Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niktheblade1

Has FM/CM ever made you hate or love a real life player or team?

64 posts in this topic

Love

teams - ajax, blackburn, orlando pirates

players - fernando gago, huntelaar, nicolas millan, lebohang mokoena

Hate

teams - Derby(they were made too good)

players - marlon harlewood, thiago motta

Not only does FM make me love some players and hate others but I remember being convinced that Arsenal had signed Thuram on a free transfer about 5 years ago because it happened on my FM game. I was gutted about it too becuase i'm a Man Utd fan.

eddie johnson!on FM07.0.2

200 goals in 5 championship winning seasons with liverpool + a lot of cups

wiht my FM07 escapades i loved Birmingham and Stoke, but since Mcleish went the the brum, it's just stoke now.

Interestingly enough this version of fm2008 had Rozenhal (NUFC) as a whining player when he wasn't picked regularly.

Turned out to be so rl like, now on loan to lazio.

Stranger things happen.

icon_wink.gif

I believe it was in FM05 (whichever version was the first year with the blobs and before Chelsea ACTUALLY won the Prem), while managing Chelsea that I fell in LOVE with Adrian Mutu. He did EVERYTHING for me - scored, assisted, an all-around performer who almost made me buy his shirt. The funny thing is I led Chelsea to their first Prem title since 1955 as a Portuguese manager and then Mourinho comes along and does it IRL. Was I the first SPECIAL ONE???

I'm thinking about going to Berlin in the summer,partly because of my wish to watch one of the 1.FC Union Berlin's matches... icon_biggrin.gif

There is loads for me first of all Laurent Robert when he was at newcastle i used to play him upfront and make him take everything and he was my top scorer loved him since icon_smile.gif . Secondly Cherno Samba i just love him and even though hes gone crap now on FM08 i sign him occasionally. And the biggest one of all is stafford rangers and boyd mwila, ever had him hes rapid and very cheap he scored for fun and loved him since. Its also great when a player you found on FM does well on maybe comes to the premier league like Rade Prica scored for Sunderland on his debut i had him a while back and when he scored i was happy for him .

I've started to follow Wolves' games this year. I really enjoy managing them on FM and they are my favourite side in the game.

Haven't got to dislike anyone yet really, exept for Manchester United and Everton but that is standard hence I am a Liverpool fan. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Love

Ben Muirhead - (used to be free transfer, but was at Man U in later games)

Carlos Vela - Always turns out amazing

Justin Geocelin - Became my fave ever player from CM/FM. In one release he became a superstar striker, gaining England caps and all. IIRC, he's now in jail.

Julius Aghahowa - Always cheap, and a very good forward. Signed him for most clubs I managed.

Cristiano Ronaldo/Ricardo Quaresma/Thiago Motta - The ultimate trio. From about FM05 onwards, until all three made their big moves, I would always without fail sign all three from Sporting. Quaresma became a phenom in every save, Ronaldo was also amazing, and Motta was a great back up winger.

Hate

Arjen Robben. He was always a twat in-game, turns out FM had his character spot on.

I don't really hate any other players due to FM. Due to real life though, I refuse to buy certain players in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To think Justin Georcelin lived on my street..

Carlos Tevez. Back in his Boca days I thought he was the bomb. Went into a Tevez frenzy buying the shirt and all.. Although it looks pretty good a few years on now he's at United icon_smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niktheblade1:

who do you love/hate because of the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I follow the sport of soccer/football as partial result of CM.

Its really that simple, I didn't know anything about world soccer outside of the world cup before trying out CM00. There was no USA league afaik then so I went with the English league and have followed my team in England more than any team here in the states in any sport since.

Haven't decided whether or not i'm grateful yet icon_smile.gif

On FM07 I managed rangers, I bought Steven Fletcher from Hibs and he was my top goalscorer every season.

rumour had it Rangers were actually looking to sign Fletcher IRL and I got all excited because I thought that maybe, somehow the same may happen as it did in the game, but he signed a new contract with hibs. icon_confused.gif

I really like the player now and I actually enjoy watching him score goals for hibs (except against rangers).

sad but true.