but that was luck of the draw.

I think just some options to modify difficulty would be good. E.g. when player FIFA career mode I turn the injury prevalence up for this reason.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, TheHurricane said:

Are there any updates as to when feature info will be released as we are now only 8 days from release.

There is a new thread in the forum with the main features announced in it now :D

(as always there will be a number of minor additions and tweaks which we don't bother announcing)

On 16/11/2020 at 18:50, Marc Vaughan said:

There is a new thread in the forum with the main features announced in it now :D

(as always there will be a number of minor additions and tweaks which we don't bother announcing)

Roll on next Tuesday 👏🏼😋

Thanks Marc.

On 16/11/2020 at 17:25, ElliottMS said:

I dunno. Lost four players in my squad of 23 during the Gold cup, that was rather annoying. Still achieved runners-up but that was luck of the draw.

I think just some options to modify difficulty would be good. E.g. when player FIFA career mode I turn the injury prevalence up for this reason.

Hi ElliottMS,

To be able to modify difficulty, or increase / decrease injury’s ...great call 👍🏼

6 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Hi ElliottMS,

To be able to modify difficulty, or increase / decrease injury’s ...great call 👍🏼

May I rephrase that, sorry ElliottMS I was very inaccurate with my reply, so it’s not a difficulty issue with the actual game itself which I am talking about ...it’s purely the prevalence of injury’s.

Edited by JohnyBruce

56 minutes ago, JohnyBruce said:

May I rephrase that, sorry ElliottMS I was very inaccurate with my reply, so it’s not a difficulty issue with the actual game itself which I am talking about ...it’s purely the prevalence of injury’s.

That and a few other modifiers might work in terms of providing a way if customising difficulty.

Having a lot of injuries would increase difficulty, particularly in clubs where you don't have the budget for a large squad.

There was/is that scenario mode of injury crisis, but I made the mistake of choosing Chelsea when i did that, so I was able to recall all my loanees, buy loads of replacements and still walked the league... would be a different proposition at a national league south club.

The other, unrelated thing, I'd like to see is an improvement in the way the game allocates regens per nationality. I like playing as national teams with small pools of players of around 100 or less, at the moment have a game where I am managing Jamaica. What I clearly see is that when a player retires, a regen of the same position replaces them like for like. For example, Andre Blake (main Jamaican goalie) has retired. His regen has turned up at Milan, and after a year has already surpassed my next goalkeeper who replaced Blake. Jamaica will basically always have Blake's regens as number 1.

After a while it just feels like you're using the same set of players. This has always been the case in the versions I've played, I remember a career on cm 01/02  as New Zealand where Wynton Rufer's regen appeared as a quality player in a piddly new zealand team and he was good enough to help me win not just the OFC cup but the confederations cup too.

Anyway, I digress, the point I am making is it doesn't seem random enough to be realistic.

How I'd like to see it work is that each nation has a set number of minimum players, or a range, that the new regens in the game have to be allocated to. So Lionel Messi's regen could, possibly, come back as a Bhutanese player, not necessarily an Argentinian one. Still unlikely his or any world class regen wouldn't come back in a major country, because those ones will have the most retirements and therefore the most regens needed, but for it to be conceivably possible would be great, and furthermore it means that when managing a small nation, there's a chance you could get a world class player for the first time, or you might have a generation of dross, presenting its own challenges.

You'd probably need to separate goalkeepers out to keep their numbers balanced, but if a Jamaican and an English goalkeeper retired, it would be great if the chance could be there for them to be reversed.

Edited by ElliottMS

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

The other, unrelated thing, I'd like to see is an improvement in the way the game allocates regens per nationality. I like playing as national teams with small pools of players of around 100 or less, at the moment have a game where I am managing Jamaica. What I clearly see is that when a player retires, a regen of the same position replaces them like for like. For example, Andre Blake (main Jamaican goalie) has retired. His regen has turned up at Milan, and after a year has already surpassed my next goalkeeper who replaced Blake. Jamaica will basically always have Blake's regens as number 1.

