[Colombia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Colombia competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Colombia should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hey SI, 

The Colombian First Division Phase format has the 20 teams in the top division play each other once for a total of 19 matches before splitting to a knock-out round. 

Currently, in my first year managing America de Cali in FM21 I have been scheduled to play 20 matches in both league phases. I have been given 2 extra league fixtures against Deportivo Cali for no reason.  

Screenshots are proof of all teams playing 20 matches as opposed to 19. This should be changed to reflect the real life league format.

image.thumb.png.749964184b7c9d149d6bc4197f26cc70.pngimage.thumb.png.62580508bd61a1967c7805234d75ceee.png

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, kanefm said:

Hey SI, 

The Colombian First Division Phase format has the 20 teams in the top division play each other once for a total of 19 matches before splitting to a knock-out round. 

Currently, in my first year managing America de Cali in FM21 I have been scheduled to play 20 matches in both league phases. I have been given 2 extra league fixtures against Deportivo Cali for no reason.  

Screenshots are proof of all teams playing 20 matches as opposed to 19. This should be changed to reflect the real life league format.

image.thumb.png.749964184b7c9d149d6bc4197f26cc70.pngimage.thumb.png.62580508bd61a1967c7805234d75ceee.png

This is deliberate.  The Colombian league has a yearly derby match which is an extra match against a rival.  Please correct me if I'm wrong on that if anyone from the Colombian research team reads this...

@kanefm

The official format was 20 matches, 1 match against all teams and an extra "derby match" (in your case vs Deportivo Cali). Due to the Covid it was decided that only 19 games would be played to finish the tournament and play only one tournament in 2020 (not opening or closening stage). 
You can read the rules on the official dimayor page, where it consists of 20 games.

Thanks anyway for your report.

• 2 weeks later...

The same bug as last version, you get all the matches of the first round but there is no sorting for the knockout stages in the colombian league. i don't know why i keep buying this game if an issue i reported last year was never solved and in this version continues. I will ask for a refund from stem, this is really annoying

Edited by shc0430

hace 11 horas, shc0430 dijo:

The same bug as last version, you get all the matches of the first round but there is no sorting for the knockout stages in the colombian league. i don't know why i keep buying this game if an issue i reported last year was never solved and in this version continues. I will ask for a refund from stem, this is really annoying

what is the bug?

5 hours ago, makul said:

what is the bug?

That when you pass all the games of the first phase 2021 there is no fixture for the knockout stage it just say that the next game is the first of the second phase, so there is no champion in 2021

hace 54 minutos, shc0430 dijo:

That when you pass all the games of the first phase 2021 there is no fixture for the knockout stage it just say that the next game is the first of the second phase, so there is no champion in 2021

Could you put a screen or save? Because that's rare, I've played many saves during beta and it's never happened to me.

The truth is that it is very strange what happens to you, look I have tried several save and it has never happened to me.
By any chance, do you have a game recorded a little before the end of the tournament?

@Dan Ormsbycould you check this bug?

To resume, he plays the opening stage, finish first but never plays next round of tournament and I simulated the closening and the same happend, the "champions stage" don't play.

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, shc0430 said:

https://we.tl/t-cEhgNPj1X7

i manage with wetransfer

Could you please upload the same save file to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions below? This will mean we have much easier access to it to look into this. Thanks

11 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload the same save file to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions below? This will mean we have much easier access to it to look into this. Thanks

Summary: The knockout stage (championship stage) of the colombian first division first phase does not happen

Description of Issue: after finishing first in the colombian first division with Atletico Nacional, there is no sorting to enter the stage to define the champion, it just says that the next game is the first of the second tournament of the year, thi is happening with the game in the current version as of 24/11/2020

Steps to Reproduce: Actually i have no idea, i just played until that moment

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Sebastian Hurtado Correa - Atlético Nacional (v02).fm

Sebastian Hurtado Correa - Atlético Nacional (v03).fm

Sebastian Hurtado Correa - Atlético Nacional.fm

11 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This also happened in Football manager 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, there is a bug with  fixture. The knock out stage is going with only 1 day between games and is very atypical in the real life. It´s happened on FM2020 to.

Is like some games AI games of the normal fixture are overdue, making that the knock out stage of 10 games has to be played on a week.

Pd: also there is no vacations between 202x-1 and 202x-2 

Captura.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
hace 18 minutos, shc0430 dijo:

i will levae this link here, there are some changes in the 2021 colombian fixture because Cucuta Deportivo lost the recogniczion as a club https://www.futbolred.com/futbol-colombiano/liga-betplay/liga-betplay-2021-fecha-de-inicio-y-sistema-de-juego-128831

We know that, thax.

• 2 weeks later...

