[Europe] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Europe competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Club and International)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Europe should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
33 minutes ago, Asterionas13 said:

The champions league winner 2019-2020 bayern missing.

https://prnt.sc/vh14hb

32 minutes ago, Asterionas13 said:

I saw now and the Europa league winner Sevilla missing too.

This is due to the date of these competition wins in the database being after the game start date. If you continue past when these finals occurred they will appear as past winners for the competitions.

I don't know if this is the right topic, but the Nations League groups are wrong. For example, Portugal and Switzerland are in the same group despite both being in pot 1 due to winning their group last edition. Could be done on purpose because of licensing, but I remember they had the correct groups for the Nations League in FM19.

• SI Staff
25 minutes ago, Zek said:

I don't know if this is the right topic, but the Nations League groups are wrong. For example, Portugal and Switzerland are in the same group despite both being in pot 1 due to winning their group last edition. Could be done on purpose because of licensing, but I remember they had the correct groups for the Nations League in FM19.

Cheers. This is under review, as @Freddie Sands has said above my message.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Freddie Sands:

Cheers, this is now logged internally. It seems that half the Thursday 29th October matches get incorrectly moved to Sunday 29th November.

Sorry for the quick question but is this something that needs (when fixed) a new save game to be corrected?

Just asking because im currently considering to already start a long term save (liking the beta) but i would wait then.

Not sure if this is an issue or on purpose, but in the Europa League (and Champions League) they have 12 player benches and 5 subs allowed, in game (at least for Europa League qualifiers, all I've tested so far) this is not the case and only 7 player benches and 3 subs are allowed.

Champions League third qualifying round (League Path): 
Due to the pandemic, this year this preliminary round is played as single-legged match (so as all the preliminary rounds played before the play-off). What was decided is that the team drawn first would play the match home. The regular format states that the clubs with higher coeficient play the second leg home.

On FM21, in spite of being a single-legged round, the draw is placing the team with the highest coeficient on the position of playing away the first (and only!!) match, being irrelevant if it was drawn first or second. This would be correct in the previous format, since it would mean that the seeded team would play the second leg home. What happens is that the seeded teams will always play this game away. Please notice that I don´t know if this is happening in the champions path.

If you wan´t me to clarify please let me know. Thank you.

Just now, andrerbranco said:

Champions League third qualifying round (League Path): 
Due to the pandemic, this year this preliminary round is played as single-legged match (so as all the preliminary rounds played before the play-off). What was decided is that the team drawn first would play the match home. The regular format states that the clubs with higher coeficient play the second leg home.

On FM21, in spite of being a single-legged round, the draw is placing the team with the highest coeficient on the position of playing away the first (and only!!) match, being irrelevant if it was drawn first or second. This would be correct in the previous format, since it would mean that the seeded team would play the second leg home. What happens is that the seeded teams will always play this game away. Please notice that I don´t know if this is happening in the champions path.

If you wan´t me to clarify please let me know. Thank you.

You can find this information on the UEFA website. Here is the resumed version on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_UEFA_Champions_League_qualifying_phase_and_play-off_round#League_Path

Dan James is not shown as Home Grown, despite spending his playing career in England (when I'm registering for the Champions League). Is that intentional? I could be derping (and missing something obvious also, so unsure). Also, I'm not sure where to post this, hence opting for doing it here since it for European competitions. He doesn't count towards the quota either, whereas he should.

image.thumb.png.196321bdda3d2221289aa45442765a28.png

Save just before confirming the registration - Man Utd v1.2.fm

2 hours ago, Sherkey said:

Dan James is not shown as Home Grown, despite spending his playing career in England (when I'm registering for the Champions League). Is that intentional? I could be derping (and missing something obvious also, so unsure). Also, I'm not sure where to post this, hence opting for doing it here since it for European competitions. He doesn't count towards the quota either, whereas he should.

image.thumb.png.196321bdda3d2221289aa45442765a28.png

Save just before confirming the registration - Man Utd v1.2.fm

Wales and England are separate countries for the purposes of the homegrown rule, so this is correct as it is. James was in Wales for four of the six years.

27 minutes ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Wales and England are separate countries for the purposes of the homegrown rule, so this is correct as it is. James was in Wales for four of the six years.

Ah, didn't realise being at Swansea would classify as a different country (Wales). Thanks for clarifying that, Stephen!

Edited by Sherkey

19 hours ago, re1n said:

Not sure if this is an issue or on purpose, but in the Europa League (and Champions League) they have 12 player benches and 5 subs allowed, in game (at least for Europa League qualifiers, all I've tested so far) this is not the case and only 7 player benches and 3 subs are allowed.

Thanks for that, we're aware of this one and working on it.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, danpomfrett said:

I understand the schedule is congested this season because of COVID but I'm playing 4 Europa league games in a row for 3 weeks without any other games in between.

image.png.196df6be80d9e06a3eaa5b85bca009ab.png

Hi there, this is partly due to a known issue regarding some Euro Cup matches on the 29th October being moved to 29th November mistakenly (hence the Sunday match). However I'm not entirely sure why there's no match between the 3rd and 10th of December there - could you upload your save game to our cloud please and we'll take a look. Thanks

https://community.sigames.com/topic/530803-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

image.png.2494eb966acf04f17bb00602e69771f0.png

Hi. I play 2nd and 3rd game with Leicester, and 4th game with Zorya. I think that the Zorya game has to be played before my game with Leicester away. and the last two in reverse..

St. Gallen - Away

Zorya - Home

Leicester - Away

Leicester - Home

Zorya - Away

St. Gallen - Home

I think that thgis should be the correct order

On the rules screen it should make a distinction of which competition's knockout round teams qualify for to prevent confusion.

The 1st/2nd place qualify for 1st knockout round (Champions league), 3rd qualifies for 1st knockout round (Europa league). The exact same issue is in Europa league rules with respect to Europa conference league.

image.png.80f617ad22d47698edd52746810c78d2.png