The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, Braumiller said:

What resources are you folks using for personality guides currently?  The two links I have in my favorites are from 2012 (very out of date) and 2019

In other news, always a concern for us all and I just got my first instance of it :(

image.png.64a78d89990964927c5f862aff5d50d8.png

My own lists based on that kind of topics. 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badge.jpg.8d589cb544e54551bb7531c9872b087d.jpg

SEASON 8 - 2028/29 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS - COMPETITION REVIEW

MANAGER PROFILE - CHARACTERISTICS - ATTRIBUTES

CLUB PROFILE - GENERAL - FACILITIES - HONOURS - FINANCES - TRANSFERS

LEAGUE CUP

Through the group in a quite easy manner, with 4 wins and a draw. Easily beaten 2-0 by KR in the semi-final. 

LEAGUE

Really slow start in the league, with just 1 win in the opening 7 games. The 7th game being a 6-0 defeat at Fylkir. Really dissapointing. I had worried that it was going to be another relegation scrap, but the 6-0 defeat seemed to spur us into gear. Of the following 8 league games, we would win 6 and draw 1. Really good form ending with the cup final (see below). I don't know if we were still drunk, but we followed the final up with two very poor games which resulted in two 2-0 defeats. The league is so tight and at any stage a few bad results can really make you drop, I thought we may fizzle out, but we managed to bounce back winning 3 on the bounce, then finished the season with two respectable draws, resulting in a 3rd place finish. It probably should have been 2nd, but I am very happy with the league season. 

ICELANDIC CUP

A non- league draw for the 3rd round allowd me to completely rest the first 11. We scrapped to a 1-1 draw with FH in the 4th round and completely dominated extra-time to come out 4-1 winners. This was the turning point for the whole season really. A good 1-0 win over Breioablik meant that we were into the semi-final to face First Division Fram. A great performance saw us back into the final were we would meet Grindavik. A close game looked to be heading for extra-time when Marteinn Bergsson popped up at the back post to smash home and put us 1-0 with just 4 minutes remaining. Don't do nothing stupid and cup is ours (again)! Well, we did do something stupid. Just three minutes later the normally reliable Oskar Sigporsson (GK) came out for a cross and took it perfectly. Only to throw it straight to an opposition player who rolled it into an empty net. Extra-time. I was worried that we would be deflated, but I shouldn't have been. There was only going to be one winner in extra-time and goals from Bergsson again and 2 from forward Kjartan Stefansson, meant the cup was coming back to Haukar for the 2nd time in 3 years and the 3rd time in my 8 years with the club!

THE PLAYERS

So a much better season this year. Brynjarson was completely moved aside to allow some of the younger players the game time they need and only made 1 appearance. He will move on, on a free transfer, but what a player he was for us. I decided to give Marteinn Bergsson a run as the left sided striker (either footed) and he stepped up scoring 17 in 30. He had been out in the cold and probably thought he'd missed the boat, being 22 at the start of the season. Kristofer Hinirikson carried on last seasons form with 17 in 23. It would of been more, only he missed around 10 games representing Iceland's U-19s and U-20's. So frustrating!! My favourite player, Gylfi Sigurjonsson had another solid season (7.23 av rating) and Illugi Por Ludvigsson had made the right back spot his own, by the end of the season. 

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Every intake has been pretty similar so far and this was no different. Amar Por Ingvarsson has a lot of similarities with Hinriksen, so I am hoping he can be re-trained as a striker for the coming season. He did snaek in at the end of the season and scored on his debut to become the leagues youngest ever scorer.

OVERVIEW

An excellent season overall, 3rd place and a cup win, which also brings Europe next season. I would take the exact same season for the next few years if offerered.

Off the field the youth recruitment was upgraded to Exceptional and junior coaching was increased to Excellent. Hopefully we will see the benefits in the coming seasons. Going semi-proffesional didn't seem to impact much in the end. Every player renewed contracts on to a part time basis when their current deals were almost up. They have also allowed me to continue my badges and so I am in the process of gaining a continental A licence. And finally, I was named Manager of the Year :-)

342728758_SeasonInfo.PNG.7045915d512b53ea505fc7f3278a2ae9.PNG

FC United of Manchester ; season 2021/22

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

My manager ; i.e me.

League Table ; A first season beyond even my most optimistic expectations as we won the National League North as we were 100/1 odds for the title. The end of the season couldn't come soon enough, as my form went quite erratic as the lack of squad depth really began to take it's toll with lack of fit players. Thankfully York and Chester weren't consistent enough to overtake me.

Squad ; The lads that got me there. Still not sure how I managed it with this group of misfits. An honourable mention to Calum Woods who was my 34 year old right back and hung up his boots at the end of the season before I screenshotted. You can see also a couple of my youth intake you I put in at the end of the season for a few games.

Starting 11 ; This is how we set up and the stand out performers. 

Transfers ; I lost Curtis Jones before a ball was kicked as he was transfer listed on reset day and on a non contract so couldn't unlist him. I thought this would completely kill my chances but thankfully not.

Youth Candidates ; a very decent bunch, although too unambitious. A new HOYD has already been hired to see to that going forward.

The stand out player is Derek Hardy, who is already in my first team and was capped at u19 level by Ireland within a month of appearing in the game. Hopefully he doesn't do a Declan Rice in the future.

Next season expectations ; As expected, it's to fight bravely against relegation. Let's see what we can do.

Youth Candidates

Season 2026/27

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

So have we managed a fourth straight year of terrific intakes?  No.  Unfortunately not, though still a decent intake by normal standards.

6f8rC95.png

9ed67a7.png

YYCWQOZ.png

yIKFio8.png

sl0VrG9.png