[Uruguay] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Uruguay competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Uruguay should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 19:56, Dan Ormsby said:

Known issues in Uruguay:

- You will only be able to start a career for the 2021 season.  Due to complications related to the Covid-19 situation I'm afraid we were not able to make the 2020 season playable in various nations.  This will not be changing and I would please request we keep reporting and discussion in this thread to bugs that are present.  Thank you for your understanding on this.

- Promotions and relegations may not be working fully accurately to real life at present.  We are looking into this for the full release of FM21.

- We will be making the "early start date" earlier for full release in order to help an issue where many players were out of contract at game start.

Want to start a save with Penarol, but with the bugs you mention over here.. do you think i should just wait til full release? is it unplayable?

Hi there. Not sure if this is a bug or WAD. Happened also in previous versions, Uruguayan league is split in two rows (Apertura and Clausura). These two tournaments are part of the National League, but each can have a unique champion. so my annotations about that are the following: 

No Post match trophy animation is played whenever you win Apertura or Clausura championships, when in real life we do have for both tournaments.  Same happens to the Uruguayan Champion, if same team won the Apertura and the Clausura tournaments, and rule in the Global table as well, that team should be getting your post match champion screen. I understand this might ruin your current league behaviour, but it will match real life. 

Please let me know your thoughts. 

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, AlvaroForteza said:

Hi there. Not sure if this is a bug or WAD. Happened also in previous versions, Uruguayan league is split in two rows (Apertura and Clausura). These two tournaments are part of the National League, but each can have a unique champion. so my annotations about that are the following: 

No Post match trophy animation is played whenever you win Apertura or Clausura championships, when in real life we do have for both tournaments.  Same happens to the Uruguayan Champion, if same team won the Apertura and the Clausura tournaments, and rule in the Global table as well, that team should be getting your post match champion screen. I understand this might ruin your current league behaviour, but it will match real life. 

I don't think the trophy celebration cut scenes are controlled by our particular team.  I think you will need to raise this on the match engine forum.  Thanks.

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Llainen said:

Want to start a save with Penarol, but with the bugs you mention over here.. do you think i should just wait til full release? is it unplayable?

To update on this - the promotions and relegations issue is now fixed internally and will be included in the full release.

However - the start date / contract issue I mention is still unfortunately unresolved due an impossibility in moving the specific Uruguay start date forward any further and the head researcher insisting, with valid justification, that the current code we have in place for the contract situation needs to remain.  I don't personally see this as an issue that makes anything "unplayable", though I understand that word is sometimes used by users in different ways.  We are looking for a resolution to this issue as soon as we can find one.  If you have any further questions, please ask and I'll try my best to help.

4 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

To update on this - the promotions and relegations issue is now fixed internally and will be included in the full release.

However - the start date / contract issue I mention is still unfortunately unresolved due an impossibility in moving the specific Uruguay start date forward any further and the head researcher insisting, with valid justification, that the current code we have in place for the contract situation needs to remain.  I don't personally see this as an issue that makes anything "unplayable", though I understand that word is sometimes used by users in different ways.  We are looking for a resolution to this issue as soon as we can find one.  If you have any further questions, please ask and I'll try my best to help.

Thank you for taking your time to answer! Just curios i dont think i can wait over the weekend til full release to start my Penarol save, so how exactly are the promotions/relegations bugs? Wrong teams are relegated etc? I really hope i will be in the other half of the table so this wont really bug me. But it happens every season? 

I really dont mind starting in 2021 so thats ok, but just wonder why it is not possible to start in some nations in 2020? Uruguat f.ex did finish their season. Have a nice weekend:)

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Llainen said:

Thank you for taking your time to answer! Just curios i dont think i can wait over the weekend til full release to start my Penarol save, so how exactly are the promotions/relegations bugs? Wrong teams are relegated etc? I really hope i will be in the other half of the table so this wont really bug me. But it happens every season? 

I really dont mind starting in 2021 so thats ok, but just wonder why it is not possible to start in some nations in 2020? Uruguat f.ex did finish their season. Have a nice weekend:)

The issue was that the promotion/relegation playoff winner wasn't being promoted to the Second division if the winner was from the league below.  This in turn might have been causing a knock on to the amount of teams relegated or promoted between the second and top divisions.  It is hard to say now as it is internally fixed.  I think it is possible that if you start a game now, this issue might persist in that particular save.

As mentioned in my post at the top of the thread, we were not able to include the Uruguay 2020 season, or most 2020 calendar year seasons in FM21 due to the amount of complications caused by the Covid-19 situation.

On 19/11/2020 at 23:01, AlvaroForteza said:

Thanks for reporting.
This has been discussed many times.

Apertura, Intermedio and Clausura are just part of the Uruguayan First Division championship, so, while in real life there's a celebration, we couldn't find a good balance in game between this an reality.

For instance, if we set this stages as isolated tournaments, in game, clubs which battle for the title (Nacional, Peñarol and to less extent Danubio and Defensor Sporting) would consider winning one of those stages as an achieve itself, instead of just a step of to the title.
Like Danubio or Defensor Sporting feeling accomplished if they just win Apertura but gets defeated in the championship final legs. This is even less realistic if this happens to Peñarol and Nacional.

