[Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Germany competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Germany should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hopefully this is in the right place. Started a Leipzig game and the German reputations seem poorly set, or something. I’m 400-1 to win the CL, Bayern are 50-1, Dortmund 150-1 and BMG 1000-1. I’ve tried signing players and lost a player to QPR. 

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Umbiggy said:

Hopefully this is in the right place. Started a Leipzig game and the German reputations seem poorly set, or something. I’m 400-1 to win the CL, Bayern are 50-1, Dortmund 150-1 and BMG 1000-1. I’ve tried signing players and lost a player to QPR. 

Not the right place I'm afraid - please post this in the Germany thread on the database & research forum if you have evidence that the reputations seem wrong.  Otherwise it may be an issue to do with odds for the gameplay team.  Thanks.

I play with Schalke 04 and my first-roud opponent in the first round of the DFB-Pokal is SC Paderborn. Because they're a club from the 2.Bundesliga it's not possible for them to play a match at home in the first round. Also Magdeburg as a 3rd division team, isnt allowed to play away until the final.

I hope you can understand my bad English. :D 

DFB-Pokal Bug.png

Am 10.11.2020 um 22:58 schrieb ernemann:

The German Bundesliga a few months ago changed from this season on, so young players from age 16 can play in Bundesliga and the rest af the divisions. Still stands as 17 in the game ;)

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/new-minimum-age-for-players-of-the-future-youssoufa-moukoko-10723

@David Siddall - one for you please

Maybe the Bundesliga is allowing this, but due the legal license rights (DFL and others) it is not allowed to have a player younger than 16 (30/06/2004) in the game.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb finnek96:

I play with Schalke 04 and my first-roud opponent in the first round of the DFB-Pokal is SC Paderborn. Because they're a club from the 2.Bundesliga it's not possible for them to play a match at home in the first round. Also Magdeburg as a 3rd division team, isnt allowed to play away until the final.

DFB-Pokal Bug.png

Any sources, where this is mentioned ??

As far as i can see, there is mentioned in a rule, that the draw for the first round will be in 2 pots.
Pot 1 = Bundesliga teams and the best 14 teams from the Bundesliga 2
Pot 2 = 2. Bundesliga team, placed 15-18 and all the other teams (3.Liga, ....)

Obviously this rule is not working correctly in the beta. 
I will forward this.

@Dan Ormsby 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Umbiggy:

Could you please post this again in the correct thread (Database & Research Forum) and tell me about the odds from the other teams.

21 minutes ago, Fire_03 said:

@David Siddall - one for you please

Maybe the Bundesliga is allowing this, but due the legal license rights (DFL and others) it is not allowed to have a player younger than 16 (30/09/2004) in the game.

In the game it says no player under 17 Can play in Germany, but it should be no player under 16 just like in England France and other country 😜

43 minutes ago, Fire_03 said:

Could you please post this again in the correct thread (Database & Research Forum) and tell me about the odds from the other teams.

Is there anywhere I can access the preseason odds for the CL ? I’ve got them for the Bundesliga through season preview but can’t find a similar option for the CL to view them now the tournaments started. I’ll pull a screenshot if so.

The subbing rule is not correctly implemented: In FM we can sub five times whenever we want. In reality these five subs are restricted to 3+1 "windows", i.e. the manager can only bring faces in at halftime and thrice during the game; if he wants to use all five subs he has to make a double-sub at least once.

Also dito to the age rule. For consistency's sake it should be changed, even if Moukoko can't be in the database. I could somewhat understand if it stays as it is as the old versions gave us already a few months more than real life but a change is still a change :)

I have a similar problem as Finnek with the DFB-Pokal. Not with 3 Liga teams, in six starts they were always sorted nicely. But with teams the leagues below -- they played against each others a few times.

Squad numbers for Bundesliga are restricted to 1-40, but in real life once you register 40+ players you are allowed to have numbers above 40. This is why Kampl can wear 44 for example. This is however not possible in game. Would be cool if you could add that rule.

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, AUTFabi said:

Squad numbers for Bundesliga are restricted to 1-40, but in real life once you register 40+ players you are allowed to have numbers above 40. This is why Kampl can wear 44 for example. This is however not possible in game. Would be cool if you could add that rule.

