Hi, my name is silentgoma.

Hi, my name is silentgoma.

I'm broadcasting a game on Twitch platform in Korea now.

You're wondering why I sent you an email.  

First of all, I like and am interested in a game called Football Manager, so the main content of the broadcast is football manager. 

So! I would like to gather opinions of Korean users and share their questions.

Here's the question. 

1. I think the price of the game is expensive compared to the game graphics.

2. Can't you measure the transfer fee according to reality?

3. Why is the gap between Poten in each country's league so wide?

(Of the four major leagues (EPL, Serie, Bundesliga, La Liga), why is the EPL the strongest and the German league weak and low potential? 

It would be fun if the national balance was right, but it's hard because it's not like that.)

4. Best-line-up standard for each round of the respective leagues?

(There is a way to choose the best Eleven as the real game. Are we going to select the best Eleven based on MVP scores in the FM game? Or is it performance?

5. When will the NetPlay issue(Bug) be resolved?

(Netplay is a user-multi game in FM called virtual draft game!)

6. When will the match engine in the game be replaced?

7. Can a player's maximum individual abilities be changed to 30 instead of 20?

8. Please make a gauge for each stage of individual tactics. 

(I hope there will be more multi-stage gauges in individual tactics, such as advancing and using wide space.)

(When attacking, I only shoot too many times, so if there's someone next to me, I hope there's a cutback.)

(Get rid of Trequartistas and Mezzalas that tell you where your role is.)

9. XG Create

( I hope there will be training such as defense line practice and triangle making.)

10. translation error improvement

When I summed up my opinions, I found out this.

Can you explain why there are these things?

Hi Silentgoma - some of my thoughts on your questions

2. Can't you measure the transfer fee according to reality?

From day 1 when you press continue - the game world is no longer in touch with reality - everything that happens is unique to your save - while transfer fees may be similar on day one of your game, everything else from that point on is no longer grounded in reality, but in the reality of your game. From my perspective, I believe SI do a reasonable job of modelling inflation within the game, however it is a complicated thing to model ( Particularly with world events as they are now). Remember - in your game a player is only worth what you (or another team) is willing to play - like reality sometimes this will enable a bargin, other times it will enable playing over the odds.

3. Why is the gap between Poten in each country's league so wide?

(Of the four major leagues (EPL, Serie, Bundesliga, La Liga), why is the EPL the strongest and the German league weak and low potential? 

It would be fun if the national balance was right, but it's hard because it's not like that.)

Again, personally you could argue that the EPL is by far the strongest league in europe right now (due to the finances and the TV Money that the teams receive. As such the best players in the world are attracted to the league as the wages are often higher than available elsewhere. Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga all have some good sides, but the finances/ability across the league are generally considered to not be as strong on average. - If you go back in History, theres times the Italian or Spanish or German leagues were by far the best in Europe, it really does rotate between them in life, but the EPL seems to be having a long run as of late. 

6. When will the match engine in the game be replaced?

The match engine is updated every year (and most patches). I am anticipating you are referring to the graphic engine rather than the match engine. This goes through updates each version as well (although these may be smaller). There was a big change a couple of years back i think when SI switched from using DX9 to DX11, this lead to a jump of improvement in some areas of the graphics. I do not know what SI's plans are with this in future.

7. Can a player's maximum individual abilities be changed to 30 instead of 20?

Personally, I do not understand the benefit of changing the scale, but this may be something for the feature request forums, (which I would suggest you use for question 8 and 9 also). If you flesh the ideas out with a little more information, then SI will review them. There may be no response or discussion in that forum as it is not what it is for, but it will ensure the idea is seen by SI (it may be decided not to implement the ideas). I would ensure it is clear what the benefit would be of the idea though (so in this instance why attributes being on a scale of 30 would be better than a scale of 20? 

The Feature Request forum can be found: - https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

10. translation error improvement

If you are aware of issues in translation, please report them (assuming you are referring to the Korean translation) - https://community.sigames.com/topic/495493-korean-issues-in-korean-translation/

Kind regards

On 30/10/2020 at 15:06, silentgoma said:

1. I think the price of the game is expensive compared to the game graphics.

No-one buys FM for the graphics. The way I judge a game's worth is how many hours enjoyment I get out of it, and in that respect, FM is totally unrivalled. No other game comes close in terms of value for money. You want football with fancy graphics? Well, I think you know the answer to that one.