Colombian Second Division - the first half of the season has finished and I'm in the second half (Torneo II) - which is its own separate league. The game is still using the positions from the first half (Torneo I) for the match previews in the header bar at the top of the screen.

So the game says 8th vs 1st, based on Torneo I finishes, but in Torneo II those teams are in completely different positions in the league.

• SI Staff
On 07/01/2021 at 22:28, GC28 said:

When playing two legged finals the team talk options are for one legged finals

2021-01-07 22_25_51-Window.jpg

Hi there, please raise this issue on the match engine forum, we don't deal with team talks in this forum.

• SI Staff
On 03/01/2021 at 10:40, HCFC87 said:

Colombian Second Division - the first half of the season has finished and I'm in the second half (Torneo II) - which is its own separate league. The game is still using the positions from the first half (Torneo I) for the match previews in the header bar at the top of the screen.

So the game says 8th vs 1st, based on Torneo I finishes, but in Torneo II those teams are in completely different positions in the league.

Hi there can you provide us a save where which we can load and instantly see this happening?  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
hace 1 hora, shc0430 dijo:

why is still the Cucuta avaible in the game?

Because the only option, given the time it would take to modify everything, was to leave it as it is now (without players and with a sanction for transfers).
There was a lot to modify at league level and there was not enough time to do it.
For the next edition it will no longer be there and we will see what happens in reality (another club has already been formed).

Hi! I'm curious about the format. Is it not supposed to be a knockout format for the final 8?? Or is it going to be the groups of 4? In the wiki for the 2021 season they talk of quarter finals, and I hope that it could change in game if so

EDIT: https://www.goal.com/es-mx/noticias/liga-betplay-dimayor-2021-i-calendario-de-partidos-del/13hkss9ircsi1i7kmg8hlvx0k It indeed seems there should be a knockout system, not a group stage

Edited by m.braathen

hace 7 horas, m.braathen dijo:

Hi! I'm curious about the format. Is it not supposed to be a knockout format for the final 8?? Or is it going to be the groups of 4? In the wiki for the 2021 season they talk of quarter finals, and I hope that it could change in game if so

EDIT: https://www.goal.com/es-mx/noticias/liga-betplay-dimayor-2021-i-calendario-de-partidos-del/13hkss9ircsi1i7kmg8hlvx0k It indeed seems there should be a knockout system, not a group stage

When they decided to apply the format there was no time to make the necessary changes, if it will be for the next edition.

hace 1 hora, m.braathen dijo:

Thanks for your reply! Do you mean next edition as in FM22 or the next patch?

FM22

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue as earlier posters in the top division in Colombia

The Apertura stage, some teams play only 19 of their 20 fixtures and the final one is scheduled a month later, leaving every other team with nothing to do for an entire month.

Since the knockout stages only happen once this fixture is played every team then needs to cram in 6 games in two weeks, meaning the knockout fixtures take place every 2 days...

It's disappointing to see people say this was an issue last year and wasn't fixed. And there will be no way of this being fixed in my save either. So it makes the Colombian leages a joke, because every year the first knockout stage will be a complete farce with every team getting injuries and tiredness to extremes.

hace 5 horas, HCFC87 dijo:

I have the same issue as earlier posters in the top division in Colombia

The Apertura stage, some teams play only 19 of their 20 fixtures and the final one is scheduled a month later, leaving every other team with nothing to do for an entire month.

Since the knockout stages only happen once this fixture is played every team then needs to cram in 6 games in two weeks, meaning the knockout fixtures take place every 2 days...

It's disappointing to see people say this was an issue last year and wasn't fixed. And there will be no way of this being fixed in my save either. So it makes the Colombian leages a joke, because every year the first knockout stage will be a complete farce with every team getting injuries and tiredness to extremes.

You could upload your save to have a good look?, because it is really strange.
We know that the calendar is tight and on top of that there is the Copa America, so the days are shorter between games.

• 2 months later...

I'm having more issues with the Colombian leagues:

1) The game doesn't seem to treat the top division as a title - i.e. if you check my players' bios they are not listed as having won the Clausera even though we won it last year. Checking other teams' players' bios shows the same thing - the Apertura and Clausera don't appear in their competition achievements

2) The scheduling is completely broken for the Apertura - most teams play their 20th (final) game at the same time, but there are a handful of teams still on 19 games, with the final game scheduled a month later. This means that there's a random break of a month, then they play their final games, after which the playoff leagues are scheduled but with little time left, meaning everyone plays 6 games in 2 weeks!

3) The split between the Apertura and Clausera is just treated... weirdly. The player awards are linked to the Clausera (I think), meaning that there's random talk of top scorers in the league but it seems to ignore entirely the Apertura. Basically the player awards are pointless.

