Jump to content

FM21 - NEW PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Rachel89 said:

Hi just wondering would this laptop be as good as a Lenovo legion 5 or acer nitro 5 or something in that range ? It seems like a good price but I can’t see this model on other sites to compare.

https://www.komplett.ie/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15imh05-81y400dwmh/80056638/product

Good spec and decent price too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a mil for replying. I was hoping to get a Ryzen 5 4600h processor but from reading other comments there doesn’t seem to be a major difference, I hope! Thanks again I think I’ll go with this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rachel89 said:

Thanks a mil for replying. I was hoping to get a Ryzen 5 4600h processor but from reading other comments there doesn’t seem to be a major difference, I hope! Thanks again I think I’ll go with this!

Yep, based on the various benchmarking sites I look at, there doesn't appear to be a huge amount between them.  Either should do a fine job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Finch141 said:

Will I have any  performance issues or everything will run fine on it? Also thanks for the reply.

Depends what you mean by "everything".  If you're wanting to play modern AAA games, then no, you'll need something more powerful and with a dedicated graphics card.

If you're just playing FM and doing basic computing tasks, it'll be OK.  It's not going to be blisteringly quick - but, I don't think you'll find better for that price, and it'll play the 3D match engine at medium settings, or thereabouts.  It'll certainly do the job for FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Depends what you mean by "everything".  If you're wanting to play modern AAA games, then no, you'll need something more powerful and with a dedicated graphics card.

If you're just playing FM and doing basic computing tasks, it'll be OK.  It's not going to be blisteringly quick - but, I don't think you'll find better for that price, and it'll play the 3D match engine at medium settings, or thereabouts.  It'll certainly do the job for FM.

Im mainly getting it for football manager. My current laptop is very slow playing FM so like a laptop where it doesn't take a long time to a season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Finch141 said:

Im mainly getting it for football manager. My current laptop is very slow playing FM so like a laptop where it doesn't take a long time to a season.

Ok, should be fine then.  The Ryzen 5's are pretty good for the most part, even the ultra-low power ones like this.  And as I said, you'll not be likely to find better for the same money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Finch141 said:

Im mainly getting it for football manager. My current laptop is very slow playing FM so like a laptop where it doesn't take a long time to a season.

What's the spec of your current computer? 

How many leagues do you load? What size database? 3D matches? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi do refresh rates matter when it comes to FM21? Would a 60hz display be ok? The laptop I ordered has 60hz display but I know some have 120 and up but maybe these don’t have any benefit with fm?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Smurf and Kev,I like the work you are doing on here,keep it up!

Im looking for a laptop which I’ll only be using for FM21.I want to be running it in 3D with as many leagues as possible.My budget is £800.

Are you able to have a look please?   P.S Only products from Curry’s lads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Offish said:

I want to be running it in 3D with as many leagues as possible.

It is always possible to run as many leagues as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Smurf said:

It is always possible to run as many leagues as possible.

True that, it's just how quickly (or slowly) the game will run! 

1 hour ago, Offish said:

Hello Smurf and Kev,I like the work you are doing on here,keep it up!

Im looking for a laptop which I’ll only be using for FM21.I want to be running it in 3D with as many leagues as possible.My budget is £800.

Are you able to have a look please?   P.S Only products from Curry’s lads.

From the stuff available at Currys, this one looks the best bet to me within your budget:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/msi-bravo-15-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-rx-5500m-256-gb-ssd-10206090-pdt.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...