[Greece] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Greece competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Greece should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

I am managing Trikala in the second league in Greece and one of the registration rules is that you cannot register more than 8 non-EU players, there are no rules about foreigners. In squad view however every player that does not have the Greek (first or second) nationality has the tag FGN/foreign. Even players with an EU nationality have this tag. (one French and one Portuguese player). Players that have a non Greek and non EU main nationality, but Greek second nationality don't get this tag, so that seems to be working fine. 

Also the foreign tags don't show up in the registration view, where you can register the players. This meant that I was able to register every non-eu player without them counting towards the maximum of non EU players. I registered several players without an EU nationality and the registration window still said that no non-eu players were registered. 

Seems to me that only non-eu players should have the foreign tag. And the actual non-eu players should be counted towards the maximum of 8 non-eu players. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Beaglaoich said:

Screenshot 1 2020-11-12.png

Screenshot 2 2020-11-12.png

After looking into this, it seems that the players that have the foreign status symbol next to them does not relate to the registration. This is to assist with the match rules where the Greek Super League 2 has a rule of 'maximum of 8 foreign players in the playing 11' which this status symbols assists with to ensure it is clear which players fall under this designation. There wasn't a player that you registered in your attached screenshot that was non-EU and so this is why they did not count towards to the non-EU count. (This is since Albania is one of the nations listed as 'treated as EU' within the league rules page)

Greetings everyone!

I am managing PAOK in Greek Superleague 1 and I am facing a problem with the program schedule of the league. As you can see in the screenshot below, after the 2nd fixture all matches take place in the same hour in the same day (Saturday - 17:15). This is not proper.

1616852605_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.945b2302475c806a78cb63edf3b09aaf.png

Only in the 1st Fixture of the season matches were being held like in real life. The games should be planned to start at 15:00 (winter)/16:00 (autumn), 17:15 (winter)/18:15 (autumn)/19:15 (summer) and 19:30(winter)/20:30(autumn)/21:30(summer). Only in the final three fixtures of the regular season and playoffs, matches take place in the same hour (19:00/20:30).

120625127_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.85b2c2c5d9c3785dd76587a5f6515e5d.png

• SI Staff
37 minutes ago, domiro4a said:

Greetings everyone!

I am managing PAOK in Greek Superleague 1 and I am facing a problem with the program schedule of the league. As you can see in the screenshot below, after the 2nd fixture all matches take place in the same hour in the same day (Saturday - 17:15). This is not proper.

1616852605_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.945b2302475c806a78cb63edf3b09aaf.png

Only in the 1st Fixture of the season matches were being held like in real life. The games should be planned to start at 15:00 (winter)/16:00 (autumn), 17:15 (winter)/18:15 (autumn)/19:15 (summer) and 19:30(winter)/20:30(autumn)/21:30(summer). Only in the final three fixtures of the regular season and playoffs, matches take place in the same hour (19:00/20:30).

120625127_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.85b2c2c5d9c3785dd76587a5f6515e5d.png

Have you played the fixtures yet?  If not please tell me if they get don't moved once you approach / play the actual fixture dates.  Thanks

50 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Have you played the fixtures yet?  If not please tell me if they get don't moved once you approach / play the actual fixture dates.  Thanks

Yes. I have just played Fixture 6 and since Fixture 2 nothing has changed. All games are televised and scheduled to take place in the same hour on the same day.

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 16:13, jimpu21 said:

spacer.png

I think, it's a known issue! Schedule problem in Greek Superleague! 

This is a known issue we are working on ahead of the release as I indicated above.  Thanks.

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, andmic13 said:

I am playing with Ergotelis 2020/21 season and playing Cup games on Thursdays and League games on Saturdays.

When you say "playing cup games" is this every time there is a cup game or is this an isolated instance?  I logged an issue with the scheduling for Super League 2 where there was occasionally a December date where it was Thursday - Saturday but hopefully this is fixed for release.

In the first season, transfers indeed started happening 3 of August 2020 at Super League 1. However in the second season the transfer period still starts at 3 of August, meaning that pre-season is meaningless and we cant submit our new players in the European qualification rounds. 

I know the picture is from the first season but a lot of people told me of this bug. 

Screenshot_1.png

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, omarbrodie said:

In the first season, transfers indeed started happening 3 of August 2020 at Super League 1. However in the second season the transfer period still starts at 3 of August, meaning that pre-season is meaningless and we cant submit our new players in the European qualification rounds. 

I know the picture is from the first season but a lot of people told me of this bug. 