This is in game.  Once you reach all 40 squad numbers assigned, you will be allowed to allocate squad numbers 41, 42, 43 etc. until everyone has a squad number.

Just now, Dan Ormsby said:

This is in game.  Once you reach all 40 squad numbers assigned, you will be allowed to allocate squad numbers 41, 42, 43 etc. until everyone has a squad number.

Ok nice but I think the rule is that 40 players have to be REGISTERED, not have a squad number. Also the AI seems to ignore this and already changed Kampl's number.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, AUTFabi said:

Ok nice but I think the rule is that 40 players have to be REGISTERED, not have a squad number. Also the AI seems to ignore this and already changed Kampl's number.

We have implemented what we were told by our German research team, so they will need to respond to this.  Players with pre-existing squad numbers such as Kampl probably is, will have their real life squad numbers set.

1 minute ago, Dan Ormsby said:

We have implemented what we were told by our German research team, so they will need to respond to this.  Players with pre-existing squad numbers such as Kampl probably is, will have their real life squad numbers set.

Ok so do I have to post this somewhere else? And I know that pre-existing squad numbers are set at the start of the game but once the first squad numbers deadline comes up they change it. At least they have done it for Kampl, even though, I assume, 44 is his preffered number.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, finnek96 said:

DFB-Pokal Bug.png

Thank you, this is now logged and under review.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, AUTFabi said:

Ok so do I have to post this somewhere else? And I know that pre-existing squad numbers are set at the start of the game but once the first squad numbers deadline comes up they change it. At least they have done it for Kampl, even though, I assume, 44 is his preffered number.

Ok right I see, yeah you would need to bring this up probably in the "All Other Gameplay" forum if they are changing his official squad number soon after game start.  They shouldn't be doing that regardless of there being a rule that says they probably can't change it to 44 anyway!

5 hours ago, Piperita said:

The subbing rule is not correctly implemented: In FM we can sub five times whenever we want. In reality these five subs are restricted to 3+1 "windows", i.e. the manager can only bring faces in at halftime and thrice during the game; if he wants to use all five subs he has to make a double-sub at least once.

Also dito to the age rule. For consistency's sake it should be changed, even if Moukoko can't be in the database. I could somewhat understand if it stays as it is as the old versions gave us already a few months more than real life but a change is still a change :)

I have a similar problem as Finnek with the DFB-Pokal. Not with 3 Liga teams, in six starts they were always sorted nicely. But with teams the leagues below -- they played against each others a few times.

It should be just like in Ligue 1, Premier league and so on. No player under 16 Can play. Really hope they change it so Will be Like IRL 

20 hours ago, Fire_03 said:

Any sources, where this is mentioned ??

As far as i can see, there is mentioned in a rule, that the draw for the first round will be in 2 pots.
Pot 1 = Bundesliga teams and the best 14 teams from the Bundesliga 2
Pot 2 = 2. Bundesliga team, placed 15-18 and all the other teams (3.Liga, ....)

Obviously this rule is not working correctly in the beta. 
I will forward this.

@Dan Ormsby 

Yeah, it's correct with the pots, how you mentioned it. :)

Edit: The substitution problem was named before. :)

Edited by finnek96

On 10/11/2020 at 22:58, ernemann said:

The German Bundesliga a few months ago changed from this season on, so young players from age 16 can play in Bundesliga and the rest af the divisions. Still stands as 17 in the game ;)

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/new-minimum-age-for-players-of-the-future-youssoufa-moukoko-10723

Will this be fixed please ?

20201112152818_1.thumb.jpg.c1002e50298bd23568ccdd40ab30cad5.jpg

Eintracht Frankfurt will play Werder Bremen on matchday 6. Logically, they would have to wait until the 23rd matchday to play against them again. But here the match takes place after the game against Hertha BSC. This is not correct. It concerns by the way also other teams.

20201112152906_1.thumb.jpg.e37aa99acf9b27666eadc9e963db922e.jpg

The schedule seems to be wildly mixed up here. This is not correct either. In addition, this season only a simple round is played without a second round.

20201112153017_1.thumb.jpg.6dfc3f3126a6f4bc1eee9645ac2e49b3.jpg

Last year I had already noticed that the DFB-Junioren Vereinspokal takes place with 32 teams. Unfortunately, this time again there are only 21, and I would like to ask for a correction in this respect.

