release date on touch delayed until 1st December?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheSpider said:

Disappointing, I hope the delay is due to them adding some of the new features or even FFP/Registration. 

I imagine it's just the impact of trying to release 2 very different versions of FM in the middle of a pandemic.  Given the delays other games are seeing, I don't think 1 week for one of the FM versions is unreasonable.

Just now, Carninho said:

not really, its a BETA

doesnt matter, they sold it stating it would be part of the pre order. SI havnt even said anything as to why its been delayed, they have just changed the release date without mentioning it.

1 minute ago, trevjim said:

doesnt matter, they sold it stating it would be part of the pre order. SI havnt even said anything as to why its been delayed, they have just changed the release date without mentioning it.

It's still part of the preorder. You'll just get it later than initially announced.

Just now, jimbo22 said:

Well im sure they didnt just decide that they are going to delay it just for the hell of it. If its delayed then there will be a solid reason for it. 

thats fine but it would be nice to have been told by them and given a reason.  they sold the preorder with the basis that beta will be 2 weeks roughly before release. it gets to 2 weeks and they delay it without notice after taking money. 

just some transparency and clarity on the matter would be good at the moment

2 minutes ago, trevjim said:

thats fine but it would be nice to have been told by them and given a reason.  they sold the preorder with the basis that beta will be 2 weeks roughly before release. it gets to 2 weeks and they delay it without notice after taking money. 

just some transparency and clarity on the matter would be good at the moment

MMM hasnt the date just changed? Also, I think they have their hands full at the minute. Im sure something is happening later today. 

Im sure in good time they'll let people know whats going on with that absolutely no reason to go overboard with regards the date moving. 

• Administrators

We've been doing our best to get all of the various versions of FM out on the same day, but sadly the current working situation has made this impossible. FM Touch on PC/Mac and is now slated for December 1st. 

And to clarify a point raised above, only Football Manager 2021 for PC/Mac is available with an Early Access. All other versions (such as Touch and Mobile) will be available on their full release dates. 

Thanks.  

19 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We've been doing our best to get all of the various versions of FM out on the same day, but sadly the current working situation has made this impossible. FM Touch on PC/Mac and is now slated for December 1st. 

And to clarify a point raised above, only Football Manager 2021 for PC/Mac is available with an Early Access. All other versions (such as Touch and Mobile) will be available on their full release dates. 

Thanks.  

thats a shame but thanks for getting back to me.

last year touch was part of the beta too : (

Thanks.  

Understandable, what about Mobile though? Same as Touch?

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Disappointing, there was a beta of FM Touch on PC last year. :(

yea im gutted, been waiting for the beta to drop for days, miles tweets its about to drop and they go and delay it and then say its not part of the beta. really not happy.

agree about it being called something different, alot of people dont realise what the touch version is. its a far superior version IMO as does away with all the boring stuff

23 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

All versions of FM Touch are now slated for December 1st. 

I can live with that.

And to clarify a point raised above, only Football Manager 2021 for PC/Mac is available with an Early Access.

This sucks, though.

Edited by Prej

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, trevjim said:

yea im gutted, been waiting for the beta to drop for days, miles tweets its about to drop and they go and delay it and then say its not part of the beta. really not happy.

agree about it being called something different, alot of people dont realise what the touch version is. its a far superior version IMO as does away with all the boring stuff

Our communications never indicated that Touch would be available as part of Early Access I'm afraid, apologies if you found that unclear.

21 minutes ago, shimera said:

Understandable, what about Mobile though? Same as Touch?

Mobile release date is unchanged - https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2021-mobile-release-date 

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Our communications never indicated that Touch would be available as part of Early Access I'm afraid, apologies if you found that unclear.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's ever been advertised there would be beta access for Classic mode, but it's usually just there. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's ever been advertised there would be beta access for Classic mode, but it's usually just there. 

yea, every year its been included, and ive seen so many people on here talking about touch and the beta, and now suddenly they pull a U turn on it.

• PAFC_Dugout changed the title to Release date for FM21 Touch delayed by a week with no explanation? And no Beta this year?

Totally understand the delays etc, but I wish it had been properly communicated that the PC version of Touch would not be included in the early access this year. 

Best to cut the guys some slack however, must have been a challenging year to have any of this released at all

Thanks.  

So, 

This year android and IOS will be release at the same time the PC version? 

Great new guys!!! :thup:

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

seriously though you should've sent a CLEAR message that touch wont have early access this year like it had in all previous years, doing this on the last day when everyone is waiting AND on top of that delaying the game as well that is not a nice move at all that is something i would expect on a daily basis from ea or blizzard but not from you

now i have to buy assassin creed valhalla to keep me company and i was hoping to get that when its 50% off on christmas

22 minutes ago, okereke said:

Three-week delay from the supposed beta release without prior notice, and ultimately no beta at all. Great way of dealing with customers, for sure.

