[Netherlands] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Netherlands competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Netherlands should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Freddie Sands changed the title to [Netherlands] (Official) League Specific Issues
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Known Netherlands issue of note currently:

• Keuken Kampioen Divisie has relegation enabled

Well, truth is, its not enabled for the seasons 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023. Hereafter it is probably enabled since it is one of the ambitions of the Dutch Football Association. 

https://tweededivisie.nl/nieuws/nog-drie-jaar-geen-reguliere-promotie-uit-tweede-divisie/

Edited by Samelders

The scheduling of the games is not right. I play the same team on the 1st and on the 9th playing round of the competition and an other team on the 2nd and 11th playing round. In real life you first play all the teams once and then you play them all for the 2nd time. This sometimes changes because of rescheduling, but that isn't the case, it was planned like this from the beginning of the game.

I am managing NAC Breda in Holland's 2nd division and I've been informed two times (first time was once I reached 3rd place in the beginning of the the game) that we've secured PLAYOFFS position this season with still many matches to play and chances to drop to mid table positions, I even got the letters "Pl" next to my team's name. Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot (480).png

Edited by SillveN
grammar

8 minutes ago, SillveN said:

I am managing NAC Breda in Holland's 2nd division and I've been informed two times (first time was once I reached 3rd place in the beginning of the the game) that we've secured PLAYOFFS position this season with still many matches to play and chances to drop to mid table positions, I even got the letters "Pl" next to my team's name. Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot (480).png

Have you perhaps won a period title?

From Wikipedia:

At the end of each season, the champion and the runner-up of the Eerste Divisie are automatically promoted to the Eredivisie. Seven other clubs enter the Nacompetitie [ˈnaːkɔmpəˌti(t)si], a promotion/relegation playoff that includes the 16th-placed club in the Eredivisie. The following teams qualify for the Nacompetitie:

• The club with the best record in the "first period" of the season (after 8 rounds).
  • The club with the best record in the "second period" of the season (rounds 9–16).
  • The club with the best record in the "third period" of the season (rounds 17–24).
  • The club with the best record in the "fourth period" of the season (rounds 25–32).
  • The two remaining spots are filled at the season's end by the highest-placed clubs that have not already earned automatic promotion or qualified for the Nacompetitie.

4 minutes ago, SillveN said:

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm not Dutch. Thanks for this info. Here is my full list of results so far.1876830045_Screenshot(481).thumb.png.51200294b94cc167ff01a25437f42c83.png

You have a good run there in October, so I think that won you a period title. :-)

I can't check it in game right now, but I think that when you go to the league table you should be able to select the period table, just like you would select the home or away games league table.

Basically a team can mess up their entire season and be in form for about 8 matches in a row, they still can reach the playoffs by winning a period. I believe somewhere in the early 90's SC Heerenveen managed to finish 15th or 16th, but won a period and got promoted through the playoffs.

On 11/11/2020 at 15:13, rvriend12 said:

Its not possible to substitute 5 players in the kkd(2nd dutch division). But In real life its possible

Came here to report the same issue. 
The game only allows for 3 substitutions to be made in the dutch second division. 
This should currently be 5 substitutions as the rules have been (temporarily) changed. 

2 hours ago, 0tto0o said:

You have a good run there in October, so I think that won you a period title. :-)

I can't check it in game right now, but I think that when you go to the league table you should be able to select the period table, just like you would select the home or away games league table.

Basically a team can mess up their entire season and be in form for about 8 matches in a row, they still can reach the playoffs by winning a period. I believe somewhere in the early 90's SC Heerenveen managed to finish 15th or 16th, but won a period and got promoted through the playoffs.

You were right Otto0o, thanks for your implication, I've learned one interesting fact about football in Nederlands. I've won even two periods :D Thanks !!! And thanks to SI for their dedication to include these details.

1382957150_Screenshot(483).thumb.png.acf7ec1823ffc9189262ea720c021818.png

Edited by SillveN

@Freddie Sands, just played my first Play-off game in the Netherlands (post-season, European Places Play-off).

Even though the rules state I can use 5 subs like in the regular season, I could only make 3 subs during the game.