In the German U19 Division South/Southwest, my Under-19 player David Hummel isn't allowed to play due to the maximum age requirement, although he was playing this season in real life. Maybe his birthday on the first of January is the issue?

Real life stats: https://www.transfermarkt.de/david-hummel/profil/spieler/472248

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 15.34.31.png

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 15.36.57.png

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 15.39.22.png

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 15.47.41.png

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Will this be fixed please ?

Sorry, but I've just been informed by our resident licensing expert that we will not be able to include this for FM21 for licensing reasons.  If we can include it for a future version we will. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dani190283:

Eintracht Frankfurt will play Werder Bremen on matchday 6. Logically, they would have to wait until the 23rd matchday to play against them again. But here the match takes place after the game against Hertha BSC. This is not correct. It concerns by the way also other teams.

The schedule seems to be wildly mixed up here. This is not correct either. In addition, this season only a simple round is played without a second round.

Last year I had already noticed that the DFB-Junioren Vereinspokal takes place with 32 teams. Unfortunately, this time again there are only 21, and I would like to ask for a correction in this respect.

Das mit den Spielplan der Bundesliga ist ab der zweiten Saison korrekt.The schedule in 1 Bundesliga is from second Season correct.

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Sorry, but I've just been informed by our resident licensing expert that we will not be able to include this for FM21 for licensing reasons.  If we can include it for a future version we will. 

Thanks for the information , not a good thing :( 

Edited by OlivierL

Got an issue with the German Cup where we are allowed 5 subs but ive only made 3 (one was made at HT) and it says i cannot make anymore, it is time restrictive? Should add just played a league game and have made 5 subs.20201113205917_1.thumb.jpg.2a2625d1ce8262775354cac4818c1ebb.jpg20201113210949_1.thumb.jpg.3b2d1cb9ffb8003bae6d1c3f191b8060.jpg

Edited by FMZ
updated info

Am 11.11.2020 um 12:19 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

Not the right place I'm afraid - please post this in the Germany thread on the database & research forum if you have evidence that the reputations seem wrong.  Otherwise it may be an issue to do with odds for the gameplay team.  Thanks.

Nothing we can do from the research side.
Its one for the gameplay team

Am 11.11.2020 um 16:33 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

For sure not from me. 
Maybe this was mentioned from the former HR, but i´ve never heard from such a rule.

On 12/11/2020 at 18:15, Dan Ormsby said:

Could you tell us why it is a licence issue? I mean they can use players at 16 years and older in France, England and many other countries? :onmehead:

There are some rules issues in the 3. Liga

1. In game you can have 20 players in your match squad, in real live it is only 18 (Unfortunately I haven't really found a source that clearly states this, but when the 2. Bundesligen allowed larger match squads, the 3. Liga just didn't follow suit)

2. In game you can make 5 subs, real live only 3 for the 20/21 season (https://www.kicker.de/3_liga_entscheidet_rueckkehr_zu_drei_wechseln-783216/artikel#:~:text=Das%20DFB%2DPr%C3%A4sidium%20hat%20beschlossen,Liga%20gilt%20das%20allerdings%20nicht.&text=Seit%20der%20Wiederaufnahme%20des%20Spielbetriebs,f%C3%BCnf%20Auswechslungen%20pro%20Spiel%20m%C3%B6glich.)

Those rules are different in the 3. Liga than in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.

10 hours ago, theorenwulf said:

1. In game you can have 20 players in your match squad, in real live it is only 18 (Unfortunately I haven't really found a source that clearly states this, but when the 2. Bundesligen allowed larger match squads, the 3. Liga just didn't follow suit)

2. In game you can make 5 subs, real live only 3 for the 20/21 season (https://www.kicker.de/3_liga_entscheidet_rueckkehr_zu_drei_wechseln-783216/artikel#:~:text=Das%20DFB%2DPr%C3%A4sidium%20hat%20beschlossen,Liga%20gilt%20das%20allerdings%20nicht.&text=Seit%20der%20Wiederaufnahme%20des%20Spielbetriebs,f%C3%BCnf%20Auswechslungen%20pro%20Spiel%20m%C3%B6glich.)

