Plumbing the depths - ideas?

Hello there,

I'm enjoying the new game. Playing with Blyth. Couple of issues that could maybe be addressed?

The reserve league has Blyth playing with the Southern teams which is a bit unrealistic. Also the assistant, good old Graham Fenton, can watch a reserve game while simultaneously leading the line for the first team. A great feat.

Also, and I don't know how feasible this is, would it be possible to allow below Blue Square North/South teams to pick up reserve players on loan or free transfers. Obviously no similar team wants your cast offs and in real life they'd head off to the next rung down instead of hanging around or being terminated at a cost. Phil Bell, for example, has just signed for the mighty Whitley Bay in real life as he was nowhere near the Blyth first team. It's a similar in game situation. Regens could perhaps be included with these non playable teams? If Blyth need a forward, for example, in real life they'd raid the local leagues.

On the whole though it's a good game and I enjoy the 3D engine but I agree there are a few too many thirty yard screamers. Cheers.

Reading the thread on regionalised draws for the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup I think that Blyth may be down as a Southern club somehow as all the early fixtures are southern clubs in addition to the reserve and U18 leagues detailed above. However, they're still linked to north east clubs for loans, rivalries and the like.

I have found this also. Especially annoying in the FA Cup when they got drawn against Hastings.

Trying to find a reason it isn't the latitude and longitude as these are set correctly. The only thing that is missing is the weather. It should be English Northern but instead there is no selection. Can't imagine that would make any difference though. Must be a programming error somewhere.

Oh well, at least it's been flagged up now so hopefully it'll come to someone's attention. I got Hastings in the cup too actually; it'd be a shame if the random factor was out as well. Should be an exciting affair next weekend at Dean Court. Up the Spartans!

Archived