So, while in real life there's a praise for winning Apertura, Intermedio and Clausura, what really matters is winning the First Division itself.

Hope it makes sense when reading out loud. :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dsbrs said:

Uruguayan 2nd Division uses the Average Points system to determine relegation to the 3rd Division but that is not present in the game

Average points for Uruguayan Second Professional Division is abolished from season 2021.

On 21/11/2020 at 03:19, Kaniko Ramone said:

Thanks for reporting.
This has been discussed many times.

Apertura, Intermedio and Clausura are just part of the Uruguayan First Division championship, so, while in real life there's a celebration, we couldn't find a good balance in game between this an reality.

For instance, if we set this stages as isolated tournaments, in game, clubs which battle for the title (Nacional, Peñarol and to less extent Danubio and Defensor Sporting) would consider winning one of those stages as an achieve itself, instead of just a step of to the title.
Like Danubio or Defensor Sporting feeling accomplished if they just win Apertura but gets defeated in the championship final legs. This is even less realistic if this happens to Peñarol and Nacional.

So, while in real life there's a praise for winning Apertura, Intermedio and Clausura, what really matters is winning the First Division itself.

Hope it makes sense when reading out loud. :)

Couldn't we argue, nowadays and with very recent evidence, that these short tournaments are actually important for Peñarol and Nacional as well? Munúa lost the final for the Apertura and got sacked, that means that for Nacional, as it is for the vast majority of teams in the league the short tournaments are important.

Nothing to be changed in this rather failed edition of the game for a league like the Uruguayan one (not your fault Kaniko), but to bear in mind for FM22.

52 minutes ago, Laurefinwe said:

Couldn't we argue, nowadays and with very recent evidence, that these short tournaments are actually important for Peñarol and Nacional as well? Munúa lost the final for the Apertura and got sacked, that means that for Nacional, as it is for the vast majority of teams in the league the short tournaments are important.

Nothing to be changed in this rather failed edition of the game for a league like the Uruguayan one (not your fault Kaniko), but to bear in mind for FM22.

But those are important in game.
Apertura, Clausura and Annual Table has a Reputation 120, while Intermedio has Reputation 95.

Winning AP-CL-AT means a boost in Club's Reputations as well, and everyone involved.
The problem is that the impact of those is hard to calibrate in real life, therefore it is so in the game.
Furthermore, my perception is that Annual Table is more important than Apertura and Clausura (because it gives the winning club a handful of advantages), but unlike Apertura and Clausura, Annual Table winner has no cup, no medals, no celebrations, etc.

52 minutes ago, Laurefinwe said:

Munúa lost the final for the Apertura and got sacked,

This is partially true.
Munúa got sacked because of an accumulation of things, like losing two finals in a row (Supercup and Apertura) to smaller clubs; or a the team performing weakly and too leaned to a defensive system, which is not to the taste of Nacional's fans and boads; etc.

So, all in all, the problem here is to try to find a balance in game between the importance of this stages, which at the end of the day, are precisely stages of one main competition, Uruguayan First Division.
I'm open to ideas an suggestions to improve this.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, dsbrs said:

will the the playout between the 11th placed team in the 2nd division and the 2nd placed club from the 3rd division appear in the winter update?

The fix is in place since late november, so I'd expect it to make it into the next official update.

another bug that I found

the Uruguayan Supercup should be played like this

"The Supercopa Uruguaya is played between:

• The Primera División champions (Campeón Uruguayo)
  • The Torneo Intermedio winners

In the event the same club wins both the league and the Torneo Intermedio, its rival in the Supercopa will be the Torneo Intermedio runner-up"

in my game Nacional won both the Intermedio and the Uruguayan League and the runner up in the Intermedio was Liverpool... however the Supercup draw was between Nacional and the 2nd best club in the Overall League table from the previous season which was Danubio

• 3 months later...

don't know if this issue has been addressed before regarding the uruguayan league...

in terms of young players not being allowed to play in first team matches

I think there is an issued in the game that doesn't reflect the league rules in real life

I am managing DANUBIO and although I offer full time contracts to 15 and 16 old players they are never allowed to play in the Uruguayan League, although I can field them in the Libertadores and Sudamericana Cups

for example in real life Nicolas Siri of Danubio appeared many times in the first squad and he was only 16...

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 16:53, dsbrs said:

don't know if this issue has been addressed before regarding the uruguayan league...

in terms of young players not being allowed to play in first team matches

I think there is an issued in the game that doesn't reflect the league rules in real life

I am managing DANUBIO and although I offer full time contracts to 15 and 16 old players they are never allowed to play in the Uruguayan League, although I can field them in the Libertadores and Sudamericana Cups

for example in real life Nicolas Siri of Danubio appeared many times in the first squad and he was only 16...

Apologies for the late response.
Those are two different issues.

Firstly, IRL in Uruguay, players under 18yo on youth contracts can play a max. of 5 official matches. After that they have to sign a full-time professional contracto to keep playing for the senior team.
This was reported at least a couple of years ago.

Secondly, you said you ofered full-time contracts to 15/16 years old players. Did they signed it and AFTER that you still can't field them in FM?

Can you also provide a savegame?

Thanks in advance.