[Norway] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Norway competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Norway should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, wisconsin said:

Why can I add division 3 as active but am unable to add a manager below the two division 2 leagues?

This is because the 4th tier in Norway was added purely as a means to have more reserve teams appear in active competitions (same goes for French 4th tier and Romanian 3rd tier) rather than be playable.

43 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

This is because the 4th tier in Norway was added purely as a means to have more reserve teams appear in active competitions (same goes for French 4th tier and Romanian 3rd tier) rather than be playable.

Oh, damn. Is there any intention to ever make it playable? (Without leaderboard breaking additional files)

Edited by wisconsin

Hello,

I found this looking through the Norwegian Cup. When I click on the Rules tab, and click next season, it has the start and end dates as 1st Jan 1901 and then when I click back to current season it has 1st Jan 1900. Picture underneath might help explain more.

1ac90f83f0e10ae024da279ec7e42958.png

16 hours ago, CBush1231 said:

Hello,

I found this looking through the Norwegian Cup. When I click on the Rules tab, and click next season, it has the start and end dates as 1st Jan 1901 and then when I click back to current season it has 1st Jan 1900. Picture underneath might help explain more.

Logged now, thanks for reporting.

20 hours ago, CBush1231 said:

Hello,

The competition did start up as expected the next season for me, it's just a display bug fortunately.

20 hours ago, tsagbotxd said:

fm21.PNG

Is this issue with AI clubs not registering their loan players specific to Norway or a general bug? In the soaks I've been running I have not noticed that this happens at all.

1 hour ago, LarsC said:

Is this issue with AI clubs not registering their loan players specific to Norway or a general bug? In the soaks I've been running I have not noticed that this happens at all.

I only ever manage Rosenborg and english teams, I have never seen this happen in England but happened during all of my seasons in Norway both this year and in 2020 version. Makes it pointless for me to loan players there and the AI spends massive wages for players they dont use so the league gets even easier than it should be.

12 minutes ago, tsagbotxd said:

I only ever manage Rosenborg and english teams, I have never seen this happen in England but happened during all of my seasons in Norway both this year and in 2020 version. Makes it pointless for me to loan players there and the AI spends massive wages for players they dont use so the league gets even easier than it should be.

@Stephen Glennon maybe you can specify to @tsagbotxdwhat is needed to take a look at this, I am unable to replicate the problem on my end. Teams are registering their loan players just fine in my saves.

12 minutes ago, LarsC said:

@Stephen Glennon maybe you can specify to @tsagbotxdwhat is needed to take a look at this, I am unable to replicate the problem on my end. Teams are registering their loan players just fine in my saves.

Best approach would be to upload a save game that shows this issue, here's how: 

This was as issue for me in season 1 (start May 2020). Loaning players to the top 2 divisions was wasted as the clubs never registered the players and could not use them. In level 3 (2.divison), players were registered and used

I was afraid before season 2 that this would happen again, but luckily, it seems to be fixed now.

However, players were not registered and used in the first round, but now after 2 rounds, they are all registered and played the match as hoped.

@Stephen Glennon - Regarding the bug with squad registration and the AI going over it, I think I've found out parts of it. The team is allowed to register 25 players on semi-pro or pro deals and 5 on youth deals or amateur contracts. What I *think* are happening with the AI is that they have 5 players on youth contracts, but when they have appeared in their allocated matches, they are offered a pro deal by the club, and once that is signed they are still registered and so the club now have 26 pro deals and 4 youth deals.

So I think that could be the reason for that part of it. How the AI managed to go over the non-homegrown rule is not something I know of yet though, but I hope it's still on your radar even if i haven't heard anything more?

On 16/11/2020 at 17:07, XaW said:

@Stephen Glennon - Regarding the bug with squad registration and the AI going over it, I think I've found out parts of it. The team is allowed to register 25 players on semi-pro or pro deals and 5 on youth deals or amateur contracts. What I *think* are happening with the AI is that they have 5 players on youth contracts, but when they have appeared in their allocated matches, they are offered a pro deal by the club, and once that is signed they are still registered and so the club now have 26 pro deals and 4 youth deals.

So I think that could be the reason for that part of it. How the AI managed to go over the non-homegrown rule is not something I know of yet though, but I hope it's still on your radar even if i haven't heard anything more?

Ah that's a smart observation. I've added that info to the bug log. It's definitely still on our radar, don't worry!

On 18/11/2020 at 10:06, Stephen Glennon said:

Could you please upload a save game that shows this issue? Here's how: 

Hi Stephen,

Game file has been uploaded

"Sindre Nordhagen - Brann.fm"

The specific player I looked at is Runar Norheim (Brann). 
Seems to occur when a player is supposed to be from a local academy, but does not have 3 years in his history, and is not a newgen.
Newgen's that come up through the academy is registered as developed in Norway

19 hours ago, sindre_90 said:

Hi Stephen,

Game file has been uploaded

"Sindre Nordhagen - Brann.fm"

The specific player I looked at is Runar Norheim (Brann). 
Seems to occur when a player is supposed to be from a local academy, but does not have 3 years in his history, and is not a newgen.
Newgen's that come up through the academy is registered as developed in Norway

Could you post this one over on the Research and Database forum? They'll be much better equipped to help you over there. Thanks.