Screenshot_1.png

Hello, hopefully you'll be pleased to hear what you have reported isn't true.  What you might be referring to is a display issue with the "next season" tab which may have been showing the wrong window dates, which we have now fixed.  In our internal builds at least, the transfer and registration windows for the second season are definitely correct.  If in the beta the transfer windows are wrong, then I apologise but I don't believe this is the case and is now fixed internally if it is.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hello, hopefully you'll be pleased to hear what you have reported isn't true.  What you might be referring to is a display issue with the "next season" tab which may have been showing the wrong window dates, which we have now fixed.  In our internal builds at least, the transfer and registration windows for the second season are definitely correct.  If in the beta the transfer windows are wrong, then I apologise but I don't believe this is the case and is now fixed internally if it is.  Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the answer. I'll continue the save and if I spot that the bug is indeed true, I'll reply again, cheers!

Hi everyone. Just started season 2022/23 and received the news regarding next season's transfer windows. 

Surely there is a problem with the dates or a blast from the past is imminent. I just hope that I will be able to transfer players after this date or else my save will have to be stopped...
image.thumb.png.b5435afa9732fb43681acf5d6c0067d0.png

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, pantelos4 said:

Hi everyone. Just started season 2022/23 and received the news regarding next season's transfer windows. 

Surely there is a problem with the dates or a blast from the past is imminent. I just hope that I will be able to transfer players after this date or else my save will have to be stopped...
image.thumb.png.b5435afa9732fb43681acf5d6c0067d0.png

Widespread and much reported issue which will be fixed for release.  It's a display issue and there is no effect on actual transfer windows which are correct.

On 16/11/2020 at 22:03, Dan Ormsby said:

When you say "playing cup games" is this every time there is a cup game or is this an isolated instance?  I logged an issue with the scheduling for Super League 2 where there was occasionally a December date where it was Thursday - Saturday but hopefully this is fixed for release.

This are the fixtures for 2020/21 season.As you see quite congested when cup games are played.

Screenshot (2).png

• SI Staff
51 minutes ago, andmic13 said:

This are the fixtures for 2020/21 season.As you see quite congested when cup games are played.

Screenshot (2).png

Thanks, I'm looking into the fine tuning of Greek scheduling at the moment to see if we can get it as good as possible, but it is very difficult for the 2020-21 season and the 2022-23 season to avoid all cases of fixture congestion.  Will do our best.

• SI Staff
On 19/11/2020 at 17:50, vknsts13 said:

I'm managing Panathinaikos but... i have to manage Panathinaikos Second XI also!!!! There are no Second XI in Greece

Second XI is only a term for the team that your first XI will play so the Second XI is just a team that appears for the purpose of an intra-squad friendly.

1 hour ago, Xpert said:

Greek clubs don't have "reserve team"

Screenshot (257).png

Could you please raise this in the forum below and this is not an issue which surrounds the Greek league.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/826-training-medical-and-development-centre/ 

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, vassilispyrgos said:

hello 

in Greece at 1st season it has these rules for substitutions

but i have played 4 games and it does not allow me to make more than 3 changes

is that an issue??

Super League Interwetten_ Rules.png

You only have three stoppages you can make substitutions in.  So if you make one sub in the 60th minute, and one sub in the 70th minute, the next time you make a sub you will have to sub 3 players if you want to use all 5 substitutions available to you.  Please google this if you're still unsure.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

You only have three stoppages you can make substitutions in.  So if you make one sub in the 60th minute, and one sub in the 70th minute, the next time you make a sub you will have to sub 3 players if you want to use all 5 substitutions available to you.  Please google this if you're still unsure.  Thanks.

oh i didnt know that

thank you 

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, dim-sara said:

The second XI bug hasn't gone away with the full release of the game. Do i need to start a new save to get rid of it?

Yes, this will only be fixed in games created since the full release of the game.  Thanks.

This is so bad to hear.. I really dont have the time to start a new game from the beggining. It was supposed that you could continue with your beta save even after the full release of the game......

Thank you Sports Interactive

Edited by giannhslgn

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 09:38, giannhslgn said:

This is so bad to hear.. I really dont have the time to start a new game from the beggining. It was supposed that you could continue with your beta save even after the full release of the game......

Thank you Sports Interactive

Hi there, you can continue your save from the beta.  However, you must understand that the "beta" phase carries the risk of more issues being present.  One of those issues was the issue with the Greek Cup, which I believe is now fixed for the full release, but it was not possible to rectify in existing save games created in the beta phase.  Sorry about this, but it shows the beta phase is useful and working as we were able to fix this issue for the full release.  Big thanks to the user who raised this issue.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, FM21 prompts me to play with AEK second xi greek cup matches. Whenever I press the play button, the game crashes. If I go on vacation on that specific day it avoids the crashing. But sometimes I have game on the same day with the first team

Any way to avoid this issue?

Thanks kyriakos

• SI Staff
On 29/05/2021 at 17:34, kyriakos1311 said:

Hi guys, FM21 prompts me to play with AEK second xi greek cup matches. Whenever I press the play button, the game crashes. If I go on vacation on that specific day it avoids the crashing. But sometimes I have game on the same day with the first team

Any way to avoid this issue?

Thanks kyriakos

Can you provide us with the save where this issue is occurring please?  A save from before the point it crashes would be very helpful.  Thanks!