After a while it just feels like you're using the same set of players. This has always been the case in the versions I've played, I remember a career on cm 01/02  as New Zealand where Wynton Rufer's regen appeared as a quality player in a piddly new zealand team and he was good enough to help me win not just the OFC cup but the confederations cup too.

Actually this hasn't been the case for quite a few years in FMM, as part of some tweaks I did a while back we allow far more national teams to be manageable and then if you take a nations job it will redirect some suitable retirements towards that nation to ensure its as playable as possible.

So in your case if you're managing Jamaica you'll find that the player pool should expand somewhat (until it hits a healthy amount of players) over time as you play onward.

In all honesty this seems to me a lot like people shouting that they've signed Messi's regen just because he's Argentinian and plays in the same kind of positions .. I will double check things tho.

I did actually notice that recently - took over the Saudi Arabia national team and for the first couple of years regens would appear at a wide range of clubs - I thought that was really good! Only thing I would potentially change is where they appear - all of them appeared in European clubs  vs. Saudi or even Asian teams (I only had Asian leagues loaded). Ideally you would want these regens appearing in the local clubs but I appreciate that may be harder to do.

• SI Staff
34 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

I did actually notice that recently - took over the Saudi Arabia national team and for the first couple of years regens would appear at a wide range of clubs - I thought that was really good! Only thing I would potentially change is where they appear - all of them appeared in European clubs  vs. Saudi or even Asian teams (I only had Asian leagues loaded). Ideally you would want these regens appearing in the local clubs but I appreciate that may be harder to do.

Yeah the problem with having them in local teams is that they might just 'dangle' and be unused, there are a finite number of players in the game and I also need to ensure that clubs stay populated (in order to remain competitive in their leagues) ... as with everything as devices get more powerful we'll have more flexibility on the number of players active and what can be done in this regard.

Great read, some good questions and interesting answers. I have one - so you know how the German national team doesn’t exist in the game (players wise I mean) ...well, what leaves me a little confused is and I’ve not brought it up before, is this German unmanned national team often wins its games against a variety of teams both poor and very good - how statistically is this possible (what’s being processed in the match) if you have 22 German players with quite literally zero stats up against, well, any team WITH stats?

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Great read, some good questions and interesting answers. I have one - so you know how the German national team doesn’t exist in the game (players wise I mean) ...well, what leaves me a little confused is and I’ve not brought it up before, is this German unmanned national team often wins its games against a variety of teams both poor and very good - how statistically is this possible (what’s being processed in the match) if you have 22 German players with quite literally zero stats up against, well, any team WITH stats?

Where teams don't have players through no fault of their own (ie. inactive league or whatever) we grade their 'virtual' players differently to those found in teams which 'should' have players.

Virtual players come in two strands:

(1) If your team is 'active' then your virtual players are 'graded' as being untried youth team players (and thus fairly rubbish in the main, although a very few might have some potential).
(2) If your team is 'inactive' (ie. German national team) then we try and make the virtual players equivalent to what the real-life players would be in terms of ability and performance. This is important in keep the game balance/realism and ensuring that results don't simply skew towards active leagues.

19 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah the problem with having them in local teams is that they might just 'dangle' and be unused, there are a finite number of players in the game and I also need to ensure that clubs stay populated (in order to remain competitive in their leagues) ... as with everything as devices get more powerful we'll have more flexibility on the number of players active and what can be done in this regard.

I thought that would be the case, still being able to play with a wide range of national teams is amazing so I am happy they even get populated. I was impressed national teams such as Uzbekistan, Syria etc. were all playable - really helped make my Asia save more immersive :)

47 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

I thought that would be the case, still being able to play with a wide range of national teams is amazing so I am happy they even get populated. I was impressed national teams such as Uzbekistan, Syria etc. were all playable - really helped make my Asia save more immersive :)

Can I ask - is Iraq playable by any chance? 

