February Challenge - African Warriors

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I may jump in and have a go at this, though I dont know how I will finish a season in three days when it normally takes me a week :p. As for the next challange I reckon either Hong Kong or Singapore would be intresting.

georgehawker.jpg

Pre-Season:

After taking a 2-0 lead against FS stars I went on to lose 5-2 due to some dreafdul defending. That was when i realised exactly how bad the squad were as well as when i was given 2000-1 odds of getting promoted, something I foolishly told the board i could achieve. However after appointing a scout I have decided just to hire who ever he ofters me, which at the moment is out of contract people and has seen my sign some decentish players and given me hope for the season.

Halfway Stage:

Well I basically signed every single player my scout reccomended to me, all who seemed to play for the same club. I suspect that he just went to the nearest club and gave me there team-sheet, as they were better than the crap we allready had.

Anyway after bringing in some better players we managed to turn into a strong outfit and are currently sitting in second place. However almost every game sees us trying to defend a lead or keep a draw in the last ten minutes while we are put under a lot of pressure, even against Hannover Park we can only win by one goal. Hopefully we can keep our good form up and go on to win promotion and get a medal.

Table

Squad

Results

Mid April- End of Cup Run

Well we were finally knocked out of South African FA cup in Quarter Final by Kaizer Chiefs. This was after wins against FC Cape Town (mid-table first division), Ajax CT (holders) and Supersport Utd current leaders in top flight.

H FC Cape Town 1-6 A African Warriors (First Round)

H Ajax CT 1-3 e A African Warriors (Second Round)

H African Warriors 4-1 A Supersport Utd (Last sixteen)

H Kaizer Chiefs 3-2 A African Warriors (Quarter Final)

Quarter Final

We are also now top of the table and I was going to talk about it being down to me being very luckly with few suspensions etc, but I have just had my star striker red carded after basically getting into a fight with someone who kicked him in a game against the crap Hannover Park. icon_mad.gif

Still I have noticed against most teams I am now longer given impossible to win but instead difficult, odds now at 9-1 rather than 50-1.

Just had my strikers ban increased to four matches and just checked to see how many games left and guess what.... there are four. It seems my striker's season may be over, oh crap. Still the worst I can come is third, which isn't bad is it?

1st Me 62

2nd F.C.A.K 59

3rd Ikapa Sporting 58

End of Season

I think I have just had one of the luckiest seasons in football manager ever. It is also the first time i have ever not lost a single league game, which is really weird, I have played games with big clubs and still not had no losses during league.

Anyway we eventually won the title after a nail biting last couple of matches. After havign my striker suspended for 4 mtaches I then realised my only other decent foward was returning to his club from loan two games before end of season. I eventually ended up relying on my goalkeeper to make lots of saves and being able to use my defenders to score setpeice goals.

If only I had made a bet on the 2000-1 odds, I could be loaded by now.

Some intresting messages

^^ Then again what use would there be when the club maybe only has about 50 members.

The Wages

The Table

The Finances

Dafuge if I win the first division cup and the league (on my second attempt, which i have nearly finished), even if i finish on less points than G-Man11, would i finish 1st because i would have won the cup as well?

hopefully that makes sense icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't post my squad as it hadnt changed since my origonal screen-shot of it, Also I'll put up transfers if you really want (will wait for dafuge to tell me to though as it takes ages to upload screenshots on this computer). Also I was under the impression that the cup was of no importance and only the league/points were.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

When you complete your season, post the following screenshots in your review:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>League Tables

<LI>Squad

<LI>Transfer History

<LI>Finances Summary

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There really isn't any need to ask Dafuge as it clearly states it here.

How either of you completed it in one day I will not know, still I cant complain about bronze. As for the cup its of no importance, but well done anyway. However can you beat my cup record in the FA Cup, beating the holders and top of the prem and narrowly lozing to kaizer chiefs in Quarter Final icon_wink.gif.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gifridleys icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gifminisavicon_smile.gificon_smile.gif |----------|icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif|----------|icon_smile.gif| 1 |icon_smile.gif:)G-Man11 :):):):D

:D:):):)| 2 |:)| (Gold) |:)|---------| :):):D

:D:):):)| (Silver) |:)| |:)| 3 | :):):D

:D:):):)| |:)| |:)|(Bronze) | :):):D

:D:):):)|__________|:)|__________|:)|_________| :):):D

:D:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D

:D:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">February Challenge Leaderboard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username Achievements Medal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ridleys (2) League winners with 77 points Gold

minisav (2) League winners with 76 points Silver

G-Man11 League winners with 72 points Bronze

minisav League winners with 69 points

ridleys Finished 5th with 52 points

Flashman's School Days Finished 9th with 42 points

CoachFlu Finished 11th with 35 points

DodgeeD Finished 11th with 34 points

bob66 Finished 11th with 32 points

Jonzii Finished 12th with 27 points

dafuge Finished 14th with 24 points

OugaBagga Finished Bottom with 14 points

</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Medals Leaderboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username Gold Silver Bronze Challenges Played

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoAC 1 0 0 1

ridleys 1 0 0 1

dafuge 0 1 0 2

minisav 0 1 0 1

CoachFlu 0 0 1 2

Jimbokav1971 0 0 1 1

G-Man11 0 0 1 1

migwar 0 0 0 1

Boskovic 0 0 0 1

Flashman's School Days 0 0 0 1

DodgeeD 0 0 0 1

bob66 0 0 0 1