13 hours ago, tbarker05 said:

The third division is not playable even when selected as a playable league 

This was addressed just a few posts above. This is because the 4th tier in Norway was added purely as a means to have more reserve teams appear in active competitions (same goes for French 4th tier and Romanian 3rd tier) rather than be playable. 

I've just completed my first season as Levanger in the 2nd division and got £735,000 in sponsorship money at the end of the season.  That sounds quite a lot.  Is this right?

I can upload a save at the time of receiving the commercial summary if that helps.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Crispypaul said:

I've just completed my first season as Levanger in the 2nd division and got £735,000 in sponsorship money at the end of the season.  That sounds quite a lot.  Is this right?

I can upload a save at the time of receiving the commercial summary if that helps.

This does seem like quite a large amount for a team in this league. Sponsorship money is not set by the competition and would be worth raising in the forum below as a potential issue :) 

Thanks!

https://community.sigames.com/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Tax on player's salary is very high. 

Not sure if this is a league issue, or a game issue. How is the tax calculated?

Alot of players are taxed over 50% which is not possible in Norway, and players with low salary is also taxed around 40%, which is not common

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at the end of 3rd season and the dates seem all jumbled. This is the current timeline I'm facing:

24th October 2022: Final game of the season

26th October 2022: Squad go on end of season break

31st October 2022: Squad return for pre-season 

5th November 2022: Cup Final for 2022 season

6th March 2023: 2023 Season Starts

A couple of issues:

1. A 5-day end of season break, which is placed during a season that is still active (I'm in the cup final)

2. A 5-month pre-season seems very steep, surely players are going to end up injured

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, DasMagicMullet said:

I'm at the end of 3rd season and the dates seem all jumbled. This is the current timeline I'm facing:

24th October 2022: Final game of the season

26th October 2022: Squad go on end of season break

31st October 2022: Squad return for pre-season 

5th November 2022: Cup Final for 2022 season

6th March 2023: 2023 Season Starts

A couple of issues:

1. A 5-day end of season break, which is placed during a season that is still active (I'm in the cup final)

2. A 5-month pre-season seems very steep, surely players are going to end up injured

Thanks for raising this, it seems the game is confused by the cup final and doesn't send players on holiday after then instead of before. I have logged this internally for further review now.

The AI seems to be having some issues with the Norwegian registration rules.

Case in point: Bodø/Glimt, rolling in cash after winning the league in 2020 and selling Hauge to Milan, went on a shopping spree. Trouble is, they only bought expensive foreign players, without being able to register more than 9 of them for the league.

They're now (2024 season) 10th in the league, even though they have the largest salary bill in the league. They're regularly unable to field more than 2 substitutes from the first team on the bench, and all their cash is going to the salaries of unregistered players.

As you can see, halfway through the season, a lot of their best players haven't started a single match, and they're all in horrible match shape.

I understand that this is an AI issue that probably doesn't have an easy fix, but seeing as this would never happen in real life, I hope you'll be able to look into it.

Glimt.thumb.jpg.79908d144f6fd1c2a4675e1e782a5e21.jpg

Edited by Özil1469570385

• 3 weeks later...

Made it to the cup final with Lillestrøm in second tier. Unfortunately it's impossible to set up training between the season end and the cup final (17 days). Also, shouldn't the cup final be on a Sunday early afternoon and not a Wednesday evening, like in the game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 04/02/2021 at 20:36, m.braathen said:

Made it to the cup final with Lillestrøm in second tier. Unfortunately it's impossible to set up training between the season end and the cup final (17 days). Also, shouldn't the cup final be on a Sunday early afternoon and not a Wednesday evening, like in the game?

Hi there, I've attempted to reproduce this internally but have been unable to do so (training appears to still be do-able in the fixture gap). Could you upload your save game to our cloud service for us to investigate please. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am using the latest DB version and a editor file to unlock the Norway 4th tier league as playable (this one here) and it looks like there 2nd teams are too strong and are dominating one of the two third tier leagues. 

I'm in the other league where there is only one 2nd team and therefore I am playing Floya in the playoff finals and 9th place gets promoted to the league above. Seems unrealistic to have so many strong 2nd teams. 

I'm in the year 2025 and am managing Alta. 

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by TheMattB81

• 3 months later...

Very sad to see these leagues are completely broken and unplayable in the long run! The reserve teams are EXTREMELY strong, and completely fill the third tier after 4-5 seasons. I hope this gets fixed for the next game, as this is the league I want to play the most.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/01/2021 at 12:19, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for raising this, it seems the game is confused by the cup final and doesn't send players on holiday after then instead of before. I have logged this internally for further review now.