You can see in the screenshot I subbed three (DR, DCR and AMR) and when wanting to sub a fourth time, I got this message.

I checked the rules in-game and they state '12 subs named, maximum 5 used', so it should be working.

The 5 sub-rule has been confirmed by the Dutch KNVB for post-season Play-offs as well, so looks like the rules are right, but something in the mechanism behind it isn't.

Have got a save game set aside if you need it, it's pre-match, just let me know.

1614224732_DuringMatchafter3Subs.thumb.png.7c280a6c0a1041ba00b45b61bfecb060.png

Edited by Siepe1990

@Freddie Sands, and another one, looks like it's working alright for England (see example of Liverpool further on), so I think it's League Specific.

Getting ready for the Play-off Final (nope, didn't throw away the 2-goal lead I had :)) and I'm surprised to see 2 of my key-players to be on International Duty for Sweden.

If I remember correctly, I think in real life the players would have gotten permission to join the International squad later to be able to end the season.

Little proof in my 2nd and 3rd screenshot: Jordan Henderson confirmed in England squad, but still available for Liverpool for the last Premier League match and the CL-final.

Both England and Sweden have a match on the 2nd of June, so the situations appear to be equal.

1030531916_InternationalDutywhilstImintheplay-offs.thumb.png.9c5608dc9a953354bd9ebb41558153c5.png

316846105_InternationalDuty-LiverpoolSquad.thumb.png.8b4b465df154558c869eb5969c369f5c.png

1602142852_InternationalDuty-EnglandSquad.thumb.png.dd7fe04ae3d6c7aa785030cbdbfa4496.png

12 minutes ago, Siepe1990 said:

@Freddie Sands, just played my first Play-off game in the Netherlands (post-season, European Places Play-off).

Even though the rules state I can use 5 subs like in the regular season, I could only make 3 subs during the game.

You can see in the screenshot I subbed three (DR, DCR and AMR) and when wanting to sub a fourth time, I got this message.

I checked the rules in-game and they state '12 subs named, maximum 5 used', so it should be working.

The 5 sub-rule has been confirmed by the Dutch KNVB for post-season Play-offs as well, so looks like the rules are right, but something in the mechanism behind it isn't.

Have got a save game set aside if you need it, it's pre-match, just let me know.

1614224732_DuringMatchafter3Subs.thumb.png.7c280a6c0a1041ba00b45b61bfecb060.png

Could it be that there are only 3 "substitution-windows" and that you have to make your subs (up to 5) in those "windows"?

1 minute ago, topper32 said:

Could it be that there are only 3 "substitution-windows" and that you have to make your subs (up to 5) in those "windows"?

Used only 2 "substitution-windows" in the match so far, so even if that rule is in place (I know it is in real life, not sure about in-game), not the case here.

On 11/11/2020 at 23:37, arjen080600 said:

The scheduling of the games is not right. I play the same team on the 1st and on the 9th playing round of the competition and an other team on the 2nd and 11th playing round. In real life you first play all the teams once and then you play them all for the 2nd time. This sometimes changes because of rescheduling, but that isn't the case, it was planned like this from the beginning of the game.

Could this be due to the effects Covid has on the scheduling? The KNVB modified the Eredivisie schedule so that Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and AZ do not play each other until January (approx. the second half of the season), so these fixtures could hopefully be played with fans attending again. This also means that they will play other teams twice before January and will affect other clubs as well. This might have affected your schedule as well.

Was told in the data thread to post this here.

Playing with Ajax there was a takeover quite quickly (which should be impossible), Think its a known issue already, but doesnt hurt to report it extra i guess. I kept on playing for a while, so the savegame is after the takeover, talks basicly started almost immediately after starting the game (so quite easy to reproduce, even one of the goals is to sell the club quickly).

Uploaded a savegame as Ajax-Takeover-T-IceMan.fm (again, after the takeover)

Edited by T-IceMan

53 minutes ago, T-IceMan said:

Was told in the data thread to post this here.

Playing with Ajax there was a takeover quite quickly (which should be impossible), Think its a known issue already, but doesnt hurt to report it extra i guess. I kept on playing for a while, so the savegame is after the takeover, talks basicly started almost immediately after starting the game (so quite easy to reproduce, even one of the goals is to sell the club quickly).