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Where teams don't have players through no fault of their own (ie. inactive league or whatever) we grade their 'virtual' players differently to those found in teams which 'should' have players.

Virtual players come in two strands:

(1) If your team is 'active' then your virtual players are 'graded' as being untried youth team players (and thus fairly rubbish in the main, although a very few might have some potential).
(2) If your team is 'inactive' (ie. German national team) then we try and make the virtual players equivalent to what the real-life players would be in terms of ability and performance. This is important in keep the game balance/realism and ensuring that results don't simply skew towards active leagues.

Thanks Marc, wow that’s deep 🙂 (amazing)

God sounds quite complex to put together but am really grateful for the explanation thank you - I couldn’t work it out.

Cheers Marc 👍🏼

1 hour ago, corinthiano said:

Yep! North Korea too, Wesley Sneijder is the current manager in the save haha

Weird. I've never seen that job come up in a 30 season save game. 

Can you get those jobs via in-game means or do you use the changes.txt?

• SI Staff

The jobs available at national level are down to the numbers of players with that nationality loaded - there have to be a minimum number in a nation available for it to be manageable ... thus if you want to manage a nation in a particular continent then often ensuring a league is active within that continent will help that be a possibility.

On 19/11/2020 at 11:29, passenger58 said:

Interesting points, Elliott. Enjoyed reading that. 

I didn't realise a nation the size of Jamaica was manageable in FMM. Can I ask - did you get the Jamaica job in-game or was it via changes.txt?

In game. I have US, England, Scotland and Australian leagues loaded - the US league is likely the most important for making sure Jamaica are manageable. This is FMM19 by the way, for context (can barely wait for Tuesday).

It was a deliberate aim. Started unemployed as a Jamaican national with the explicit aim of securing the Jamaica job through merit. Got my first job at Dagenham and Redbridge, got them promoted through playoffs then to League One. Was then offered AFC wimbledon job before securing the Jamaica job. I quit AFC wimbledon after a while but got bored of only managing a nation and took job up at Livingston which has been really fun.

So far I've come runners up twice at consecutive gold cups, and just qualified for my first CONCACAF nations league finals. Problem is, Mexico and US are always far better than me - I don't have enough quality at my disposal it seems.

Also led them to a world cup, where I got drawn into a group of three with Brazil and Spain. So just the two games at the world cup then.

On 19/11/2020 at 19:53, Marc Vaughan said:

Actually this hasn't been the case for quite a few years in FMM, as part of some tweaks I did a while back we allow far more national teams to be manageable and then if you take a nations job it will redirect some suitable retirements towards that nation to ensure its as playable as possible.

So in your case if you're managing Jamaica you'll find that the player pool should expand somewhat (until it hits a healthy amount of players) over time as you play onward.

In all honesty this seems to me a lot like people shouting that they've signed Messi's regen just because he's Argentinian and plays in the same kind of positions .. I will double check things tho.

Really appreciate your reply Marc, thanks for explaining that.

I keenly remember a career on fmm18 where I got the Cameroon job, where very quickly my narrow pool of players expanded massively with world class players and it was quite a doddle to win the world cup!

I haven't seen this so much with Jamaica. I'd say the number of players I have to pick from has stayed stable, with similar quality to pick from. Perhaps it has increased slightly from around 80 to around 90. And that's fine.

It did seem coincidental that a top keeper retired and a new one appeared. I guess from what you're saying it may actually be that this new goalkeeper is not Andre Blake's regen but another one of similar quality of maybe even higher. I only have 5 keepers to choose from so I guess that makes sense to ensure i get a new one to pick from.

My final act on fmm19 before the release of fmm21 tomorrow was to sell this chap, which apparently also gave me the achievement of Wheeler Dealer and the no transfer window unlockable. Seems like a good place to stop!

Farewell sweet prince.

20201123_083220.jpg