I just had the same problem right now.  If you need, I can upload a save.  Just let me know.  I won the First Division and was in the Norwegian Cup final.  I'm playing a Premier league team in the cup final, and their schedule continues out right up until the cup final.  However, our team's season ended a few weeks before this. 

So it's ending the season and vacationing our guys right before the cup final, and then having an 18 week pre-season.  LOL.  Our guys will get about 7 day "vacation," then it's back to the grind.

Screenshots:

image.png.938b77ec7844543220ad63d6a4176ad8.png

My schedule in November and December 2021

image.png.3ec223cd88d8dcaffee0a30c125e0b9b.png

My upcoming opponent's schedule in the same time period

image.png.c9a0cd404521957f50407eaeb7e66d33.png

It appears that any non-Premier division team that makes the Norwegian Cup final will have this issue, because all of the other divisions end by then or earlier.  I tried scheduling friendlies to prevent this, starting from about 3 weeks before hand, to try to prevent this, but it didn't work.  I tried in the small window after the November 7th game before the break, and it wouldn't let me either.

I know you're not doing any more updates or fixes for FM21, but please keep in mind for FM22.  Again, let me know if you need me to upload a save.  Thank you.

Just an update on this.  The game "ends the season" again....with the whole end of season presentation and everything, on December 2nd, and then we're on break until January 10th.  So it was weird but it didn't harm anything.  My guys are getting their month-long vacation.

Another update on this same bug- the season ended while I was still in cups.  This time we're in the Euro Cup II, and we just finished our last group stage game, and we won the group.  We also won the Premier Division this time, which is a longer season that the first division from last year.  However right after the last group cup game in the Euro II, it ends the season:
image.thumb.png.a1a4374df0df379b1407259bad5f44c2.png

image.thumb.png.86a4933bc5e718c0965cd5dafadf51f6.png

image.thumb.png.c97d80861d4a5ed88ad7bfa76d3d7ab3.png

image.thumb.png.fcd38852497f1a6e85d553a8560a79b7.png

I guess it's weird because the last game is November 3rd, but we won't even know what game we're playing until December 12th.  Maybe there should be a little break?  I lost in the Norwegian Cup semis, and maybe if I made the final, there would be a game there.  I'll update the thread when I get that far, and devs if you need a save game, let me know.

On edit....
While on the break I get this....never seen this before:
image.png.ca4c4dfc1ae4f2f39cd64f6238c8ac46.png

Edited by TroubleMan

Update on the post above.  I would say that FM is doing it correctly.  The next Euro Cup II match for our team is March 2nd.  The vacation and end of season were timed correctly.  It's just a little weird how the Norwegian season ends in December.  I'm guessing it's because of the climate.  Even if we didn't win the group and would have had to play in the first knockouts, then that game is mid-February, so same thing. 

Again this is for a team in the Norwegian Premier League.  For a lower division it would still give the erroneous but harmless fake end of season.

Edited by TroubleMan

There seems to be a bug with my save. I was just promoted from the Norwegian second division, but my board and players clearly don't think I have been, maybe because it was through the playoffs? Also it ruined my end of season meeting.

image.png.a2d533e7c1120d3a8805b3e75628b8e5.png

image.png.ac7894b749376f6c917ada937103f64b.png

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, PrORiPpAax said:

There seems to be a bug with my save. I was just promoted from the Norwegian second division, but my board and players clearly don't think I have been, maybe because it was through the playoffs? Also it ruined my end of season meeting.

image.png.a2d533e7c1120d3a8805b3e75628b8e5.png

image.png.ac7894b749376f6c917ada937103f64b.png

Thank you, could you please post this issue in the forum attached below as this is not something to do with the competition itself but seems to be more to do with the Club Vision. Thank you very much! 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/

• 1 month later...

I think the chairman position in Norway is wrong. Clubs don't change chairman/styreleder that often. They run for election every fourth year. It's annoying that the club's vision changes every 2. year. Look at Ivar Koteng at Rosenborg. https://www.proff.no/nyheter/rosenborg-sport-as/trondheim/annen-forretningsmessig-tjenesteyting/IFLM91710LQ/

He got elected in 2012,2016, and 2020

4 hours ago, zaur0n^ said:

I think the chairman position in Norway is wrong. Clubs don't change chairman/styreleder that often. They run for election every fourth year. It's annoying that the club's vision changes every 2. year. Look at Ivar Koteng at Rosenborg. https://www.proff.no/nyheter/rosenborg-sport-as/trondheim/annen-forretningsmessig-tjenesteyting/IFLM91710LQ/

He got elected in 2012,2016, and 2020

Good call, I always thought it was strange that there were elections every two years, though sometimes the old chairman stays on for four years. 

@Sebastian Szlenkier