Uploaded a savegame as Ajax-Takeover-T-IceMan.fm (again, after the takeover)

@Kyle Brown is aware of this and looking into it for us :thup:

On 12/11/2020 at 16:20, Empty Sequence said:

Came here to report the same issue. 
The game only allows for 3 substitutions to be made in the dutch second division. 
This should currently be 5 substitutions as the rules have been (temporarily) changed. 

I am experiencing the same issue in the KNVB Beker: only 3 subs there when IRL it has been increased to 5

Ive noticed that when the option "play players from first team that arnt match fit in u19" is ticked, players like Stekelenburg (38 year old) and others get matchtime in u19 friendlies, while they shouldnt be able to due to age restrictions.

Edited by T-IceMan

On 14/11/2020 at 14:14, Reddiablo said:

General question for the players

How do the transfers look?
Do clubs sign/transfer foreign players or is it still 90% or more just Dutch players?

Am currently in february 2022. Looking back in the Transfer History of the 18 clubs I see nearly all transfer being within Netherlands, so amongst clubs (with the exception of the 'big 3', they buy mostly outside, especially Ajax and PSV). And if players are coming from outside Holland, they are mostly Dutch players returning...

Why the question? Should it be more balanced?

On 14/11/2020 at 14:14, Reddiablo said:

General question for the players

How do the transfers look?
Do clubs sign/transfer foreign players or is it still 90% or more just Dutch players?

I went on holiday for 7 years to see what happened and it seems that mostly Dutch players are signed (if the foreign import number is correct):

1686000071_TransfersummaryEredivisiesept2025.thumb.jpg.71e8cbf91e274f69f8b913b836474dec.jpg

754392090_TransfersummaryEredivisiesept2026.thumb.jpg.e33c2fccd6a81d7f94e6d3d3235d5f2a.jpg

1222833109_TransfersummaryEredivisiesept2027.thumb.jpg.cb76db4490b14513658973d42a0eda49.jpg

Unfortunately, I had activated rolling saves so I cannot supply screenshots from every year, but I added the Ajax transfer history per season as attachments to this post as an example. It seems they lean mostly to Dutch players (a bit too much I think). If necessary, I can also supply saves on dates 31-08-2025, 31-08-2026 and 1-09-2027.

Spoiler

Ajax Transfer History 20-21.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 21-22.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 22-23.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 23-24.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 24-25.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 25-26.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 26-27.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 27-28.jpg

Edited by Koennn
Edit: didn't realize I added them all as images. Sorry. Put the Ajax screenshots in a spoiler

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, Koennn said:

I went on holiday for 7 years to see what happened and it seems that mostly Dutch players are signed (if the foreign import number is correct):

Unfortunately, I had activated rolling saves so I cannot supply screenshots from every year, but I added the Ajax transfer history per season as attachments to this post as an example. It seems they lean mostly to Dutch players (a bit too much I think). If necessary, I can also supply saves on dates 31-08-2025, 31-08-2026 and 1-09-2027.

Reveal hidden contents

Ajax Transfer History 20-21.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 21-22.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 22-23.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 23-24.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 24-25.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 25-26.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 26-27.jpg

Ajax Transfer History 27-28.jpg

Well, in this save I see

2 signings, 2 foreign
6 signings, 2 foreign
6 signings, 5 foreign (!)
4 signings, 3 foreign
9 signings, 3 foreign
THat's not so bad (it does seem to get a bit more Dutch oriented, but there's also regens joining in.....)

But it does seem there's still a general trend to sign almost solely Dutch players across the board (so all clubs in the Eredivisie).  What can we do about this? @Freddie Sands

11 minutes ago, Reddiablo said:

Well, in this save I see

2 signings, 2 foreign
6 signings, 2 foreign
6 signings, 5 foreign (!)
4 signings, 3 foreign
9 signings, 3 foreign
THat's not so bad (it does seem to get a bit more Dutch oriented, but there's also regens joining in.....)