Those rules are different in the 3. Liga than in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.

yes you´re right. there are only 7 player on the replacement bank in 3.liga. 

And the 3 substitutions i say allready before, too.

WHEN YOU MANAGE IN GERMANY AND YOU HAVE A B TEAM THAT ISNT IN THE PLAYABLE LEAGUES, THEIR SCHEDULE IS ALWAYS EMPTY AND YOU NEED TO RELY ON FRIENDLIES

CAN IT BE SIMULATED EVEN IF THE LEAGUE IS NOT PLAYABLE, AND SHOW HOW THE B TEAM IS DOING AND WHEN ITS GETTING PROMOTED TO PLAYABLE LEAGUES.

I LIKE TO MANAGE IN GERMANY BUT NOT HAVING THE ABILITY TO CHECK ON MY B TEAM IS A BIG TURN OFF

In my opinion the Haaland clause hast to get out of the game? As far as i know, no one in an offical function or the player ever confirmed, that such a clause exists. There is a lot of speculation about a clause i the media, but with different dates and amounts an so on.

So i dont think that only rumor is a reason to put it in the game?

Erling Haaland has a release clause set for £69m (expires 31/7/2021). I dont believe that be correct. Lost rumours about a clause that comes into play in 2022. Surely with facts, there shouldn't be a release clause at all? Will it be removed from the full version?

thanks

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 20.25.18.png

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 15:47, ernemann said:

Could you tell us why it is a licence issue? I mean they can use players at 16 years and older in France, England and many other countries? :onmehead:

Licensing issues specific to requests from licensors in Germany.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, redarmy22 said:

Erling Haaland has a release clause set for £69m (expires 31/7/2021). I dont believe that be correct. Lost rumours about a clause that comes into play in 2022. Surely with facts, there shouldn't be a release clause at all? Will it be removed from the full version?

thanks

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 20.25.18.png

Database & Research issue.  Please post on that forum.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, redarmy22 said:

Hi, hoping this is the correct place to post this. This season the age restriction for players to play in the 1st team has been reduced from 17 to 16. Has this been changed in the full version as in the beta its still set at 17. thanks

This has already been brought up and I have explained that the licensors in Germany gave us a specific set of rules and this was not among these rules, in fact they requested otherwise.  

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 20:55, theorenwulf said:

The 3. Liga gave us a specific set of rules directly and we have implemented the rules we were given.

Spoiler

2133552614_2Bundesligafixtureerror.jpg.a360329046909cfb7305562a3a09265b.jpg

I was having a browse of the 2.Bundesliga on my save and noticed a few issues with the fixtures in season 2. None of them major but not quite right either.

Looking at Union Berlin's fixtures for example, the gaps between the Sandhausen and St Pauli games, and then the Wiesbaden and Wurzburger games are a bit strange, and also the second Wurzburger game is being played before Wolfsburg are played the first time round. Not 100% on this but i'm not sure there should be a midweek round of fixtures where the Hannover game is either.

Well, I thought wouldn't have to be making any reports on bugs for the Bundesliga, but it's occurred again with scheduling for the Bundesliga.

image.thumb.png.1da821a272d89ae2f076161a01fcc2b2.png

The reigning Champion of the Bundesliga always starts games on the Friday of the season beginning and again the season has me kicking off on a Saturday.

This issue was brought upon from FM20's beta as well. 

9 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

The 3. Liga gave us a specific set of rules directly and we have implemented the rules we were given.

Ok, then there is nothing to be done I suppose, though it would be interesting to know why they gave you wrong rules. It does kind of annoy me in my save. But I understand that you probably can't do anything about it, if they gave those rules to you.

On 10/11/2020 at 21:58, ernemann said:

Came to say this and to mention something about the world cup player awards. Awards should show for 2018,2022,2026 and layers winners names. It show 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 etc. Leaves players name blank for non world cup years. Cant find the right place for it

14 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

Came to say this and to mention something about the world cup player awards. Awards should show for 2018,2022,2026 and layers winners names. It show 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 etc. Leaves players name blank for non world cup years. Cant find the right place for it

That would be a Database issue, please post in that forum. Thanks.

Am 12.11.2020 um 15:47 schrieb Dani190283:

Was this considered because there was no reaction on your part?