4) Whilst in the Apertura the game shows me my highest-rated player on the home screen (with top scorer, most cards etc) - when I reach the Clausera there is no highest-rated player, but the rest still appear

5) Transfer windows - this isn't just a problem with Colombia, and it needs fixing across the leagues - if I sign a player after the season, in the end of season transfer window - why doesn't the game show this transfer as part of next season's transfers?

For example, I sign a player for $300,000 after the season has ended, on 27th December. The game then lists this with all my signings for that season just ended, as if it was a part of that season... If I sign another player on 5th January he's put into a different season on the transfer history page... This makes no sense, and makes it difficult to see my yearly transfers in any useful way on the screens.

6) The grand final of the leagues, the media don't seem to realise it's a two-leg game! I narrowly won the first leg of the final, and was told by the press that I must be delighted to win the competition! I had to double check, and sure enough there was still a leg to play.

7) I'm sure there are also weird interactions related to the fact that the league table isn't that important - as long as you're in the top 8 you get to the playoffs, it doesn't matter about finishing first or eight. Yet the media act like first place is a trophy in itself in the press conferences.

Edited by HCFC87

@HCFC87

1) Thanks for that, we will look into it and try to correct it for the next edition.

2) Yes, we know that happens but it is a calendar issue that sometimes happens and no, it is something strange. There are games where it doesn't happen, others where it does, it usually happens with teams in continental competitions. We are still looking at how to correct it.

3 and 4) Let me get this straight, do you only take into account the goalscorer of the clausura or do you add the goals of both tournaments?

5) Yes, we already know that and we have been trying to correct it. This year was "broken" by the decision of SI not to play the 2020 season and put any start date and so on.

6 and 7) Thanks for those details, we will take them into account to correct them.

hace 12 horas, HCFC87 dijo:

The whole league feels like a badly made fan-made editor thing at times. It's the first time I've decided to play a game in South America, and it's so poorly implemented that I might not bother in future... It's like the game doesn't understand how to treat Aperturas and Clauseras. The fact that no player gets anything on their bios to say they've won the league sums it all up.

Hi!

For all you received a proper answer from Makul but about this, i think you need first answer in the forums before you start writing bad things about a research team works.

The majority of the problems are because the game can´t "undestartand" the rules or can´t implemented with the actual decode tools.

On 06/06/2021 at 23:58, Daniel Dionisi said:

Hi!

For all you received a proper answer from Makul but about this, i think you need first answer in the forums before you start writing bad things about a research team works.

The majority of the problems are because the game can´t "undestartand" the rules or can´t implemented with the actual decode tools.

I agree - I've removed this part of the comment as it was borne from frustration at that moment

Makul - apoligies for my mini-rant - and thanks for the thorough response - it's good to know that most of my issues (including the most important ones) are being looked into and being fixed. The issues I'm having with the in-season top scorers / most draws etc I'll try and figure out what exactly the game is basing them on. For example I keep getting told I'm close to beating the record for draws / wins / losses in the season, but the numbers are a bit weird. If I figure anything more specific out I'll post here, but my main concerns really are the transfer windows, the scheduling, and the lack of player medals for winning the league.

The most wins/draws/losses record problem seems to be something like this:

The game treats the apertura and clausera's as separate competitions for these records, i.e. if I win 14 games in the apertura, that is the record that the game remembers.

However, during the season, the game seems to treat the combined table as the one that counts. So if I win 13 games in the apertura, the game then thinks I can beat the record once the clausera starts, and keeps reminding me how close I am to the record until my combined apertura and clausera wins overtake it.

However, this combined total doesn't actually count for the record, it's just that the game thinks it does. So every year I get told I can beat my old record!

This is probably something more wrong with FM itself than the Colombian league data though.

• 4 months later...
Le 09/03/2021 à 00:18, makul a dit :

When they decided to apply the format there was no time to make the necessary changes, if it will be for the next edition.

Hi, you didn't change anything this year. I'm really disapointed. And the double header in a phase is absolutely annoying and not realistic.

IRL teams don't have a double header per phases. It's shamefull. There is enough game in a single season, why do you add more and useless game ?

I'm sorry, I don't want to be mean, but you didn't respect your promess for Colombia. I know, it's a minor league, but some guys here love this countries...

Edited by soupe-miso15

hace 8 minutos, soupe-miso15 dijo:

Hi, you didn't change anything this year. I'm really disapointed. And the double header in a phase is absolutely annoying and not realistic.

IRL teams don't have a double header per phases. It's shamefull. There is enough game in a single season, why do you add more and useless game ?

I'm sorry, I don't want to be mean, but you didn't respect your promess for Colombia. I know, it's a minor league, but some guys here love this countries...

First of all, if you are referring to FM22, you should post it in the correct section.

[Colombia] (Official) League Specific Issues - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com) 

Then, what do you mean by "double header"?