Image if you wanted to buy Cyberpunk.

31 minutes ago, chucklehead said:

I think this is really, desperately poor service to customers. I've purchased every version of FMT/C that has been available as a separate product and they have always been a part of the beta. 

For people to be expecting to play the game today and then be told that you actually won't get it for 3 more weeks, that's really difficult to defend. It technically might not have been advertised as having a beta, but as it has always been included, I think it's natural and quite reasonable for people to assume that would continue to be the case. 

Neil Brock then using the passive aggressive 'apologies if you found that unclear' just sounds awful and shows a complete lack of responsibility. 

I actually feel strongly enough to say I think you've lost a customer over how badly this has been handled. I'm under no illusions that my protest will have any effect on anyone or anything just needed to say my piece 

What do you expect them to do when the game isnt ready? delay the full release so people can have access to a beta of FMT?

You do realise that the game isnt ready for release dont you??

Edited by jimbo22

Yeah, it's a shame. Might have to switch to playing some console games until December rolls around. If I end up hooked on Watch Dogs and Cyberpunk 2077, FMT might have to wait until next year.

Judging by the traffic in this part of the forum though, it seems there aren't too many fans who play only FMT. Or maybe the ones that do don't have time to lurk in forums?

We're genuinely sorry to have let you down, but this has been a pretty hard cycle for all of us in the studio and, while we've done our best to make it 'business as usual', when it came down to the final stretch something had to give. That something, unfortunately, was the release date for Touch. 

In term of an early access beta for the product, it was never part of our plans and by not including it in our announcements we thought that was clear for users. Given the feedback here for some of you that wasn't the case, so we'll make sure to take that into account for future announcements and releases.  

Hopefully people will be reasonable enough to understand.

I imagine game development is hard enough at the best of times, never mind in the middle of a pandemic when you're all working from separate locations.   It's kind of amazing the game has made it to release this early in the season to be honest taking everything into account.

From looking at the posts for FM 19 it looks like the touch beta came out 1 day later. Also there was a 2020 touch pre release beta that came out on Oct 31 2019. So that would lead one to believe that a touch beta was coming as well this year.

Also there have been some posts on the touch forums asking if we get beta access with touch for this year and there was a replay to it saying that yes we do. There wasn't a post from a administrator in the thread but there was nothing in there saying hey that is not right it might not be available on time. So this would lead one to believe that it was still coming at the same time as the game.  This post was made in the Touch forum just 9 days ago.

Would have been nice to have some heads up beforehand that the touch would have no beta. I highly doubt it was chopped off the second before the normal beta was released so they must have known for quite some time that the touch beta was not coming any time soon. So for those touch people to be waiting for the game to come with all of the others and then to find out that 1) there will be no touch beta but on top of that 2 ) your game will now be delayed until December 1st. Wow. That is a very very long time wow. 3 weeks 

The whole point of pre-ordering a game was so that you can get early access to it. Touch users pre-ordered the game and now get later access to it instead....

I have purchased this game for many years so I will continue to stick with the game but I will not be surprised if many people decide to ask for a refund and then just go back to playing the previous year's game. I don't blame them at this point. I might do that since the game will be 3 weeks old by the time the Touch people get to play it. If the Touch version isn't further delayed that is 

Edited by Staco

hace 26 minutos, Neil Brock dijo:

We're genuinely sorry to have let you down, but this has been a pretty hard cycle for all of us in the studio and, while we've done our best to make it 'business as usual', when it came down to the final stretch something had to give. That something, unfortunately, was the release date for Touch. 

In term of an early access beta for the product, it was never part of our plans and by not including it in our announcements we thought that was clear for users. Given the feedback here for some of you that wasn't the case, so we'll make sure to take that into account for future announcements and releases.  

Very disappointed. For things like that you SIGAMES is not taking care of a good product such as FMTouch. Is clearly the third game for SIGAMES.

6 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

It still surprises me that "Touch" isn't far more popular than it is. It takes all of the best features of FM, and removes the worst features. All for a lower price. 

Because most people think it's the mobile or tablet version of the game. Although FM Touch on mobile devices is essentially the same as the PC version of it, many people don't realise this. Rebranding the PC version 'FM Classic' would help with this immeasurably. 

44 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Touch is ever included in the beta.

This is my 5th year playing Touch, and the first that there hasn't been a beta. I understand the reason for the release date delay, but no beta is really disappointing, and should have been communicated more clearly.

Just now, RCCook said:

This is my 5th year playing Touch, and the first that there hasn't been a beta. I understand the reason for the release date delay, but no beta is really disappointing, and should have been communicated more clearly.

I thought Touch wasn't part of previous betas, but given I've always concentrated on full fat FM, I obviously just didn't notice.  I stand corrected!