[Ireland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Ireland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Ireland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

On 14/11/2020 at 14:14, Yenah said:

Hello,

I have noticed that Cork City are still in the Premier Division in the League of Ireland when in reality they were relegated last season to the First Division finishing bottom of the league.

Hope this helps, 

Thanks for the report, we're working on sorting this now.

Great! Looking forward to it. 

Also I noticed we can only select season 2021. In previous version we could select, for example FM18; Pre-season 2017, etc and Pre-Season 2018. 

Is this due Covid and season 2020 being too short and have no proper data to simulate 2020 if the player has selected 2021?

3 hours ago, RinusFM said:

Great! Looking forward to it. 

Also I noticed we can only select season 2021. In previous version we could select, for example FM18; Pre-season 2017, etc and Pre-Season 2018. 

Is this due Covid and season 2020 being too short and have no proper data to simulate 2020 if the player has selected 2021?

I'm not 100% sure of the reasons (COVID or licencing issues or what) but it's not a bug. The Irish league can only begin in 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem: Champions cup aka (Champion from Ireland versus N-Ireland) really late in the competition. I was already on holiday for a month until I had to participate versus Linfield. Thus missing another month of holidays. 

Solution: Make Champions Cup earlier or Irish season longer? 

Game: I am using Wed-Saturday week. 

20201213035535_1.jpg

20201213035542_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
On 24/01/2021 at 19:45, m.braathen said:

In the EA Sports Cup, Derry met their reserve team in round 1. Surely this is not supposed to happen?

This is not intended, checking online it seems that reserve teams should not enter - thanks for spotting as I've now logged a bug on this.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the reply! Also, Shamrock II does the same. In addition, there are top division teams in the first round in the game. From what I read on google, it's only supposed to be the 9 non reserve teams from Tier 2, plus three teams (one from leinster senior league, one from ulster senior league, plus the winner of the preliminary round, which I'm not sure where came from). Then in round 2, they add all the premier division teams.

Any idea when this could be fixed?