[Africa] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Africa competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Africa competitions should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

1) Africa nations cup 2023 (Ivory coast host country): missing Olympic Epimbé Stadium of Ivory Coast and other host stadiums

2) the host country is not in the group A like in real life for Asian Nations Cup, European Championship, and Africa Nations Cup

3) Missing African Nations championship 2020 (annulated in the game, directly, who go directly to the 2022 edition), in the real life the 2020 edition will be played in 2021

4) DR Congo already played a word cup in 1974 but in the game when we qualified for the world cup they said it's the first time the country qualified for the world cup

Edited by GladiaCranK

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, GladiaCranK said:

4) DR Congo already played a word cup in 1974 but in the game when we qualified for the world cup they said it's the first time the country qualified for the world cup

Do you have a save for this? Could you please upload it to the SI Cloud forums using the instructions below? Thank you.

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, GladiaCranK said:

1) Africa nations cup 2023 (Ivory coast host country): missing Olympic Epimbé Stadium of Ivory Coast and other host stadiums

2) the host country is not in the group A like in real life for Asian Nations Cup, European Championship, and Africa Nations Cup

3) Missing African Nations championship 2020 (annulated in the game, directly, who go directly to the 2022 edition), in the real life the 2020 edition will be played in 2021

Technically it is correct that Democratic Republic of Congo have never played in a World Cup, but should it be treated as though Zaire's appearance at the 1974 World Cup counts as an appearance for the Democratic Republic of Congo?  Was it purely a name change, with no geographical / sensitive political changes?  Apologies for not being fully up to speed on my history / politics here.  

I was checking the African qualification system because it was entirely broken in FM20. It appears to be giving 2 Champions league + 2 Confederations cup to South African teams which as a top 12 nation in Africa is correct. However, this is not shown in the qualification places screen where every nation is listed as 1 place;

image.png.6fafcd046e502c4f2008fedc3d0bbb9c.png

It is also not shown in the league rules, which should (and does) give champions league to 1st and 2nd, confederations cup to 3rd and 4th (depending on cup winner).

image.png.c2b4bf0b9927cad29a6c11d6626fac93.png

I cannot check whether this competition gives places properly for other leagues at the moment of course but it does appear to be giving the correct number of places for all nations. It appears some of the issues from FM20 are fixed here but it certainly isn't displaying the information correctly in the user interface.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 11/11/2020 à 18:36, Dan Ormsby a dit :

Technically it is correct that Democratic Republic of Congo have never played in a World Cup, but should it be treated as though Zaire's appearance at the 1974 World Cup counts as an appearance for the Democratic Republic of Congo?  Was it purely a name change, with no geographical / sensitive political changes?  Apologies for not being fully up to speed on my history / politics here.  

yes because it's the same country, only the name changed but Zaire is DR Congo, same people same territory same country, only the name changed in 1997

African continental competition qualifying still has some issues that haven't been fixed.

image.png.d38ea9c16b73527f62bfad507b44cac3.png

This screen is complete nonsense. The top top 12 nations should, and do in FM, qualify 2 teams to champions league and 2 teams to confederations cup which is not what is displayed here.

image.png.586a0c92cd964e6b4a7a4065025db6c5.png

Also leads to this screen for South Africa league rules being wrong. The top 2 South African teams do qualify for champions league, 3rd and 4th to confederations cup depending on the cup winner.

Finally, I was also testing with Egyptian league in which I saw the winner of the confederation cup not qualify for it the following season despite their league position and winning the competition both qualifying the team. With South African sides I haven't seen this issue to test yet. Winning the champions league and the South African league does lead to qualification as it should and winning confederation cup but missing out on the slot in the league also qualifies as it should in South Africa.

I reported most of these issues in the beta, its less buggy than in fm20 but a few problems still.

• 2 months later...

Africa Cup of Nations Qualification 2022

Ivory Coast (Elfenbeinküste) as host of the Africa Cup of Nations 2023 is already qualified. Why is Cameroon (Kamerun) out in Group F as 2nd place and Kenya (Kenia) qualified as 3rd place in group E?

148503778_AfricaCupofNations-Qualifikation_bersicht.thumb.png.fe09cedf172bce74c58298e214cb3823.png

Edited by crocodile

• 3 months later...
Hi. this is my first post on this forum, if I put it in the wrong place, sorry. In FM 2021 I mostly play for clubs and national teams from Africa. I noticed that B national teams play in the African Nations Championship tournament, which is not true. Is it possible to fix it in the FM21 version and can I expect it to be done correctly in the FM22 version? I will only add that in FM19 it was reproduced very well. greet and wait for a reply

• SI Staff
On 27/05/2021 at 08:08, rafalsmolik said:

Hi. this is my first post on this forum, if I put it in the wrong place, sorry. In FM 2021 I mostly play for clubs and national teams from Africa. I noticed that B national teams play in the African Nations Championship tournament, which is not true. Is it possible to fix it in the FM21 version and can I expect it to be done correctly in the FM22 version? I will only add that in FM19 it was reproduced very well. greet and wait for a reply

Hi there, this is a decision we made by design after consultation with our Head Researcher for Africa.  While in real life the games may not be billed as "B" internationals, the nations are restricted to only selecting players that play in their domestic leagues, plus the matches do not count as full international caps.  So we decided the best course of action was to have the competition contested in FM by the nation "B" teams.  Hope this explains.

• 2 months later...