But it does seem there's still a general trend to sign almost solely Dutch players across the board (so all clubs in the Eredivisie).  What can we do about this? @Freddie Sands

Yeah you are right. I think the last two transfer center screenshots (2026-2027 and 2027-2028) skewed the numbers in my head since they have no foreign signings at all. But 22/23 is obviously the other way around with only 1 Dutch signing and 5 foreign ones.

Under 21 (Dutch Reserve Competition Eredivisie & Eerste Divisie)

• They play 28 times against each other. 14 times before the winter and 14 times after the winter.
  • The number 7 in the ''Eredivisie'' will relegate directly; the number 2 will also promote to the Eredivisie.
  • I miss the Reserve leagues Division 2 and 3.
  • ''Jong Heerenveen'' doesn't have the right link with First team SC Heerenveen. Jong Heerenveen is in game an independent team.
  • The names ''Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie'' exist no more. It should be Under 21 Division 1, Under 21 Division 2 --> till U21 Division 4.

U18 League

• The ''Onder 19 2e Divisie B'' should be the ''3e (third) Divisie B). The fourth level (Third Division) is the lowest and exists of two subdivisions (A and B).
  • The first competitionmatch is on 1/8/2020. That is too early. It should be begin september for a normal pre-season periode.
  • I miss the U18-cup
  • Fortuna Wormerveer U18 should be in the ''3e Division A instead of USV Hercules U18. Hercules doesn't play with their U18 in one of these divisions. 
  • The names ''Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie'' exist no more. It should be Under 18 Division 1, Under 21 Division 2 --> till U21 Division 4A and B.
Edited by Pa+rick

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Pa+rick said:

Under 21 (Dutch Reserve Competition Eredivisie & Eerste Divisie)

• They play 28 times against each other. 14 times before the winter and 14 times after the winter.
  • The number 7 in the ''Eredivisie'' will relegate directly; the number 2 will also promote to the Eredivisie.
  • I miss the Reserve leagues Division 2 and 3.
  • ''Jong Heerenveen'' doesn't have the right link with First team SC Heerenveen. Jong Heerenveen is in game an independent team.
  • The names ''Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie'' exist no more. It should be Under 21 Division I, Under 21 Division 2 --> till U21 Division 4.

U18 League

• The ''Onder 19 2e Divisie B'' should be the ''3e (third) Divisie B). The fourth level (Third Division) is the lowest and exists of two subdivisions (A and B).
  • I miss the U18-cup
  • The names ''Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie'' exist no more. It should be Under 18 Division I, Under 21 Division 2 --> till U21 Division 4A and B.

@Freddie Sands @David Siddall - Thanks so far, could you have a look at this one please?

The Dutch FA decided yesterday there won't be any amateur teams playing in the cup this year due to governmental regulations. Is this going to be reflected in the game too or does it stay as it is now? I'm fine with it either way, but just asking out of curiosity.

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, Zek said:

The Dutch FA decided yesterday there won't be any amateur teams playing in the cup this year due to governmental regulations. Is this going to be reflected in the game too or does it stay as it is now? I'm fine with it either way, but just asking out of curiosity.

No. Won't be changing this anymore at this time...

Not sure if this should go here or somewhere else, but it relates to Fc Groningen and Arjen Robben.

I don't know too much about the league but I don't think this is right, essentially the team are defaulted to a 5-3-2 formation and it means Robben has been an unused sub for most of the season because he's not a formation fit, but that does seem pretty unlikely IRL?

thanks

On 12/11/2020 at 16:03, SillveN said:

You were right Otto0o, thanks for your implication, I've learned one interesting fact about football in Nederlands. I've won even two periods :D Thanks !!! And thanks to SI for their dedication to include these details.

1382957150_Screenshot(483).thumb.png.acf7ec1823ffc9189262ea720c021818.png

I had this too and was just about to post a possible bug. So if we are playing in a league we know nothing about how are we supposed to know all of these little caveats. I looked in the rules and I could not find the information.

I got a message after about 24 games in the Dutch second level saying I had achieved a play off place. It was right I did get into the play offs despite finishing down the league.

Is there anywhere in the game where I can find out about the leagues before I start to play them

I have notice something about the television money of de keuken kampioen divisie. i got with Telstar in in the first season 1.9 million euro

that is really in possible to get for a very small club. in the eredivisie in the netherlands the 18 place got that amount of money. 

in this article they spoke about 7 million euro for the whole league (exept the second teams of the big teams)

(in the article they use the old name of the league, it is a 3 year old article but same tv contract)

https://sportnieuws.nl/voetbal/binnenland/nog-steeds-geen-duidelijkheid-tv-geld-degradatie-jupiler-league/

btw i dont know this is the right topic :)  but something is very wrong with the television money here

image.thumb.png.237f54ec59803e45af6ad9441686b6aa.png

Hi, as mentioned above Netherlands has a U21 competition with U21* teams instead of the B teams in the "reserve divisie"

See below the clubs per Under 21 Division. Sorry, do not seem the be able to make the print smaller

*except the clubs who have the jong-team in the football piramide: Az, Ajax, Fc Utrecht, Psv,, Sparta, Volendam

Afbeelding

On 23/11/2020 at 11:57, Craduco said:

Dutch clubs asking way too much money for players is still a thing sadly. Except for Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and AZ clubs shouldn't be asking for 20/30 million for a player. 6 to 8 million max would be more realistic.

If you have specific concrete examples of this, please post them over on the Transfers forum. Thanks.

On 19/11/2020 at 07:59, Womaz said:

I had this too and was just about to post a possible bug. So if we are playing in a league we know nothing about how are we supposed to know all of these little caveats. I looked in the rules and I could not find the information.

I got a message after about 24 games in the Dutch second level saying I had achieved a play off place. It was right I did get into the play offs despite finishing down the league.

Is there anywhere in the game where I can find out about the leagues before I start to play them

Yes, every league has a Rules page that explains all of this and the KKD is no different.

13 hours ago, Dropveter said:

Hi, as mentioned above Netherlands has a U21 competition with U21* teams instead of the B teams in the "reserve divisie"

See below the clubs per Under 21 Division. Sorry, do not seem the be able to make the print smaller

*except the clubs who have the jong-team in the football piramide: Az, Ajax, Fc Utrecht, Psv,, Sparta, Volendam

Afbeelding

I'm not sure what the issue is here. The first two divisions in that image are present in the game.

6 hours ago, Stephen Glennon said:

I'm not sure what the issue is here. The first two divisions in that image are present in the game.

Not as a U21 division, - now they still have the age rules from the previous years.
image.png.1a82f499ce53daeebae2d15708308389.png

Plus, in the new U21 division they play each other 4 times and not 2 as is set now.

image.png.077ce7880e070ef1cadb99dee8ea41cd.png

Source: Adres (knvb.nl)

Edited by Dropveter

7 hours ago, Dropveter said:

Not as a U21 division, - now they still have the age rules from the previous years.
image.png.1a82f499ce53daeebae2d15708308389.png

Plus, in the new U21 division they play each other 4 times and not 2 as is set now.

image.png.077ce7880e070ef1cadb99dee8ea41cd.png

Source: Adres (knvb.nl)

It is a little bit different. Instead of 1 competition in which each team plays each other 4 times, there is a fall and a spring competition in which each teams plays a home and away match against each other and a possible championship match.

These are the rules to determine the overall champion from the document in the link above:

- If a team wins both the fall and the spring competition, they are also crowned the overall champion.

- If the fall champion ends up 7th or 8th (which are the relegation places) in the spring competition, then the spring champion is named overall champion.

- If the spring champion was placed 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6th in the fall in the highest division (division 1) or 1st or 2nd in division 2, then the fall and spring champions will play one match on a location which has yet to be determined to decide who will be crowned overall champion.

So basically the Fall and the Spring champions will play a deciding match, unless the Fall champion gets relegated in the spring or if both championships are won by the same team.

Judging from the 2nd and 3th rule mentioned above, there will also be promotion/relegation at the end of Fall competition.

On 23/11/2020 at 12:57, Craduco said:

Dutch clubs asking way too much money for players is still a thing sadly. Except for Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and AZ clubs shouldn't be asking for 20/30 million for a player. 6 to 8 million max would be more realistic.

Thank you im ajax i offered for boady they asked for 196m

stengs 96m

Wijndal 296m

wtf